Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sunfire shaco viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.
03-06-2010

Quote:
FABIOForever:
I don't get the logic of shaco clone making on hit activation items more valuable. How is doubling a madred's activation any different from doubling the effects of a vanilla damage item? The only items that would gain extra benefit are target stack items like malady and black cleaver piling on the stacks twice as fast.

Think of it this way.

You've got one item that deals 4.5% Max Health in magic damage to the opponent for every hit. Use your clone. Now you have two. What's important about this is it raises your clone's DPS (because the effect works for the clone too & it's getting the vanilla bonus of the item itself). The effects of a vanilla item are much less impressive as they're reduced by 25%. Basically, if the item doesn't have an effect to help the clone's DPS (best with percentage based items), it's worth significantly less. Understand?

GENERAL NUTBAKED

03-06-2010

Quote:
Darius Kalon:
Stacking Sunfire Capes on any champion is unimpressive at best. Stacking them on a stealth hero is lazy, and weak.

You will deal far, far more damage doing a conventional build and actually making use of Shaco's abilities. Stacking Sunfires is only "viable" for the lulz. If you actually want of be of use to your team, take a standard build.

wrong on the first point, stacking sunfire capes is the best way to build amumu, as it synergizes completely with his other abilities.

Dartkun

03-06-2010

Quote:
spreadfred:
if ur tanking, its a GOOD thing that the enemy has just wasted their AoE stun on you, and not on your dpsers

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Tell me you're not "tanking" with shaco. PLEASE

SF Jumper

03-06-2010

I've actually tested this.
The Sunfire effect with his clone does not stack with his own, it just acts an extension.
Thornmail is a MUCH nicer item to get on tank Shaco (Clone procs effect).
Guardian Angel also works for his clone. Also you can stay tanking until death and decieve away when you are revived.

I'd say get the latter two. After that I think ATK Speed would be most effective-Madred's Bloodrazor would be best. (Since your clone takes 100% of on-hit effects and attack speed from you)