*What IF....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

umad mah

05-02-2011

well...what i said was "what if"...=D

GETDILDOZED

05-02-2011

I think that last hit system is the lesser of two evils.

The % system has flaws, and the last hit has flaws. A hybrid would probably be very buggy and hard to pull off, but might work. You'd have to program some situational type of data system to calculate the person who is responsible for the kill.

I say leave it.

FaceOfJanu5

05-02-2011

What IF.... we realized that this is a team game, and "kill stealing" is not a problem that needs fixing.

What if you indeed did the most damage to someone, but had no way to secure the kill, you just didn't have the movement speed, or you got stunned, or you died? You just couldn't get the other guy. Then one of your allies surprises the enemy and kills him. How are you responsible for finishing them off? The enemy might have known that you alone couldn't take them out, so is it not really your ally, who is responsible for the actual kill?

It's not always easy to determine who is responsible for actually killing the enemy. It's not always the guy who does the most damage, although high damage certainly helps.

Just remember, more people participating in a kill means more total gold for your team. This is especially good when taking down enemies with killing sprees. And support champions in this game benefit a lot more from items than in HoN for example.

dankNstein

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2011

This is funny, So if your teammate gets caught 2v1 or 1v1 and he gets them to lets say 25% hp then dies, Then a TF/Noc/Karthus gets the kill from using their ult but only did 25% dmg they dont get the kill? Flawed logic is flawed.

Aeroplane Mate

05-02-2011

Would be better if you got the kill if you did the most damage within 5 seconds or so, if you didn't do any damage after 5 seconds you get an assist. This would help with kills being taken by last hitters in team fights or laning fights without stopping people that get less damage on a target that wouldn't have died if they didn't get the last hit from getting a kill they deserved.

Promiskuitiv

05-02-2011

no

dBlazey

05-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaritie View Post
No. Then I can't intentionally leave a champion almost-dead so the guy with Mejai's gets more power.

Also, sharing last hits can be quite beneficial to the overall income of the team.
This. I don't want to be the 7-0 Amumu when my Team's Ashe is 0-0-7.

nerafreccia

05-02-2011

this has been discussed before and guinsoo said that it's more fun this way for having a concept of "thrill of the hunt"

it's not a big deal anyway, if you're doing the most damage then you'll end up having most kills if the sample size is big enough. of course there will be games where you're the main dps and you get your kills stolen by the tank who's doing no damage, but in other games you will be the tank stealing the kills. it all works out.

Neptune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2011

I would love chasing down a kill in enemy jungle so it can go to someone who damaged him half an hour ago. Sounds really fun and rewarding.