Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

is Archangel staff HONESTLY necessary on kassadin?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kikhan

05-01-2011

r u kidding? next to a stacked 12ish+ mejai's and Deathcap assuming you get any other mana item at all it is the largest single AP item in the game. Spamming W and you can stack tear by 30 minutes into the game.

You cant tell me that after going oom in the laning phase after 6ish spell casts that Kass isn't a mana eating *****.

Gurei Fullbuster

05-02-2011

Catalyst is OK for laning, but the cost means unless you get stupid fed (which is unlikely as Kassadin against even semi-competent enemies), you aren't going to get it until the laning phase is at *least* halfway over, 90% of the time though you won't even have it for that long, as the laning phase usually doesn't last that long. However, Catalyst simply does not cover my mana needs during teamfights. (before you ask, I am running 9/0/21 and full scaling MP5 yellows)

The Flaming Fist

05-17-2011

There are two ways to play AP Kassadin. One is max AP asap and be a glass cannon. This can work, but I have found that for my playstyle, it is less reliable than the way I build him. It's not wrong, but I love offensive riftwalk, and this build focuses on damage with Q+E and uses riftwalk for escape.

I prefer to build tanky Kass. RoA, Bveil, AA, THEN deathcap. You will be able to stack 5+ rift walks without going OOM with blue, and use them for a third extremely powerful nuke (stronger than Q or E when stacked). You also won't be insta-gibbed by CC, which is Kass' weakness.