Leavers, AFKers and Malicious feeders Suggestions

12345678 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xetelian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2010

If you are included in the sucking that your team does then I guess you will be sucking too. If you are pro but your team is sucking, that sounds like a match making problem and not a leaver/afk/feeder problem so not a part of this discussion.

If you think that you should leave when you're sucking why bother solo queuing?

If you have to rush your wife to the hospital and leave a game, take the punishment as even if they implement ALL the ideas you'd still only be leaving one game and the penalties are meant for chronic leavers so they obviously wouldn't be a big deal. The bar has to be set somewhere and at the moment its set way way to low or doesn't exist at all.

There is NO good reason for someone to have 70 leaves. I have 700 games and 8 leaves. 8 separate times between January and April my computer crashed and wouldn't restart without a cooldown period of two or more hours. I've sent it in to Asus for repair 3 times now as a matter of fact.

Currently on a few year old laptop that barely runs the game and with Wifi that disconnects often enough to frustrate, yet I still only have 8 leaves.

I don't Que unless I can spare 40-50 minutes and since my life isn't some crazy adventure with drop everything and leave situations all the time I don't need to leave.

How can someone justify leaving 70 games?
Why bother trying to play LoL if you are likely to have reasons to leave 70 times?

Thats 70 games x 4 people who had to play without a 5th. So essentially you owe 280 apologies and thats why I believe we need to discourage people from leaving without good cause.

Sadly I have seen players with many more leaver marks too.

Junkey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2010

Frankly, there is no valid possibility to fix the leaver problem, there was and always will be leavers, intentional or not. Furthermore, there is no way to properly fix the leaving problem, every possible way has some flaws. Therefore, the most acceptable way to remove this problem, is to redo the match-making system.The current system has some major problems that need to be solved. Or, as it is widely accepted in DOTA, the pre-made game of LOL, that if there is a leaver, on the opposing team a volunteer might also leave to make it equal, 4v4. They could add something like a Honourable Discharge, that would compensate the volunteer some XP and IP for the game. But frankly, I doubt that any of the Riot staff will even look at these complaints...

Xetelian

06-07-2010

Oh wow, I like the honorable discharge idea.

My suggestions so far are only to discourage leaving and encourage staying.

The only way to fix leavers would be to hotglue them to their chair and make sure their connection works 100%

However, the biggest issue that I'm working to combat is the "I didn't get first blood so I'm gone" kinda things and the ease of leaving.

Its way to common to see 100 leaves on people, thats a real sick thing. Thats 400 people screwed into a 4v5

TopSun

06-10-2010

Make harsher penalties for leavers/afkers. The problem of players leaving or going afking and rejoining at the end just to avoid a leave needs to be addressed. I really liked the longer ban times and reallocating of IP points from the leaver to abandoned teammates idea.

The team with the leave shouldn't get a loss if they vote to surrender before a certain time after the leaver leaves. If the game has a leaver, the team should have within 5 minutes to decide if they want to surrender the game without a loss or to continue playing.

Singularity42

06-10-2010

i don't know what the answer is... but i can't remember the last game that at least one of the teams had a leaver. the wins seem to be more dependent on which team didn't have the leaver than the team with more skill.

occasionally there are leavers due to ragequit. however i think most of them (at least at my level) are getting disconnected after lagging (i don't know if this is due to bugs in the game or just dodgy internet connections)

I think we need to somehow make it so when someone leaves that the game is still fair and not immediately unfair. i guess we could do that with buffs for everyone else or something.

Xetelian

06-11-2010

+ 1

Thank you for visiting this thread.

People need to remember that an account with 200 leaves is a person who is not having 'connection' problems and even if they are, 200+ games is a LOT of people, around 800 players were affected by their leaving which is a lot of apologies.

sephtin

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkingbox View Post
What about if your team just suck/doesn't speak English etc. and you just waste your time in the game? Or if you encountered a problem that takes an hour or so to fix(I've had that problem)?
What about it?
If you queue alone, then you never know what you get. If you aren't going to play, or at least try to play, DON'T QUEUE. PLEASE.

If they suck, try to help them. Give advice. No one likes being told what to do, but if you are even the slightest bit tactful about it, you might be surprised to find people will listen, and maybe even improve...

And regarding the post on page one, saying that just because of a bad internet connection, should someone be penalized? YES. OMFG, if you can't stay connected to an internet/network game, DON'T PLAY until you fix your connection!
You hate the thought of YOUR fun being ruined, but completely forget about the other 4 people on your team that are completely screwed because of your DC.

I think I played 10 games in a row a couple days ago, where EVERY GAME had leavers. One game was 3v4. :S

And regarding "There is no right answer" on how to fix the leaver problem.. I disagree. I think there are many right answers.... anything that even attempts to correct the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Keep up the good work Riot.

LairyRover

06-11-2010

Quote:
Take their IP / XP and distribute it amongst the poor sods who now suffer a great chance of a loss. This is how gunbound does it with their matches. You leave, you give up 100 gold to each person you left behind to rot. Make it like 20 ip to each or 25 ip ot each or 10 or 15.
this

Xetelian

06-11-2010

RIOT please please chime in on these ideas and help us vet out the ideas!

These could all be terrible but it would be nice to know that the situation is being looked at and anything resembling an ETA on implementation of any kind of solution, temporary or otherwise would be wonderful for the community.

Rage quiters are terrible I just won a game an hour or so ago where it was obvious we were going to win because after dieing 3 times their Pantheon disappeared.

20 minutes into the game just before they had a chance to surrender, he pops back on. He flamed out, said "My team ****ing SUCKS" then left.

Why did you implement Que dodge penalties before leaver penalties? Que dodging is something people who see bad teams before they play exit for. The rest didn't get the champion they wanted. Some leave so they can join a party of friends that just came on after the Que popped up.

Please please please

1. Distribute IP amongst the Leaver's teammates.
Take this from the Leaver or just give 50 IP to each person who stayed in a 4v5 match. This is a system that is in effect in the worms styled shooter game Gunbound. Each Leave costs 300 gold and the remaining 3(v4) get 100 gold each. You can only leave once and this effects disconnects too. It can be set up to be a nuisance to prevent rage quitting.

2. Allow earlier surrenders. Soon as someone leaves a game, options to surrender should be available. This game is really dependent on each member of the team, with exceptions surely. Some teams come back, I have a screen shot of me carrying a 3v5 game as Singed and can produce it any time you want. However half of a hour of my life is being wasted when a guy gets firstblood and 4+ before 5 minutes is up. Thats 300 gold per kill so 1200 + first blood = a BF sword at 5 minutes or Big Rod.

3. Do a global leave reset and institute a DEBT system.

3a) Each point of IP you earn is reduced by how many leaves you have. You repay this debt by feeding it with IP until you've earned past the debt.

Leave a game? instead of Earning 100 IP for your next win or 40 IP for you next loss you get 99 or 39.
You leave 100 games? That's 100 less IP you earned over the course of playing.

3b) Playing consecutive games without leaving could earn you out of the debt. Each consecutive game you play earns you one point forgiveness for leaving. You leave a game you need to stay for 2 to make up the point.

3c) Each leaver mark stays and is calculated against your IP earnings. You have 20 leaves but win a game and rewarded with 80 IP instead of 100. IP - Leaves = Reward. I've played 700 games and left 8 because of real issues that were technical problems that my computer is still in the repair shop for or I'd have NONE! I justify this with the fact that people won't quit nearly as much or as often as 100+ Leaver marks that propagate the majority of accounts. 100 leaves is 400 living humans that had to play out a match without you.

Sell leaver mark resets in the cash shop.

4. Allow votes for remaking. HoN has this, you vote to remake with all 10 players voting. When someone doesn't connect within the first 3 minutes or 5 minutes I've had teams remade via this vote so I know it works personally. It isn't great and it would be better if the other team didn't want to take advantage of the 4v5.
4a) Alllow withdraws before 25minutes if there is a leaver. Withdraw = NO IP and both teams vote to withdraw.
4b) Allow Withdrawals but award ip to the team that DIDN'T Initiate it. The 4v5 initiates and if the majority of the other team accepts as well as the 4 on one team, give IP to the 5 and none to the other team to help prevent abuse but encourage fair play.

This option, as it is with HoN, expires after 10 minutes so it must be done early and then surrender is available at 25.

5. Vote to kick. HoN has this feature, its useful when someone is doing their worst to feed the other team out of spite. 9 people vote both teams vote to kick problem player. I've seen it work personally and have had to kick players out in HoN games because they spammed the in game voice chat and ran to their deaths for the fun of it.
5a) Have only the 4 others on one team vote to kick and this vote also surrenders or replaces the player. This would be a lot better with a restart or remake or withdraw from game feature to help end games with problem players.

6. Change the way Queuing works so that we can blind pick but leave without disrupting if the selections are terrible. Having a front end champion selection prior would help. People pick then vote to go into the next stage which is the real Match Making que.

Que one presents you with a chance to vote no and leave the pre-Match Making part. Just champion selection separated from the entirety of the match making would be so very helpful.

7. Encourage people to earn points for consecutive games. I've played 400+ consecutive games, I'd like to be able to show that off, and those of us that are not leaving should earn more IP than we currently do.

7a) Achievement landmarks for consecutive games of bonus IP
300 Consecutive Games (CGs) = bonus 100 ip
600 CGs = bonus 200 IP
1200 CGs = 400 IP

Ect. Encourage people NOT to leave with achievements and recognition.

Champion achievements would be a nice system addition too. Same idea just if you do 500 games on Singed you should get a bonus 50 IP or forum title or something to excite your community.

8. HoN has a Leaver system that allows you to LOCK your games, barring anyone with too high a Games vs Leaves Ratio from entering. You leaves can block you from joining games, simple as that. Carry that over into this by having your Leaves count in Match Making so Leavers are priority with other Leavers.

9. Leaver Points accumulate Que bans. Since the ridiculousness of how many leaves people have I can't argue and harder for this point than to say the guy with 200 leaves left 4 players each time. 200 x 4 is 800 PEOPLE 800 of your players, your PAYING and free CUSTOMERS. 800 of them sufferend and were frustrated by this one fool who I won't name but ther are many many many people.

Que Bans could work like this.

You leave a game you Earn Time Spent waiting much like when you dodge a que. 60 Leaves is 1 minute before you can join Match Making and you can Cash Shop sell account resets like HoN does. 200 leaves is 200 seconds EVERY time you try to que. There is no excuse for 200 leaves so I don't mind punishing people for it, neither should you.

10. Account bans at 300 or 500 Leaves. Just lock accounts out completely. Let the community know you won't tolerate people leaving that many games. If any account reaches 300 leaves affecting 900 players and 300 games they just can't log in any more until they get an account reset or make a new one. I'd set it it at 100 myself and having to make a new account and unlock champions that many times would discourage a LOT of leaving.

Remember I had my computer crash and freeze due to some GPU and PSU related meltdown thanks I assume to Nvidia drivers back in March. I have only 8 leaves. 700+ games 359 Wins and 363 Losses. There is no reasonable explaination for having 100 let alone 200 Leaver marks. Even if you often have to leave for work or to take out the trash, you'd learn to not Que into 25 minute game at minimum before work or you'll take the trash out first.

Please RIOT please help us.

8 Games is all I have left and NOT ANY were rage. ALL were computer related and my computer has been sent to Asus in CA for repair 3 times now. You understand that? Even worst case scenario for the most innocent amongst us...those with bad connections and software issues with Adobe Air and this game in general, should NOT have 200 leaves, NOT AT ALL.

STOP THE LEAVING!

I'm spent, thats the whole mother load again. Please riot respond.

Archomni

06-11-2010

I would love to see them get banned

12345678 ... 14