*What IF....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

umad mah

05-02-2011

just an idea...
what if the "kill" is given to the champ that does the highest % dmg instead of last hit? and the rest who've done dmg in the time received the assist?

I've seen too many players just came in and last hit to get the kill....while I suffered and got an assist....=P

I dont mind getting assist, at least it was something, but sometimes it took them too dang long to kill the enemy so i received nothing...

for example, my main had an ranked last night while I played cait and my lane partner was janna...we were facing poppy and alistar...while alistar engaged and poppy pushed me back, there were nearly no chance to escape for me so i turn in and fight, so at least i hope to get an kill/assist...
instead of helping, janna stood under the tower while i fight/crazy pinging....so I die with poppy having like 30 hp....thats when janna went in but it took her long enough to kill poppy...so i had 0/1/0...with no assist...=(

so just saying...at least let me get something...but not die for nothing....=P

PS. that janna did nothing...not even shielding me.....T__T

Damiv

05-02-2011

It should go to the person who did the most damage. I will never understand why it doesn't.

Ethrealx

05-02-2011

No. This is a team game. Doesent matter who gets the kill just as long as the opponent dies.

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2011

No. Then I can't intentionally leave a champion almost-dead so the guy with Mejai's gets more power.

Also, sharing last hits can be quite beneficial to the overall income of the team.

Rahgar

05-02-2011

Then ranged AD could actually carry, instead of getting assists repeatedly to tanks and other champions.

Mo Zedong

05-02-2011

Maybe. This is the sort of thing i would like to test out. But i can't commit to it on mere theory,

Though one thing i would like to see is a change to assists. Sometimes you can stomp all over a guy in lane , get him down to 20 hp , and just because you don't hit them again for 10 seconds , you don't get an assist for their death. Assists need to be changed to what ever you did to X champion with a certain AREA of the map. As well as a small time factor when they are out of that area.

Pythonhier

05-02-2011

Cause then people will complain that they didn't get there turret dive kill just cause their ally is a better harras character then you. See what I did there? Some champs are made to be able to kill other champs when they are low and about to recall. If they don't get there kills for there turret dives/ganks. Then they will complain about that. (Assassin's are a good example, even better Katarina side laning)

Ex: Tryn gets away with 150 life, he goes beside turret and starts to recall. Katarina runs around and usesing killer instincts in combination with shunpo to turret dive. She loses the kill just cause the Karthus laning with her dealt more damage before having to run away due to turret damage.

It ruin's the point of these champions.

umad mah

05-02-2011

hmmm...I think that all replies are true...although I wish at least they change the 10 sec duration for receiving the assist longer....=P

anyone agree? =)

midiout

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2011

So when you are unable to kill somone; they kite you and live, then Karthus utis to finish what you were unable to do, you get the kill?

Seems legit.

MoarYogurt

05-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by umad mah View Post
just an idea...
what if the "kill" is given to the champ that does the highest % dmg instead of last hit? and the rest who've done dmg in the time received the assist?

I've seen too many players just came in and last hit to get the kill....while I suffered and got an assist....=P

I dont mind getting assist, at least it was something, but sometimes it took them too dang long to kill the enemy so i received nothing...

for example, my main had an ranked last night while I played cait and my lane partner was janna...we were facing poppy and alistar...while alistar engaged and poppy pushed me back, there were nearly no chance to escape for me so i turn in and fight, so at least i hope to get an kill/assist...
instead of helping, janna stood under the tower while i fight/crazy pinging....so I die with poppy having like 30 hp....thats when janna went in but it took her long enough to kill poppy...so i had 0/1/0...with no assist...=(

so just saying...at least let me get something...but not die for nothing....=P

PS. that janna did nothing...not even shielding me.....T__T
I believe this was originally a limitation of the wc3 engine in DotA. What it turned into though, was giving the last hits on champions to the carry so they can get more farm.

Early on, Shen does way the hell more damage than Ashe. Later in the game, Ashe does more damage than Shen. It isn't really possible for Shen to scale as well as Ashe in terms of damage, so it is wise to use Shen's early damage output to weaken characters enough that your Ashe can get the kill. It's an investment in your teams DPS. With a fed DPS hero, all Shen has to do late game is E on someone and watch them explode under the DPS of the fed Ashe.

That's why.