Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

All Tank Squad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xlaze

03-06-2010

So, I was solo queueing and paired with an okay team.
We were

Nidalee(me), Shaco, Nunu, Ashe, and Singed.

We faced

Singed, Rammus, Blitz, Malphite, and Amumu.

They all had ghost and revive. They got first blood, they ganked two people at top with all 5. Then split up and laned. They all proceeded to build swift boots and guardian angel and stack sunfires. This was a nasty game, any tips on how to face them?

We tried to push lanes while all 5 of them pushed a lane. We had trouble defending though and lost towers pretty fast. We did manage to kill a few of them but died eventually due to them having 3 lives( angel, revive, and then one). It was a nasty game :S. I tried to build armor penetration, but wasn't too successful.

Xocolatl

Recruiter

03-06-2010

1. Mardred's Bloodrazor.
2. MR. Tank teams generally focus on spamming Ults. Survive that, and they can't do anything else for a minute. They might be able to revive a few times, but they still can't do anything to you while you're alive.
3. Bait them fast. If you have someone with good range, have the person engage them and kite them as soon as they come out of the base.
4. Backdoor 'em to hell and back again. Tanks sucks at preventing backdooring. They are tough, but they lack damage. If they split up, then they don't have enough power to kill you. If they stick together, they can't be everywhere at the same time.
5. Lots of attack speed and life drain (Wit's End + Malady/Black Cleaver recommended). Tanks can't deal with fast hitters that keep recovering their HP, especially if they're out of mana.

If they have Vent and you don't.. well... that's tough.

I just finished a game with AoE ult bomb team (on my side) too. It was horribly annoying. The enemy Jax and Warwick often let someone else force the ult bomb, then they can just go in for easy kills afterward.

Voidgolem

03-06-2010

AoE ult bomb team is more of a threat than all-tank.

However, all-tank, when farmed, is probably going to be able to knock over your base with little effort - The main problem when your team is basically 100% physical DPS is it makes tanks hilariously overpowered >.>

TaigaStance

Recruiter

03-06-2010

Well... clearly they had it all planned out. Sounds like a fun lineup to try though.
I saw a screenshot before with some tank lineup, each with revive and teleport. They didn't do so well. You probably just got caught in a bad game...

If they managed to get first blood from 5-man early lane, then someone probably decided to "check the bushes" or got pulled by Blitzcrank. Unfortunately, since you solo queue'd, there really isn't much you can do to avoid having allies who take safety for granted.

blackjackz

03-06-2010

Black Cleaver, Black Cleaver, Black Cleaver.

Just my thought. Your teammate's build are really not that great.

Signed and Nunu use tank build. Initiate fights.

Ashe has the most potential to turn this over, range dps keep distance from sunfire, Black Cleaver + -armour runes = fast kill.

focus fire on amumu, then singed, than blitz or mal. first one touch the tower stun it.

shaco helps ashe take out enemy, nida go ap cdr build, be a healer and use trap on enemies, throw spears, when you see low hp enemy jumps in.

Signed should flip your primary target, then you guys can focus fire easier.

As soon as the other team spent all their stun attacks, nunu ultimate.

but your nunu and signed go too much ap, and ashe should focus on getting attack damage, catalyst wont save her, get a Vampiric Scepter if she wants to survive longer. Shaco I dunno coz I did not play Shaco much, but i see better shaco. I dont think he has a good item build.

well without arrange team it is hard to get ppl coordinate, so you are pretty much screwed anyway lol.

Xlaze

03-06-2010

Thanks for the responses. I forgot about bloodrazer and black cleaver. We tried to backdoor, kinda failed though :S.

And yes, I agree, Solo queuing kinda limits how much coordination a team can have. I think playing safe and doing hit and run tactics (backdooring to some extent) could work.

It was funny, I did type in chat to be careful and that the other team might try a 5 man early-gank. The minions spawned and met in the middle and top/bot. Noone appeared. The nunu decided to stray and got owned ><.