Brand needs to scale better.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hashinshin

05-02-2011

I have 85 games in ranked. 1700-1850 depending on how much my team hates me that day.

One thing that I can tell you that increasingly frustrates me is that MR/level runes and mercury treads make you unburstable by brand late game. That is ALL IT TAKES. Not even bonus health, just a little bit of MR and tada, brand can no longer burst you down.

Why is this an issue ? Because unlike other casters who can gib people with no real defensive items all game brand falls short at the token MR/level runes and mercury treads. He can't even get past that. Once people get a banshee's veil brand's damage becomes more a nuisance than a real thing.

This makes brand entirely incapable of carrying a game, even with multiple kills. He can hurt you, he can hurt you a LOT... but he can not blow you up like another AP nuker can. A malz can BURN somebody within his ult timer. A karthus can obliterate people even with a BV. Brand ? All you need to do is get mercury treads and his burst gets neutered. Against super tanky targets his damage is silly. It takes me well in to 40 seconds to kill singed, for example.

I don't ask for much. All I ask for is a 0.05 higher ratio on all his skills (so they are 0.7, 0.65, 0.6 Q/W/E) and a .10 higher ratio on his ult (to 0.6) I feel this would give him the needed late game scaling to keep himself in the game.

Discuss:

BRAND IS SO OP EARLY GAME HE NEEDS NERFS NOT BUFFS !

Daganth

05-02-2011

I'd say I disagree the ratio change will just make him ******ed. If they have a banshees and you happened to have any hero with really spamable abilities on your team that is suddenly not an issue. Maybe this would be warranted; MAYBE but you seem to think brand should be able to just nuke down anyone regardless of items/build.

I thought the whole point to him was a lack of CC ultra nuke mage; seems to make sense that if your team has no CC and they are building around not taking damage from you that you probably shouldn't be very effective.

hashinshin

05-02-2011

Nono.

I'm saying merely with standard set up MR/level runes and mercury treads you can not 100-0 someone. An ashe standing there in the open merely with MR/level runes and mercury treads WILL NOT DIE to your entire combo. You ahve to wait the 7 seconds for your E to come off so you can hit her again.

Other AP champions if fed would 100-0 her without thinking.

This isn't really a big "deal" per say, but it shows how bad he scales into the late game.

Braaaaaains

05-02-2011

Well that is just the tradeoff you have to make when you compare an aoe focused mage to a single target focused mage. Annie cant burst anyone with 1 spell-combo either in late game. Malzahar still can because he is supposed to be really good for 1v1 situations.

I play Brand a lot, too lately and if you get some early kills it really pays off to go for max flat magic penetration via sorcerer boots, haunting guise and abyssal scpter... you will do true damage to everyone below 70 magic resist which will DESTROY the enemies if you can force an early 5v5 teamfight.

As with all mages... you just need to press your advantage when you got it or you should rather play some ad carry that will scale the best into lategame...

3v3ryone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2011

I would just change his passive a little: from 2% to 1% between lvl1-8 / 2% between lvl9-17 and 3% at lvl18.

apyisucks

05-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
I have 85 games in ranked. 1700-1850 depending on how much my team hates me that day.

One thing that I can tell you that increasingly frustrates me is that MR/level runes and mercury treads make you unburstable by brand late game. That is ALL IT TAKES. Not even bonus health, just a little bit of MR and tada, brand can no longer burst you down.

Why is this an issue ? Because unlike other casters who can gib people with no real defensive items all game brand falls short at the token MR/level runes and mercury treads. He can't even get past that. Once people get a banshee's veil brand's damage becomes more a nuisance than a real thing.

This makes brand entirely incapable of carrying a game, even with multiple kills. He can hurt you, he can hurt you a LOT... but he can not blow you up like another AP nuker can. A malz can BURN somebody within his ult timer. A karthus can obliterate people even with a BV. Brand ? All you need to do is get mercury treads and his burst gets neutered. Against super tanky targets his damage is silly. It takes me well in to 40 seconds to kill singed, for example.

I don't ask for much. All I ask for is a 0.05 higher ratio on all his skills (so they are 0.7, 0.65, 0.6 Q/W/E) and a .10 higher ratio on his ult (to 0.6) I feel this would give him the needed late game scaling to keep himself in the game.

Discuss:

BRAND IS SO OP EARLY GAME HE NEEDS NERFS NOT BUFFS !
I don't see anything wrong with champions being dominate at different times of the game. I feel this leads to interesting counterplay and team composition. I mean even when pantheon was really strong he was still and early game champ that tailed of HARD late game.

Also when I play Brand I use his early game to deny the other teams carry farm while my carry should be farming up nicely. once my damage starts to drop of I focus on getting a little tankier and trying to make sure that I am hitting my stuns on the opposing teams carry or major CC'er.

JohnPetrucci

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2011

He's pretty strong as is. Rather squishy too, to balance it out.

also, when I play Brand, I get all of the magic pen I can get my hands on, so it's HP and not MR that stops me.

KING GOOGLEY

05-02-2011

2 second stun on 3 second cooldown?

inb4 skill shot

Sancerre

05-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3v3ryone View Post
I would just change his passive a little: from 2% to 1% between lvl1-8 / 2% between lvl9-17 and 3% at lvl18.
this.

also small buffing of his ratios would help a lot (especially his ult).

also his ult should scale in # of bounces... its powerful at low levels when there are more 3v3 or *maybe* 4v4 fights, but in a straight 5v5 fight, you're lucky if it does significant damage to a single person after bouncing around. its like it was designed to stop a 2 man bruiser dive on him... which would be nice if he didnt die instantly to that in the first place (can only stun 1 of them and the stun doesnt happen instantly)

ReaperPureneru

05-02-2011

if they buff his ratios they will nerf his base damage significantly. is this what your asking for?