[Guide]- AP Tristana : "Look Poppy!I can do this **** too!"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

malphismia

05-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix67 View Post
it did 25(+0.1) every second for 8 secs at rank 5.Now it does 230(+1) in 5 seconds.
It's (+.25) for 5 seconds, amounting to 1:1 AP scaling. If it was (+1) for 5 seconds, a 5:1 AP ratio would be OP lol

I'm probably going to try this soon. Going to skip lichbane, just go Dorans Ring --> Catalyst --> Rabadon --> Banshees --> DFG.

I think I'll need Banshees, because without it you get stunned you cant jump out you die.

Lizto

05-08-2011

Im back, with a few more critics lol.

Just trying to contirbute with the guide, since AP tristana is so much fun, havent played her like that all that much, but oh god shes fun.

Malzahar: He can wait for your bubble to be popped, so dont get Banshees, get Quicksilver Sash, use it the moment he ults.

Annie: Her cooldowns are rather short(4 sec Q, 8 sec W), so you got to be quick. My suggestion to dealing with her (as an experienced Annie player myself) is to wait for her to Q and harrass with your E, when she has stun ready, wait for her to lose her patience and use her skills and keep harrassing, then if shes stupid enough to stick around when shes low enough, do your combo.

Ryze, Since tristana jumps in as part of her combo, DO NOT try to fight him without minions, he can use his own body to make his E bounce, and if its just you every single bounce will end up in your face. His E is a relatively long cooldown (compared to his Q atleast) so attack when he uses that for some reason (there really isnt any, but some do, some do).

Felix67

05-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRED View Post
It's (+.25) for 5 seconds, amounting to 1:1 AP scaling. If it was (+1) for 5 seconds, a 5:1 AP ratio would be OP lol

I'm probably going to try this soon. Going to skip lichbane, just go Dorans Ring --> Catalyst --> Rabadon --> Banshees --> DFG.

I think I'll need Banshees, because without it you get stunned you cant jump out you die.
Thats why i said 230 (+1) in 5 seconds,not every second.I dont speak the best english,but what u wrote isnt what i meant thanks for giving the chance to clarify.
Also,i do skip lichbane many times for earlier rabadons if i see their carries rushing a defensive item.

Felix67

05-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizto View Post
Im back, with a few more critics lol.

Just trying to contirbute with the guide, since AP tristana is so much fun, havent played her like that all that much, but oh god shes fun.

Malzahar: He can wait for your bubble to be popped, so dont get Banshees, get Quicksilver Sash, use it the moment he ults.

Annie: Her cooldowns are rather short(4 sec Q, 8 sec W), so you got to be quick. My suggestion to dealing with her (as an experienced Annie player myself) is to wait for her to Q and harrass with your E, when she has stun ready, wait for her to lose her patience and use her skills and keep harrassing, then if shes stupid enough to stick around when shes low enough, do your combo.

Ryze, Since tristana jumps in as part of her combo, DO NOT try to fight him without minions, he can use his own body to make his E bounce, and if its just you every single bounce will end up in your face. His E is a relatively long cooldown (compared to his Q atleast) so attack when he uses that for some reason (there really isnt any, but some do, some do).
Thanks again for ur comments dude.I thought about QQS but wasnt sure if u could use it during his ult,will add it to the guide for sure!You are also right about ryze,so im gonna twist it a bit.Keep this feedback rolling,much apreciated!

malphismia

05-08-2011

I just played AP Tristana, endgame my ult did over 1,000 damage. I stacked some Doran's Rings, AP Trist is still a really good farmer.

we would've won, we got nexus towers but had to back off, but the Ashe on my team got caught doing dragon at the last minute(stupid move to be alone) and it just snowballed downhill from there, what a waste, an hour game lost because of a noob move.

EpicMadness

05-08-2011

ayeyeyey, OP got the build wrong, seriously wrong.

Rylai
Voidstaff
rabadon
lichbane/Deathfire
Morello/Gunblade
Lucidity/Sorc

Core items are Rabadon, Voidstaff and Rylai(no rylai = everything escapes you) this build gives you about 700+ap, which is 1.5K raw damage for ult
why those? after you hit with jump, everything is super slowed, another thing, your E would slow wickedly, including your ult, morello+lucidity already gives you 35% cdr, 3% from masteries 2% is ignorable.

you dont really need deathfire, your W does 700, your E does 800, your lichbane does AP+AD, your ult does 1.5K , totals to more or less 3k in one poof.

OK WHO SAID Q WAS USELESS? i use Q to push doing 250damage per hit, and a special 1:1 AP attack burst on both tower and other targets upon Q activation. i could take down a tower before my Q would wear off.

Felix67

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicMadness View Post
ayeyeyey, OP got the build wrong, seriously wrong.

Rylai
Voidstaff
rabadon
lichbane/Deathfire
Morello/Gunblade
Lucidity/Sorc

Core items are Rabadon, Voidstaff and Rylai(no rylai = everything escapes you) this build gives you about 700+ap, which is 1.5K raw damage for ult
why those? after you hit with jump, everything is super slowed, another thing, your E would slow wickedly, including your ult, morello+lucidity already gives you 35% cdr, 3% from masteries 2% is ignorable.

you dont really need deathfire, your W does 700, your E does 800, your lichbane does AP+AD, your ult does 1.5K , totals to more or less 3k in one poof.

OK WHO SAID Q WAS USELESS? i use Q to push doing 250damage per hit, and a special 1:1 AP attack burst on both tower and other targets upon Q activation. i could take down a tower before my Q would wear off.
Ok,its been discussed above if u wanna see it,but i will sum it up.
You assume ur W hits the target,while it can escape it,therefore,u relly entirely on an avoidable skillshot to bring them at ur Ults kill range.Deathfire Grasp is an easy choice to put them at low health the entire game.
I never had any problem at finishing someone before they escape.If you need Rylais to slow them then u need to improve your position in fight.Use your W wiser.Btw,how do u expect to slow except from E?W slows by itself,so its wasted.Ur R should finish the enemy,not slow him.You are getting an item just for letting ur E slow?If we talk bout health fine,but slow?no.
Noone said Q is useless for pushing.Its useless to get priority with this build because u gimp ur burst dmge.Read the guide carefully,Q is not the skill to take early and i think everyone would agree.
Also,how did u figure those numbers man?R we talking about 800AP here??Cause if it is this way,DFG would do 50% of enemys hp at once,which agains proves my point in getting it.

Felix67

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRED View Post
I just played AP Tristana, endgame my ult did over 1,000 damage. I stacked some Doran's Rings, AP Trist is still a really good farmer.

we would've won, we got nexus towers but had to back off, but the Ashe on my team got caught doing dragon at the last minute(stupid move to be alone) and it just snowballed downhill from there, what a waste, an hour game lost because of a noob move.
Its like i stated in the guide bro,u might kill a lot but not win in the end ...U gotta measure ur team to see if u fit.Thanks for posting ur results,looking forward for more impressions!

Nightdancer ND

05-09-2011

I am very satisfied with a different start:

Sapphire Crystal + 2x HP pot
AP Quints and Seals

Then an early upgrade for Catalyst the Protector.
This gives you enough mana and HP staying power for your lane.

With AP only, I feel not comfortable.
The range of the dot is only medium and you will receive also damage for casting on the enemy.
Also jump + dot will result in some incoming damage.

After Catalyst the Protector + Basic Boots you can do every item build you want to.

By the way:
A Hextech Gunblade is a very good 4th or 5th item. (also very well for stacking)

Felix67

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightdancer ND View Post
I am very satisfied with a different start:

Sapphire Crystal + 2x HP pot
AP Quints and Seals

Then an early upgrade for Catalyst the Protector.
This gives you enough mana and HP staying power for your lane.

With AP only, I feel not comfortable.
The range of the dot is only medium and you will receive also damage for casting on the enemy.
Also jump + dot will result in some incoming damage.

After Catalyst the Protector + Basic Boots you can do every item build you want to.

By the way:
A Hextech Gunblade is a very good 4th or 5th item. (also very well for stacking)
Thats another safe start.I might as well add it.
I found out that if the enemy can harass you when u do,he gets the illusion that he can win u eventually,and that often led me to a first blood.Cuz when u reach 6 with dorans ring and AP runes,none suspects that u r gonna hurt so much.
But thats part of how much u wanna risk or how good u r with deception.Keep up with what suits each situation,but dont hesitate going more offensive once,just to try for yoursef.
Might as well try hextech but on a more hybrid build and give feedback.