is Archangel staff HONESTLY necessary on kassadin?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kwjnfkjsdg

05-01-2011

he really isn't that mana dependent, but it somehow became standard for kassadins to get a tear of the goddess. i used to always get AA on him, until recently where i discovered the wonders of rushing catalyst>rabadon>bveil.

the only time where having an AA would help is when youre chasing/running and you manage to get like 6 stacks of riftwalk.

but in my many, many games as kassadin, i generally never worry about mana at all. and i'm starting to wonder if archangel staff really gives kass enough bang for its buck. with bveil and a maxed out AA, it gives you 150 AP. is it worth it?

dovvntempo

05-01-2011

not worth it imo if you have mana regen in your seals. The tear portion is nice to have early in the game but I find that a lot of games rushing catalyst and then going into BV is much better for mid game shenanigans.

Cirefy

05-01-2011

You need blue anyway, not worth it imo.

Amaterasuomikami

05-01-2011

The full staff isnt nessicary, but you really do need that Tear so might as well upgrade it eventually.

Blue and Runes will NOT be enough

Ichikaze

05-01-2011

If you wanna be agressive with kass you need tear,else you will run out of mana in any team fight,rushing BV is unnecesary,its a mid-late game item.

MrLucid72

05-01-2011

yea as kass you wanna be harrassing them like CRAZY .. use tear at least. I get tear then upgrade later if mana is built and game is long

MrMinionman

05-01-2011

Getting the Tear and spamming the Nether Blade really helps me a massive amount of mana quickly. later on, I basically see that mana pool helps getting those extra riftwalks so you can be that more aggressive. How aggressive Kass can be really kinda depends on the amount of mana he has

MasqureMan

05-01-2011

No, from what I learned first playing him, the evidence was that he does better with increasing his pool rather than regen. Although, I could see you getting it after RoD or something.

Degnared

05-01-2011

In general, you need a mana fixer, but it doesn't have to be an Archangel's staff. If you plan on getting Rod of Ages and Banshee's veil in the same game, don't bother with a tear. But I don't usually build RoA on Kass, and I don't start a veil until after deathcap is done (or after the NLR if I think I really need it). So my build order would be something like tear->sorc shoes->deathcap->bveil... and the game usually ends. I might upgrade the tear to an Archangel if the game drags on, since it's the 2nd highest amount of AP you can fit into one slot.

SuperChoob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2011

Catalyst gives you enough mana to lane. You can skip the Archangels and go straight for Rabadons as long as you can manage your mana pool.