is Archangel staff HONESTLY necessary on kassadin?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scabadoobop

Recruiter

05-01-2011

I like to build an early tear and not upgrade it until further down in the match. Of course I couple it with Frozen Heart for the defense, cdr and Banshees for the defense and health. They each provide their own benefits while fueling archangels if I manage to get it. I build deathcap somewhere in between.

Needed... not quite, helpful though. Definitely not rushing priority though.

Joebags

05-01-2011

AA - No
Manamune - Yes

/troll

...or am i?

Adaelphon Delat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-01-2011

It's more for the tear than the Archangel. Without it, you can do fine, if you watch your mana. However, having Archangel staff let's you go crazy with mana and rack up riftwalk stacks to a much higher degree. It is definitely worth it. Also, it happens provides a ton of AP.

ArgothBlackblade

05-01-2011

Absolutly usless, you should focus on another better item

JohnCataldo

05-01-2011

Having a giant mana supply is useful for how some people play Kassadin. If that's not you, don't worry about it.

But many Kassadins try to have quite a few Riftwalk stacks up before entering a fight. That's where mana pool is more important than mana regen.

Of course, both Rod and Tear are good for getting larger mana pools (plus any other mana items, of course).

Meserion

05-01-2011

before the nerf/buff on kassadin's ult i would say you could go without archangel. now I would say you need it, his ult cost 100 mana at its lowest level so you need a large pool if you wanna use its stacked version.

wats the nerf/buff?: his ult cost 40 more mana but its AP scaling has been greatly improved.

Leirkov

05-01-2011

Get blue buff, I don't need catalyst or anything. All I take is Dring and I'm fine.

Blue buff = Kass destroys team fights, otherwise he'll go oom.

Booterang

05-01-2011

it's a good choice if you want to use Rift walking in an offensive manner. This is a very high risk way to play Kassadin though.

Draghinaazzo

05-01-2011

you should be getting the tear asap for AP kassadin, nothing better than rift walking for 300+ damage at lvl6 when people have like 800hp lol

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2011

The point of tears is for that 1000mana so you can riftwalk whenever you want to instead of having to wait for the stacks to disappear. This lets you position yourself more correctly and more often for more killing rather than riftwalking in/out of battle a few times(as you should be doing) only to find yourself out of mana.