Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is AP Poppy better or worse?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bumper Jumper

03-07-2010

I've been playing poppy with the usual build of trinity force and other random tank/damage items. But I am curious as to whether Poppy is less or more effective with an AP build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wildfire393

03-07-2010

I don't believe that Poppy is very good as AP. Her devastating blow has a .6 ratio, making damage and AP roughly equal in damage increase on it (maybe with a slight favor towards AP), but that will only be active some of the time and Poppy needs to be melee range at all times to do anything.

Her Paragon raises Physical attack, so it synergizes well with Physical builds and not at all with magical.

And charge's main effect is closing the distance/knockback/stun, the AP ratio on it isn't amazing (.4 or .8 with the stun).

She has only two skills that use AP and both have <1:1 ratio. The only two-ratio champs that can easily go AP are 1:1 or better (Zilean, Sion, etc)