Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What Rumble Needs...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thepickuptruck

05-02-2011

At 0-50% heat, abilities shouldn't build up heat unless they're dealing damage to enemies, so u can't get to 50% heat so easily. heat gained from his Q should not be a flat amount but it should charge up over time (to a max value of heat gained eg 20) depending on whether he's damaging enemies or not for the duration of the spell (in a similar way to morde's shield 'charging up' when he's using W around minions).
At 50-100% heat abilities should cost flat 20 heat whether they hit an enemy or not.

These changes would make it more difficult to gain the bonus of being above 50% heat whilst still maintaining the skill of keeping between 50-100% heat. It would be a nerf. It's kinda weird how rumble is 'rewarded' for spamming abilities by them being made stronger, so this change would make it harder for him to be rewarded especially in teamfights.

I like the new concepts for mana that riot have been coming out with, but this one needs a tweak. I realise that in real life a harpoon-shooting machine will build up heat whether it hits something or not, but for the purposes of balancing the game we can sacrifice a small portion of realism here.

Yellow Jester

05-02-2011

I actually think this is a good idea.

Loveshockk

05-02-2011

No thanks, hes already being hailed as OP. Don't want to push it any further.

thepickuptruck

05-02-2011

Quote:
Loveshockk:
No thanks, hes already being hailed as OP. Don't want to push it any further.

this change would be a nerf. derp.

Adel Dijerek

05-02-2011

A nerf isn't a nerf when you're not actually tweaking values and just making it marginally more difficult to acquire heat.

It does send his W to the trashcan though. Which solves absolutely nothing about "lawl 7.0 times my AP lolololo".

thepickuptruck

05-02-2011

W wouldn't change cus it doesnt do damage anyway. but thanks for explaining why u downvoted, even though ur explanation is severely lacking.

Rehevkor

05-02-2011

Rumble is fine. Most people just don't know how to play him.

IivenotoneviI

05-02-2011

Down voted.

It's very easy to stay above 50 without overheating.

thepickuptruck

05-02-2011

so far nobody has explained why my proposed changes from 0-50% heat are bad, yet they must be...