Would you like Riot to make this champion available in LoL?

Yes. 3 25.00%
No. 3 25.00%
Maybe, with some fixes. 6 50.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

[Champion Suggestion] Brahms, the Brigadier General

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rodger Ironside

05-01-2011

Brahms, the Brigadier General

Like with all of my champion suggestions, all comments, suggestions, and input or feedback of any kind is more than welcome.

Currently, this champion has no definate numbers for any of his abilities, so if you have suggestions for those, feel free to post them.

Quote:
History (unpolished lore): He was one of the greatest generals for (insert nation's name here), but because of his nation's downturn in ranking among the league of legends, it was decided that he would be offered up as that nations next champion, despite the importance of his role as a general. However, in return for this service, Brahms was given the option of either returning to his position as a brigadier general among that nation's army at increased pay after the need for the league of legends has ended, or he could retire from his position after his service and live out the rest of his life as an exceedingly wealthy individual.
Quote:
Passive - Flanking: Brahms and all allied champions gain a small armor penetration bonus against enemy champions that have recently been attacked by an allied champion other than themselves.
---Notes: This ability is a global effect.
Quote:
Q - Coordinated Assault: Target enemy champion taunts all nearby allied minions into attacking it. Allied champions are unaffected by the taunt. Additionally, the taunting enemy champion receives a short debuff that increases incoming damage from Brahms and Brahms' allied champions and minions by a low percentage.
Mana Cost: Moderate
Cooldown: High
Quote:
W - Hold the Line: Brahms and all nearby allied champions gain a moderate armor bonus, plus an additional low armor bonus for each nearby allied champion.
Mana Cost: High
Cooldown: Moderate
Quote:
E - Ambush: Brahms becomes stealthed for a short time; if Brahms attacks an enemy minion or champion while stealthed, the stealth ends immediately and Brahms and all allied champions and minions nearby Brahms at the time of the attack gain a buff that grants a moderate bonus to attack damage and critical strike chance for a short time. Can only be activated if there are no enemy champions nearby Brahms.
Mana Cost: Low
Cooldown: High
Quote:
R - Outmaneuver: Brahms and all allied champions gain a high movement speed bonus for a short time. Additionally, all enemy champions receive a moderate slow debuff for a short time.
---This ability is a global effect.
Mana Cost: Moderate (for an ultimate)
Cooldown: Medium-Low (for an ultimate)

BronyPwny

05-01-2011

Very interesting, a very good team player. I'm already noticing that none of his abilities actually do any damage, but are mostly all support, which is very interesting.

I'm having a bit of a problem with his Q ability, though interesting in concept, the execution could be a bit harder. First off, how close is close? Are we talking melee close, or mage minion close? Also, there is a lot of Friendly griefing potential with it (which isn't a good potential), If you do that ability close to a turret, then your teammate champion will be taunted into attack the enemy champion, if that's the case then the turret will attack your teammate. Also, since it IS a taunt, that means, for the duration, no other abilities can be used, this totally messes up every ally in a team fight and you're forcing everyone to target AND Auto-attack one target, with some champions, this is the end for them, especially since it doesn't actually DO anything to them.

His W Ability is alright, nothing to interesting, and nothing terribly new.

I'm a also a little concerned about his E Ability, which seems VERY situational. you're not going to be able to pull it off in a team fight, it's not good for a typical gank, it's really only good in a jungle fight or to set up some of your assassins. Maybe good for that one, maybe two kills, but otherwise fairly useless.

Finally, his R ability isn't remarkable either. It being a global effect is cool, and separates it from Sivir's ult, but again, only useful every now and then. With things like ghost, a rage-blade, exhaust, other champions getting a non-ult movement buff skill that does something extra, and the like, it seems rather lackluster.

I like the concept, there are a lot of champions that are team players, but none that are TRULY there for the team. Unfortunately there are a lot of holes in his abilities, and in a one-on-one fight, he's completely useless... He seems more of a tactician then a general anyway.

Sorry to poke so many holes in idea and not provide any helpful information, I just thought I'd throw the flaws into the light.

spotthedot

05-01-2011

I agree with Brony, solid concept, but abilities need some tweaking.

I like your innate, i think its clever.

I would personally would hate being taunted into attacking an nme, in all circumstances... Maybe if you taunt only minions and give them a dmg boost or something....

That's really all I have to say, I love the idea of each of his abilities (the name selection was awesome!) Now if the abilities only reflected the awesomeness of the names, keep working at this one, a minion buffer would be an interesting addition.

BronyPwny

05-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotthedot View Post
I agree with Brony, solid concept, but abilities need some tweaking.

I like your innate, i think its clever.

I would personally would hate being taunted into attacking an nme, in all circumstances... Maybe if you taunt only minions and give them a dmg boost or something....

That's really all I have to say, I love the idea of each of his abilities (the name selection was awesome!) Now if the abilities only reflected the awesomeness of the names, keep working at this one, a minion buffer would be an interesting addition.
Ah, forgot to mention that... Yea, I think taunting only minions (And maybe towers!) to attack the enemy would be alright... As a matter of fact, change his E ability in concept but not name! do something like.

---------------------------------
Ambush! Passive, while in the brush, increase damage or crit chance. Active, Spawn a set amount of minions (2/5/7/10/15... maybe more) that do an increased amount of damage. can only be used in the brush.
---------------------------------

You still get the ambush idea, and it also spawns more miniony type things! maybe even make them controlable with pressing the alt button (Like Mo'kaiser's ult)... And then make his abilities have higher benefits for minions then Champions. It would make him unique and also make him a support/pusher character, which is a VERY interesting idea.

Rodger Ironside

05-01-2011

Great input so far!

I'll change Coordinated assault to only taunt minions and also give that enemy a debuff that increases damage taken by champions.

Also, I was meaning for Ambush to be useful for two things: emerge from the bushes and harass during laning phase; and ganking. The problem was that I just wasn't clear about what the ability did, which is closer to this: activate only while in brush; you and nearby allies in brush get a buff; buff lasts a short time, but is not cancelled if you or your allies leave the brush. I will reword Ambush so this is more clear. If you already knew this was how it was supposed to work and you still didn't think it was adequate, let me know and I'll see how I can rework it.

I will change Outmaneuver to also include a global slow debuff on all enemy champions for its duration.

BronyPwny

05-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Ironside View Post
Great input so far!

I'll change Coordinated assault to only taunt minions and also give that enemy a debuff that increases damage taken by champions.

Also, I was meaning for Ambush to be useful for two things: emerge from the bushes and harass during laning phase; and ganking. The problem was that I just wasn't clear about what the ability did, which is closer to this: activate only while in brush; you and nearby allies in brush get a buff; buff lasts a short time, but is not cancelled if you or your allies leave the brush. I will reword Ambush so this is more clear. If you already knew this was how it was supposed to work and you still didn't think it was adequate, let me know and I'll see how I can rework it.

I will change Outmaneuver to also include a global slow debuff on all enemy champions for its duration.
Yea, I figured that's how ambush worked, and again, it's really only good for two situations... Both of which aren't that great. First, you need 2/5ths of your team to make it worth while (sure, you can use it on yourself, but the benefit is much higher with two people), and both of you have to be in the same brush in order for it to be useful. In a team fight, it doesn't help at all because by the time you hit brush, you're trying to run, so you're already dead or the fight's already over.

All in all, the champ needs a LOT of coordination, maybe even more then a normal team can pull off. If you were to make a lot of his abilities effect minions better then champs, then it would be interesting.

I like the rework for the taunt though, that works, but make it just a general damage debuff so that minions do more damage to the target also.

Rodger Ironside

05-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronyPwny View Post
Yea, I figured that's how ambush worked, and again, it's really only good for two situations... Both of which aren't that great. First, you need 2/5ths of your team to make it worth while (sure, you can use it on yourself, but the benefit is much higher with two people), and both of you have to be in the same brush in order for it to be useful. In a team fight, it doesn't help at all because by the time you hit brush, you're trying to run, so you're already dead or the fight's already over.

All in all, the champ needs a LOT of coordination, maybe even more then a normal team can pull off. If you were to make a lot of his abilities effect minions better then champs, then it would be interesting.

I like the rework for the taunt though, that works, but make it just a general damage debuff so that minions do more damage to the target also.
Okay, I'll come up with something else for Ambush.

Your suggestion for taunt is reasonable, so I'll make that change as well. The only reason I didn't already make that change is because I was hoping that I wouldn't have to touch the mana cost and cooldown aspect of the abilities, but i think I'll have to fix them up a bit anyway.

Anagram

05-02-2011

Interesting champion, definitely a team player but that's his pro and con. His effectiveness is highly dependent on his allies.

Otherwise, I suppose he's fine.

In reality, this is a champion that provides 3 buffs to nearby allies, not including the % damage of Q or his innate passive.

On the topic of Q, I find giving a small % damage bonus to be silly. If anything, I feel it'd be slightly nicer to merely give a flat damage bonus 8/12/16/20/24, half for minions or simply reduce the targets armor and magic resistance a flat amount or the greater between flat amount and a percentage.

I'd also have to agree that R is rather ineffective without your team around and in general, since this champion is just buffs to himself and allies... The only thing propping this champion up is the idea of seeing it in game doing something. The guy himself isn't something too special.

Still interesting.

QcTomH

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2011

i would totally buy a champ like that, i can't get satisfied with the support we have actually

Rodger Ironside

05-02-2011

I agree with most of the posts relating to this champions inability to handle situations without minions and allied champs to back him up, but I don't honestly see that being a problem if you just build him tanky like most Soraka's and Taric's do. I mean, both of those champions have two abilities that have the potential to deal damage, and Brahms has two abilities so far that also increase his damage output (albeit in a different manner).

Additionally, I finally thought of a way to fix Ambush so it doesn't rely on the brush. HOPEFULLY I managed to design its new mechanic in a manner that sufficiently avoids abusability, but if you see a flaw in it, let me know and I'll try to fix it again.

To BronyPwny: Although your minions ideas would be great for this champion, theres no way that Riot would make a champion that has so many minions, since they seem to have an inherent aversion to champion minions anyway. Maybe something like that could be used if the minion count was reduced to about the same as heimer's turrets, but I wouldn't be sure as to how to work such an ability, which is why I'm sticking with abilities that only affect preexisting minions.