how do you counter the OP akali.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hydrogencar

05-04-2011

Oracles, MR.

Mestaaja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2011

Don't 1v1 an assassin. And no, she does not kill you in 3 spell casts if you have 2 FoN (which in itself is just stupid) and a Banshee's Veil and exhaust her. Akali is in no shape or form OP.

Epithumia

05-04-2011

I main Akali and honestly I'm terrified whenever I have to fight against her as another hero. Heck, I'm surprised as hell that she's not considered OP and has had very, very little nerfs ever since she was released.

She pretty much rapes every heroes 1v1 unless they're very strong tanks. Some people seem to think she's squishy, however I've dived straight into the enemy line 1v5 before, surviving due to Twilight Shroud, often causing some confusion while my team jumps in, and usually finishing off a squishy or two then lifestealing back my health.

Whenever I'm fighting against her I always avoid fighting her 1v1 till I get stronger. I tell most of my teammates to never fight her alone because they virtually stand no chance alone against her either. Always bring a ward along with you so you can place it down should she go invisible when she's at low HP.

SuperChoob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epithumia View Post
I main Akali and honestly I'm terrified whenever I have to fight against her as another hero. Heck, I'm surprised as hell that she's not considered OP and has had very, very little nerfs ever since she was released.

She pretty much rapes every heroes 1v1 unless they're very strong tanks. Some people seem to think she's squishy, however I've dived straight into the enemy line 1v5 before, surviving due to Twilight Shroud, often causing some confusion while my team jumps in, and usually finishing off a squishy or two then lifestealing back my health.

Whenever I'm fighting against her I always avoid fighting her 1v1 till I get stronger. I tell most of my teammates to never fight her alone because they virtually stand no chance alone against her either. Always bring a ward along with you so you can place it down should she go invisible when she's at low HP.
Akali is easily countered by team cooperation, CC, and vision wards/oracles. It's immensely frustrating to play Akali against a team that constantly has vision/oracles, as you simply cannot dive in to fights and expect everyone to forget about you while you're in your shroud. In lane, she's countered by intelligent play and awareness of her damage. She snowballs like a monster, so if your teammates feed her, it can be extremely difficult to stop her.