Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jarvan or Xin Zhao

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XTreeX

05-01-2011

i know they are different prices but they are somewhat similar from what i know
jarvan is more tanky than dps and xin is more dps than tanky.....jarvan has alot of CC and xin has really good damage output.....
so im asking everyone which champion they would get if i were to build them both tanky DPS (like trundle)..

so yeh thnx guys and please reply soon

TheOnlyJaces

05-01-2011

Depend on your personnal thought.
Jarvan is less threating then a good Xin player.
It's just fun to see people type''omg xin is sooo Op'' everytime you own a game XD

Dracocide

05-01-2011

Get them both imo. I own both and I love them both. Just use which ever will benefit the team better.

Kahzel

05-01-2011

I got both of them (Xin first ofc) and i can tell you the following:

If you like being useful, being the "Successful gank" factor, being awesome, and last but most, DON'T CARE ABOUT GETTING ASSISTS THAT ARE 3X HIGHER THEN YOUR KILLS, get Jarvan. However, Jarvan has his science. You must know when and where to land your ult, to be quick (but not too quick) doing the Standard+Tail, When to use Aegis, know how to make your enemies dive on your lvl6 Jarvan with ult ready so they die at turret, and be patient. This is only aqcuiered through experience. You have to learn to play him not by guides, but by playing by yourself. You'll love a good build to be ulting each 45 seconds. A good Jarvan player does not carry, but he makes teams better.

Xin Zhao, on the other side, is the aggressive one. He, just as Jarvan, can fight alone if done properly. The only difference is that Zhao relies more on attack, rather than Jarvan, who does on survivavilty . (imo). To play him you must know when to initiate and onto who, whose you have to avoid and those you have to engage for free moneys. A good Xin player makes himself a serious damage dealer.

TL;DR: Get both. Personally i like Jarvan the most, because ppl at start goes "lol jarvan is up we win" and then they see me coming and winning.

VoidBro

05-01-2011

Jarvan can Tank. Xin Zhao is a Tanky DPS but cannot outright tank the enemy team.

Pewker

05-01-2011

Yeah, but it isn't that Jarvan can tann- he SHOULD tank, because he is a great tank. Xin is a good killer and carry.

XTreeX

05-02-2011

i like a character that can kill champs easily 1v1 so i think xin is better for me?

Anarchy656

05-02-2011

Xin is more in the DPS spectrum of tanky DPS while Jarvan is in the tanky area.

Quote:
i like a character that can kill champs easily 1v1 so i think xin is better for me?

Yeah I would say so.

Fearthechamp

05-02-2011

XIN ZHAO IS the BEST i score to day 35/5/15 the best score on my LIFE

XTreeX

05-02-2011

^ ok kooc story bor
while were on the subject...... commando xin or imperial?
i say commando lol