Udyr Viability

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bl4ck0ut13

03-06-2010

So is Udyr viable anymore? Discuss

Ęzeal

03-06-2010

He definitely feels harder to use, as in turtle has been nerfed so I have more trouble escaping/leeching hp and I can't practically instagank anymore.

He's still strong, but I think he lost some of his soloing ability.

sainthero

03-06-2010

He needs to get to at least 2 of his items before he can do some work. Continually harassing him really pins him down. He's still strong but he needs to be fed somewhat.

Bl4ck0ut13

03-08-2010

well isnt that kinda like every hero

kleckas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2010

nope, there are heroes who dont need to be fed to kill, also anyone with a slow, snare, range can kill udyr, now then his bears speed is nothing you cant run away like rammus or any others with high speed mowing

FiveStar

03-08-2010

He's completely viable. Udyr is just not for button mashers anymore...

King Ventarus

03-08-2010

lets see here...he is but requires very smart play. at first of game he is weak very very weak.....pheonix can still help him get first blood...but fi you dont your very susceptible to harrasment. one big deal is you cant imo have the dps until say lvl 8-10 to be decent...since you will probably be oom after you activate 4 skills.

- at lvl 6 i used to have
2-turtle
3-pheonix
1-bear

this doesnt work anymore b/cause after activating bear unless you have lots of mana you are going to be worthless after pheonix......i usualy play back until lvl 10 where i have items etc. then you will have enough mana to use skills at will plus bility to olem. BUTTT even then in teamfights you get focused and die or slow and shutdown or and form of cc and you are simplly screwed...

i still do great with udyr but i do this almost fiddle style..... stay back tank intitates run in flash exhaust thier main dps kill them.....it is impossible imo for udyr to initiate and still do and dps...it just doesnt work. also absolutely no reason for udyr with jax at his current state.... it makes me cry he is seeing another possible nerf this next patch thouugh it is small its time to rework udyr a bit or buff him alittle like they are some champs'

Viral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2010

Okay, so he's viable, but how should we build him? Like, what items should I aim for? I've been going The Legend of Udyr guide, but it seems outdated. Any help?

Kritara

03-08-2010

I would say Udyr is actually one of the most viable melee dps champions for higher ELO play. His stance dancing gives his dodge which = survivability. Dancing between turtle, bear, and pheonix. Turtle for the shield, bear for a quick stun, and then stay in pheonix until you gotta refresh or want to reapply your turtle shield = decent aoe damage + 300 some odd shield absorbtion every 6 seconds or so.

1 level of bear is fine, Turtle is your life, Phenoix is your damage, tiger is...lol tiger? If your ballsy or smacking down an some feeder, sure go for tiger debuff instead of turtle shield. Otherwise Turtle, Bear, Pheonix will be your primarily used stances.

Items; ahh a world of debate. I LOVE rage blade. Seriously, it's A-MAZING on Udyr. attack damage + ability power + stacking attack speed/ability power = lease on life. It takes maybe 2-3 seconds to reach a full 8 stack of rage blade. Once you do you get +90 to your shield, and +30ish to your pheonix aoe. Not to mention your attacking 40% faster(give or take).

My item build is:
Vamp Scepter
Ninja Tabi boots(I roll 21/9/0 as Udyr. Dodging = more speed = less pricks getting away or catching me)
Rage Blade
Trinity Force if the other team is feeding me well, Blood thirster or Phantom Dancer otherwise. (Blood thister if they're mostly caster dps, Phantom Dancer if they're mostly physical dps)
If you got TF last time, get Bloodthirster or Phantom Dancer. Else get a TF.
My rune page for Udyr is 8% dodge, 10 Magic Pen, 5.5% CDR(ball park figure). With this build, not only does my pheonix do a lil more damage, but I usually have around a 50% some odd dodge with full dance stack + tabi boots + defense dodge mastery + phantom dancer + dodge runes.

Whelp

03-09-2010

Boots of Swiftness
Trinity Force
Phantom Dancer x4

Then you run around screaming "I'M A BEAR, I'M A PLANE, I'M A BEAR, I'M A PLANE, I'M A ****ING BEARPLANE"