Warwick: King of the jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mrdudefool

03-06-2010

link: http://www.leaguecraft.com/strategie...20the%20jungle

Please comment and rate.

SmecssRaege

03-06-2010

higher elos jungling is difficult because people will just ward the jungle mobs and you will be in huge danger of getting 2v1 or 3v1 jumped often in the jungle

just saying from experience =P

mrdudefool

03-06-2010

Oh yes i know. I, i can say, am in high elo as ive played against players such as messiah more than once. Warwick is not meant for high elo play, that cannot be evaded, unless riot decides to buff him.

Jonny Monroe

03-06-2010

buy an oracles, clear out enemy wards. They'll see you but you'll have time to move away. Eventually they'll realise the cost of replacing wards is starting to bite into their wallet. Only jungle if there was no ward watching you, and never start a long fight in the jungle if theres MIA.

littleevil

03-06-2010

u do not need smite as warwick at all to jungle
u get hunters call 1st
than u go to spawn above or under the golem
if u get 2 golems ur lucky - just kill them both - this will put u on almost lvl 2
if u get wolves u need 1 more minion from somewhere - can be the ll mobs can be 1 second stay in bushes in your mid lane
u need almost lvl 2 to engage golem
u kill his 2 small trashes 1st
killing 1st one will make u lvl 2 - take hungering strike and use it on golem - while killing the other trash
when u kill the small ones just kill golem , no smite needed
if u took flash + exost u might want to visit a lane right away and help a gank and if not just go lvl 3 get 1 in blood scent - kill lizard and gank than - flash exost lizard debuff + 2 teammates usualy works great

Maeldoun

03-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdudefool View Post

You do realize that the Ult was supposedly changed to 5 strikes, correct? You might want to revise your guide to reflect the release notes. Also, the link to your masteries is broken.

On a personal note, I love jungeling. I favored it in Dota and now in LoL. A huge problem that you are gonna see with this build is a lack of survivability end game.

You have no hp and you will get stunned, snared, punted, etc as soon as you jump into a fray. You will also be standing still for 1.7 seconds as you are melting your poor victims hp away. Warwick has decent hp gain, and he does have life regen inherit; however, these will not save you from a caster who is waiting for your jump.

Not sure what the point of the Malady is either. You should be almost at 2.5 attack speed with your buff up without the Malady and the damage it offers isn't worth the cost. Since the lifesteal is based on physical damage, you are wasting the life steal aspect of the Malady if you are trying to optimize Warwick's Ult.

Having any items with a BF sword in them means you are not building to suit Warwick's ultimate. Who would spend 1800+ just to have 50 damage get turned into 16.5 damage.

I have mentioned costs twice now. I have played many games with Warwick and if I can get 10k gold before the game ends I am happy; although, on occasion I have had items that would suggest I was not playing against skilled summoners. You are recommending nearly 16k.

You could stack 3 Sunfire Capes after your first 3 items and you would be able to do 120 magic damage in the time of your ult and not be dead at the end of it and still spend about the same. (being slightly facetious) So assuming a 2400 hp champ, 600 (Mads) + 120 (Sun) + 210 (Wits) + 450 (from damage underestimating 90 damage a hit) = 1380.

Sunfire Warwick's effective hp is 8837 health/1380 damage/15.5k gold.
BF sword Warwick's effective hp is 3989 health/1513 damage/16k gold.

Plus since Warwick is not dead from being twice as beefy he can use his passive to chase down those pesky champs that survived the fight and Sunfire will burn the whole time. (again, slightly facetious for dramatic math craft effect)

Wazzabi is probably the best Warwick out there. If anyone would like a better guide try his.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=56450

Warwick is the king of the jungle, but your guide is lacking a great deal of insight imho.

Edit: forgot to capitalize Malady
Edit 2: Added some math craft of my own

Moredot

03-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by maeldoun View Post
you do realize that the ult was supposedly changed to 5 strikes, correct? You might want to revise your guide to reflect the release notes. Also, the link to your masteries is broken.

On a personal note, i love jungeling. I favored it in dota and now in lol. A huge problem that you are gonna see with this build is a lack of survivability end game.

You have no hp and you will get stunned, snared, punted, etc as soon as you jump into a fray. You will also be standing still for 1.7 seconds as you are melting your poor victims hp away. Warwick has decent hp gain, and he does have life regen inherit; however, these will not save you from a caster who is waiting for your jump.

Not sure what the point of the malady is either. You should be almost at 2.5 attack speed with your buff up without the malady and the damage it offers isn't worth the cost. Since the lifesteal is based on physical damage, you are wasting the life steal aspect of the malady if you are trying to optimize warwick's ult.

Having any items with a bf sword in them means you are not building to suit warwick's ultimate. Who would spend 1800+ just to have 50 damage get turned into 16.5 damage.

I have mentioned costs twice now. I have played many games with warwick and if i can get 10k gold before the game ends i am happy; although, on occasion i have had items that would suggest i was not playing against skilled summoners. You are recommending nearly 16k.

You could stack 3 sunfire capes after your first 3 items and you would be able to do 120 magic damage in the time of your ult and not be dead at the end of it and still spend about the same. (being slightly facetious) so assuming a 2400 hp champ, 600 (mads) + 120 (sun) + 210 (wits) + 450 (from damage underestimating 90 damage a hit) = 1380.

Sunfire warwick's effective hp is 8837 health/1380 damage/15.5k gold.
Bf sword warwick's effective hp is 3989 health/1513 damage/16k gold.

Plus since warwick is not dead from being twice as beefy he can use his passive to chase down those pesky champs that survived the fight and sunfire will burn the whole time. (again, slightly facetious for dramatic math craft effect)

wazzabi is probably the best warwick out there. If anyone would like a better guide try his.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=56450

warwick is the king of the jungle, but your guide is lacking a great deal of insight imho.

Edit: Forgot to capitalize malady
edit 2: Added some math craft of my own
this right here