@Pro Teemo Players.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

seandkiller

04-30-2011

Can you give me some general tips? After playing awhile I decided Teemo's the only champ I can really do that good on (besides Rammus), and I'd like some help.

Normally I go 22/0/8, or 22/8/0, depending on whether or not I feel like I'll need more defense.
My build usually goes (in order):
Dagger,1 HP pot
AS boots
Malady
Wit's End
Madred's BloodRazor
Phage (May build into Frozen Mallet)

Lately I've also been going to the side-lanes instead of mid, as I'm not really confident lately.
Tips?
EDIT:
Oh, I also max in order: Ult>poison>blind>move quick, not getting move quick till 13.
EDIT2:Also, to clarify the title, I mean people who consider themselves good at Teemo, they don't have to be high Elo or anything.

seandkiller

04-30-2011

Bump.Would really like some tips.

seandkiller

05-01-2011

Bump.
Could I get some help plx? nearly 30 views and not a single reply

Borchos

05-01-2011

Hi,

i like the 9/0/21 build more for Teemo for the enhanced Movespeed and lesser CD for ur shrooms.
Movespeed is his escape mechanism and so i try to improve it quick to 440+.

As for skilling i recommend blinding dart > poison till end of laning phase. Means q lvl 3 w lvl 1 e lvl 1 r lvl 1

Afterwards u can priotize ur poison over q. Reason behind it is, that laning phase is about harrasment and not autoattacking. Espeacially if u dont got boots at lvl 1 u wont have much autoattacks at the enemys. And 1 dotstack is far inferior to 1 q.

When u have ur first trip back and got boots u can switch to prio e.
Third is, i would get this phage a bit earlier, right after ur first attackspeeditem. This helps tremendeously with u escaping/chasing.

i hope this was helpful.

PS: i love playing Teemo, especially Bunnymo. =)

TooStronkadonk

05-01-2011

The guy above me doesn't know what he's talking about. Poison is far superior to dart in terms in lane control and harass

.http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=705637

AwayAway

05-01-2011

The only good Teemo is a dead Teemo.

Borchos

05-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disttt View Post
The guy above me doesn't know what he's talking about. Poison is far superior to dart in terms in lane control and harass

.http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=705637
lvl 1 e is 33 Damage at 4 seconds, additional 24 with each stack above the first.
lvl 1 q is 80 Damage + 1,5sec Blindness (they cant harass back)

This adds up to that u need 3 Autoattacks every 10 sec, which let u get harrassed by enemy creeps, give the enemy more time to harrass u (teemo didnt have the best autoattackrange) and without boots (what the OP claims to not start with) didnt let u retreat very well.

So, again, with the startitem Dorans Blade i recommend lvling q first, for Better harras + Survivability.

Though, i usually start with boots + 3 Pots, and with Boots i lvl e first, due to above stated reasons. >> In and Out.

Gigawattz

05-01-2011

Q is for the blind, not the damage.

Your harass should be Q+auto attack to hit both poison and blind. Leveling poison or blind first matters very little in this case for damage, however leveling poison is better by a very large margin in an extended fight.

The blinding dart is for blinding, not nuking. You aren't AP Teemo (AKA noob teemo) your build is AD so leveling poison is better.

I'm with Rainman on skill order, R>E>W>Q.

Hes top of the ranked soloque ladder and Mains Teemo btw.

Borchos

05-01-2011

as i said and as usual. The key is to adapt.
To ur enemy in lane and ur starting item.

SullenEyes

05-01-2011

I am by no means pro or ranked, but here's what works for me playing Teemo as a sub-30, still working on runes page player.

Comments:
I play Teemo as CDR/attack speed/dmg Teemo (not AP Teemo) - I am the fast little bugger who is supporting my team by pushing lanes with creep waves (and running away like a champ when the enemy shows up), getting that escaping squishy with low HP (if I can do so safely), mushrooming the map for map control/awareness and escapes, popping BV bubbles with BD for the AP champs, adding a marginal amount of AD when we catch someone and generally just being as annoying as I can be. This is not for everyone, but I have found this to be my most successful and enjoyable style.

Summoner skills: I normally run Clarity for MR issues and either Teleport or Flash. Yes, I know this is not pro and up for quite some debate, but it works for my playstyle, which is support. Teleport helps me defend for those moments when someone needs to get to the tower, while Flash helps me get away if need be.

Items:
-Starting item is a Regrowth Pendent and a heath pot. This lets me stay in lane longer and be an annoying little brat who requires a gank call to kill (unless I am not being careful).
-I wait for 1350 gold to go back, so I can get a Philosopher's Stone for my MR issues and +3 movespeed boots. I try to play Teemo as the annoying little bugger you can't catch - boots can be changed out to fit more of an AS build.
- Next items are CRD for more mushrooms (which means more map awareness)! Kindlegem if I need HP, or Fiendish Codex for MR (via Meki Pendent if you have to base frequently). Get both if you can afford them on your next back.
- Next is Attack Speed, via Nashoor's Tooth and then Malady. Malady can be substituted out if you have a low AP team, but if not, your AP carries will love you. Sometimes I will use Black Cleaver, Sword of the Divine or Wit's End if I think me/my team need the side benefits more than the AP I get from Malady.
-Last few items are situational. I normally combine the Phil Stone and Kindlegem into Shurelya's Reverie for another item spot, then choose. Frozen mallet for slows to support your team, some Magic resist, HP or armor if you're getting shredded, dmg, moar AS - it will depend on how the game is going at this point, what champs you are up against, and what you are doing mid-to-late game (pushing lanes, facestomping with your team, defending, dying, etc.).

Gameplay:
-I always duo lane. Leave mid to a carry who can do better, needs it more and is less super-squishy. Try to lane with someone else who has mana, to maximize your Clarity usefulness. I also try to lane with someone who has cc, to help make up for Teemo's lack thereof.
-Skill order is normally Blinding Dart, then Poison, then movespeed for my first three skills, in that order. BD lets me harass a little bit early and help keep the other team from getting last hits via auto-attack (especially against melees), while sometimes defending my laning partner by making the enemy assassin/melee a little bit less confident.
-After the first three skills, I agree that R>E>W>Q. Build in that order.
-Once poison is up, it is about getting a poison DoT on the enemy any (safe) chance they give me, especially on those who lack HP regen items/abilities.
-Be careful about pushing out the lane too far. If you need to push, a poison tap on each mob can do wonders, but if you don't, try to last hit ONLY, since the poison+auto attack will push towards their tower pretty quickly, leaving you and your laning partner vulnerable to early (pre lvl 6) ganks.
-Once I have mushrooms up, my goal with mushrooms is to provide map visibility/awareness for my team and escape routes via the slow (thus the CDR build). Pay attention to frequent gank bushes, jungle paths between lanes, entrance/escape routes that people like to use and places in lane where champs go but minions don't (like right along the walls). These are where your mushrooms should go.

Again, this is my "annoying Teemo" build. I play to support my team - sometimes this means sticking close to the group of 5 stomping up mid, while mushrooming the sides against ganks from the rear, sometimes it means pushing a lane out along top/bot, sometimes it means tower hugging and practicing the fine art of not dying. Any detailed improvement suggestions are always welcome (so I don't have to continue to learn the hard way).

Hope this helps!