[Guide]- AP Tristana : "Look Poppy!I can do this **** too!"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizto View Post
Ryze, Since tristana jumps in as part of her combo, DO NOT try to fight him without minions, he can use his own body to make his E bounce, and if its just you every single bounce will end up in your face. His E is a relatively long cooldown (compared to his Q atleast) so attack when he uses that for some reason (there really isnt any, but some do, some do).
That is not why Ryze is bad to fight against.

It is because Ryze can snare (you cannot jump anywhere during that 2 seconds) and Ryze is generally tanky(gets mana/damage even when rushing BV to counter you) and definitely have more sustained damage (sometimes even more than AD tristana if tristana went for Madreds). Therefore; if you do not kill Ryze; you are not going to get away alive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Felix67

Member

05-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeHX View Post
That is not why Ryze is bad to fight against.

It is because Ryze can snare (you cannot jump anywhere during that 2 seconds) and Ryze is generally tanky(gets mana/damage even when rushing BV to counter you) and definitely have more sustained damage (sometimes even more than AD tristana if tristana went for Madreds). Therefore; if you do not kill Ryze; you are not going to get away alive.
Despite the snare,u can still outburst him early game from my experience.Both me and lizto were reffering to the lane stage,at which ryze is as squishy as any other.Later in the game,its true that hes more problematic with BV meant to be a core item now for him.Just w8 for the bubble to go away.
All in all,i believe that since they made ryzes damage more dps-like and less bursty,hes easier to deal with at lane.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkPercy

Senior Member

06-08-2011

I personaly prefer my build, Doran's Ring, Sorcerer's Shoes, Mejai's , Rabadons, DFG, Zhonya Hourglass, Banshee's/GA. Allows you to snowball to late game dominance and Zhonya's IS awesome on her.

Also, I don't get The lich bane part... WHY? Her ratios are already fine and Lich bane is just so expensive for what it does.

DFG as 1st core item sucks. Nuff said.

I disagree on maxing E first, it was fine when her E ratio scaled with levels but now... I understand that it's for harassing but... It's like maxing Q before Shunpo on kat. The base damage you get per level is higher on W, also, you can harass with W kinda like Kat does with Shunpo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sumutherguy

Senior Member

06-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPercy View Post
I personaly prefer my build, Doran's Ring, Sorcerer's Shoes, Mejai's , Rabadons, DFG, Zhonya Hourglass, Banshee's/GA. Allows you to snowball to late game dominance and Zhonya's IS awesome on her.

Also, I don't get The lich bane part... WHY? Her ratios are already fine and Lich bane is just so expensive for what it does.

DFG as 1st core item sucks. Nuff said.

I disagree on maxing E first, it was fine when her E ratio scaled with levels but now... I understand that it's for harassing but... It's like maxing Q before Shunpo on kat. The base damage you get per level is higher on W, also, you can harass with W kinda like Kat does with Shunpo.
The problem with maxing rocket jump first, though, is that actually using it makes you incredibly vulnerable, while explosive shot can be safely used to harass.

I'm not really getting why folks are building high survivability on AP Tristana. Her one strength is her ability, with enough AP, to jump in, totally wreck somebody's day, and then get the hell out of there with another jump before the enemy team destroys her. Any survivability built on her will mean less AP, less burst and less of a chance to actually kill someone in a single rotation, thereby lessening her chances of escaping. Building glass cannon would actually be the best way to keep her alive, as her cooldowns are monstrously big and her mobility relies heavily on her being able to burst folks to nothing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Felix67

Member

06-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPercy View Post
I personaly prefer my build, Doran's Ring, Sorcerer's Shoes, Mejai's , Rabadons, DFG, Zhonya Hourglass, Banshee's/GA. Allows you to snowball to late game dominance and Zhonya's IS awesome on her.

Also, I don't get The lich bane part... WHY? Her ratios are already fine and Lich bane is just so expensive for what it does.

DFG as 1st core item sucks. Nuff said.

I disagree on maxing E first, it was fine when her E ratio scaled with levels but now... I understand that it's for harassing but... It's like maxing Q before Shunpo on kat. The base damage you get per level is higher on W, also, you can harass with W kinda like Kat does with Shunpo.
Ok,first of all,except from mejais,ur build doesnt difer much from mine,so i dont understand why all the rage xD.
Lichbane adds to your combo the burst dmge needed at later levels to 1shot others.Thats based from my experience with and without lichbane.Its not mandatory for you,but i think many will agree its pretty reasonable.
Saying DFG early sucks without facts doesnt prove anything.Trist has huge AP ratios and DFG provides enough AP and 1 extra nuke.Now tell me,what starter item would provide more dmge than DFG to copensate the almost 35% hp nuke + AP?Not to Mention the CDR u will have to gank more.Why dont you give it a try and see for yourself?
And its rly been hugely discussed,but imma say it again: W is bad to waste for dmge early.E is reliable,and rly dmging now with the remake.W is unreliable,gets u in harass position and can get u owned.I think the poster above me also covered some points accurately.
And no,it isnt like kats shunpo.Shunpo is more flashy.You can return back most times with no damage returned.Tristanas W gets seen from miles away and people react rly fast to it.I think there isnt better starter for AP trist than E.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DacungBowser

Junior Member

06-14-2011

Op. Many thanks for the guide on AP Trist. Read Ambis guide many moons ago and I have to say AP Trist is alot of fun. The bad games suck hard, but the good ones are amazing. Always a good feeling 100-0'ing someone and getting away with it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Felix67

Member

06-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DacungBowser View Post
Op. Many thanks for the guide on AP Trist. Read Ambis guide many moons ago and I have to say AP Trist is alot of fun. The bad games suck hard, but the good ones are amazing. Always a good feeling 100-0'ing someone and getting away with it.
Thanks for the thumbs up man,i understand ur feeling lol.Ambi got it right,this girl has potential,just wanted to write an up-to-date guide.Keep bursting champs!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Felix67

Member

01-04-2012

*Updated to include Ahri and Veigar at the Watch Out section,update for new masteries,and a Positioning mini guide.