Caitlyn is truly OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Expose AnthraX

05-02-2011

I know calling champs OP is lame and all, but I've considered this long and hard. I use to even call Caitlyn UP and weak. There use to be a time where I would say "oh haha they have a caitlyn, we win."

Patch 114 she was buffed, faster attack speed, more traps.
Patch 115, she was megabuffed, her ultimate range at level 6, is almost as much as her ultimate range at level 16 before patch. This immediately changed the metagame where now caitlyns have become master tower divers.

While her ultimate can be blocked, in solo lane, you have no one to block, and you can run all you want, you will still die.

Her range was already OP just on her autoattack. basically, she can last hit and harass more effectively than most other champs because of the animation speed.

Ashe vs Caitlyn mid? What a joke, ashe will be useless throughout game and denied hard. The only people that can lane versus caitlyn, are champs with stuns, but even they will have trouble.

Basically, by the time level 9 hits, any semi-competent caitlyn player will have taken one turret and may have even gotten a kill.

She scales just as well as Ashe late game, I don't know why some people make the false claim "caitlyn not good late game," she is. She scales pretty well, and people still focus her late game because she is the game-changer that destroys your team.

Some people will not agree, but people are waking up and realizing that she is really OP and appearing more frequently in games.

EDIT: let me define OP for you guys who are thinking of downvoting... Slightly stronger than your average champ. She dominates almost any lane, she is OP. But some people just love caitlyn so I don't mind.

Thought

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2011

No cc, Corki deeps better.

Expose AnthraX

05-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OatmeaI View Post
No cc.
Apparently a slow+escape mechanism combination is not CC for some people. But they'd be wrong.

While Corki may have strong nukes, caitlyn still owns corki 1v1 even in high elo because of range.

Range = more hits = more harass opportunities = less opportunities to be denied.

PickleChutney

05-02-2011

Nope. Mediocre still.

Arukayos

05-02-2011

Nope.

She's still incredibly UP when compared to other AD carries. Her Q has a small channel time, requiring her to stand there for a second -- so she can't cast it while chasing or running away. Her ult does absolutely no damage to anyone with even 60 armor. She has no reliable kiting mechanism other than her E which is on a comparatively larger cooldown. Her only CC (snare) is single target, and requires to be dumb enough to actually step on it.

The only thing she has actually going for her is her range, but tristana is a much stronger pick anyway.

EdgarAllanProse

05-02-2011

Nope.

I've been shut down as Ashe when I played against Caitlyn, and that doesn't mean she's OP, I've shut out Caitlyn in the lane playing as Ashe. I own all of the physical carries (I believe, I can't be arsed to confirm that), and having played all of them, I can say that these buffs are starting to bring Caitlyn into a nice place among all of the other carries, but she is no way OP.

EDIT: Put nope at the top because I'm a conformist =(

Cythereia

05-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXecuteX View Post
I know calling champs OP is lame and all, but I've considered this long and hard. I use to even call Caitlyn UP and weak. There use to be a time where I would say "oh haha they have a caitlyn, we win."

Patch 114 she was buffed, faster attack speed, more traps.
Patch 115, she was megabuffed, her ultimate range at level 6, is almost as much as her ultimate range at level 16 before patch. This immediately changed the metagame where now caitlyns have become master tower divers.

While her ultimate can be blocked, in solo lane, you have no one to block, and you can run all you want, you will still die.

Her range was already OP just on her autoattack. basically, she can last hit and harass more effectively than most other champs because of the animation speed.

Ashe vs Caitlyn mid? What a joke, ashe will be useless throughout game and denied hard. The only people that can lane versus caitlyn, are champs with stuns, but even they will have trouble.

Basically, by the time level 9 hits, any semi-competent caitlyn player will have taken one turret and may have even gotten a kill.

She scales just as well as Ashe late game, I don't know why some people make the false claim "caitlyn not good late game," she is. She scales pretty well, and people still focus her late game because she is the game-changer that destroys your team.

Some people will not agree, but people are waking up and realizing that she is really OP and appearing more frequently in games.

EDIT: let me define OP for you guys who are thinking of downvoting... Slightly stronger than your average champ. She dominates almost any lane, she is OP. But some people just love caitlyn so I don't mind.
So i take it you saw HS streaming caitlyn games?

Jeffls

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2011

I don't think I've yet to see someone actually killed by her ult, seriously. I always see her charge it up, I see me or an ally running away with low health thinking "OH FFFUUUUU". The shot comes. It HITS.

... wait.. that was it? Oh. Guess I'll just b and heal.

Seriously, the damage is so pathetic.

Chaldyth the Axe

05-02-2011

Caitlyn is fine now.

She has awesome lane control and range and thats about it.

-

dyl

05-02-2011

Not OP. Very good now, though.

If they keep buffing her as relentlessly as they have been doing every patch, she will end up pretty OP though. They'd better cut it out.