How to tell a good Rammus from a bad Rammus.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cenki

03-06-2010

Did the rammus purchase boots of speed and 3 health potions, or a cloth armor and 5 health potions at the start? If the former, go afk in the fountain, he's going to feed the enemy.

Did you stick around? Let me guess, not only did he purchase boots of speed first at match start and NOT get first blood due to abusing his passive, but he also bought a sunfire cape. Ready to afk in the fountain? I told you he was a baddie.

So he bought a sunfire cape, then bought a second sunfire cape to add insult to injury? Did you not listen to what I told you before!? Go alt tab and check out your online shopping or something. Games over bro.

Seriously. I hate rammus players, or tanks in general stacking sunfire capes. Its NOT a good item. Thornmail first for heavy physics, Banshees veil first for heavy magic, and Guardian Angel for a mix. Get all three in the end though. Mercury Treads if balanced or caster, and only get a ninja tabi if 4-5 of them are physical only.

Psi21

03-06-2010

Quick warning this guy isn't good. Take his post with a grain of salt.

Cenki

03-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi21 View Post
Quick warning this guy isn't good. Take his post with a grain of salt.

That was the point

wildfire393

03-06-2010

Cloth armor gives him <5 attackdamage, I hardly call that "abusing his passive". I don't know why Rammus would buy boots to start though.

Honestly, this is nowhere near as bad to seeing a Teemo at level 1 with a Vamp Scepter and the Toxic Shot passive on him. You know right then and right there that that Teemo is going to be nothing but a burden to your team, either giving up first blood due to having no survivability when he's not autoattacking and no disable whatsoever or giving up first blood due to being forced to push their minions to the tower by autoattacking. A humongous thank you to T0ggle for writing an awesome guide suggesting both of these things.

IS1fc047643c50eef8f3afe

03-06-2010

Rammus whit AP and Hp Build works wondes as well

Voidgolem

03-06-2010

...I honestly don't get why people buy boots first ever.

Davok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2010

If I see OP in a game, I'll be sure to play a tank and mass sunfire capes.

Dancing Cow

03-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenki View Post
Did the rammus purchase boots of speed and 3 health potions, or a cloth armor and 5 health potions at the start? If the former, go afk in the fountain, he's going to feed the enemy.

Did you stick around? Let me guess, not only did he purchase boots of speed first at match start and NOT get first blood due to abusing his passive, but he also bought a sunfire cape. Ready to afk in the fountain? I told you he was a baddie.

So he bought a sunfire cape, then bought a second sunfire cape to add insult to injury? Did you not listen to what I told you before!? Go alt tab and check out your online shopping or something. Games over bro.

Seriously. I hate rammus players, or tanks in general stacking sunfire capes. Its NOT a good item. Thornmail first for heavy physics, Banshees veil first for heavy magic, and Guardian Angel for a mix. Get all three in the end though. Mercury Treads if balanced or caster, and only get a ninja tabi if 4-5 of them are physical only.

It is not necessary for rammus to take 5 health potions. If you're playing the way you should be, a cloth armor and 2-3 potions should be adequate. Getting a heart of gold asap really helps.

But your point is made. A sunfire cape is an expensive and low-reward waste of your gold.
For heavy phys, I'll go heart of gold >
tabi >
wardens mail (its nice to have the regen earlier on.. Team battles are infrequent, so I don't get much use out of the thornmail). >
thorn mail >
frozen heart >
angel >
sell heart of gold, buy another wardens mail.. or warmogs.. or whatever. games never last long after I have an angel.

For resist, I do
heart of gold>
treads>
spirit visage>
thornmail>
veil >
angel.. etc.

Da Orkz

03-06-2010

I see Sunfire Cape being really good for the Armordillo actually.
- Extra Health
- Extra Armor (Extra Damage)
- Damage to anyone near you (loltaunt)

While I wouldn't solely build them, I would probably grab one at least.

zoau

03-06-2010

sc stacking it is often an attempt to get a poor farm on but rammus can make a hell of a fortune off assists alone so build like beforementioned and get a sunfire cape later if you really like the flame aura. maybe it will even pay off by giving you a couple more assists in those team fights