Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Suggestion] Manric the mana manipulator

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LR Vago

04-30-2011

Resuming:

Quote:
Manric is a anti-mage mage, basically he has low healt, low attack , and hig spells, plus an incrediblly hig mana, (about 2000 base mana at level 18)
his passive is like the brand passive, just that it drains mana based on max mana of the enemy.
his Q is a ability that deals a small amount of damage, and drains a lot of mana, so the enemy cant do spells to you, again, nightmare to mages
his E is like the trundle contaminate zone, just that instead of making your attack do more damage, are your spells. also makes enemy spells cost more.
his W just to make him a bit resistant is a shield, a shield that cost hig mana, but gives you average shieldt. also the shield is based on the max mana.
it can be used (only if you have the shield active) like the taric shatter, to destroy your shield to damage nearby enemies
his ult is a sharp edged weapon that must be used smartly. passively it increases your burnout mana burn, and in level 3 it gives you also the posibility to deal damage to the enemy. active it doubles the duration, damage, and amount of burnouts on the enemies, also the half of mana drained is damage. so its like a second ignite

Lore
Quote:
the ways of magic have been powerfully explored. the magicians explored how to create the destructive fire from nowhere, learned to spawn deadly ice from the air, they learned how to use the ancients powers of the earth, and how to capture the free-spirit of the air. but few have explored the magic himself.

when a magician is formed, he learns that the Mana is the fountain of magic, that it halps you to use your magic. but they show you to use that mana to manipulate. to manipulate different things, like fire, thunder, electrycity, even fear. but no how to use the mana himself.

Manric saw that gasp, Manric knew that something was missing, Manric explored the depth hollow of magic, of the nature of the mana. and returned barely human. he discovered the ancient secret of raw magic. and he umbraced it. He explored it, he ddint sleep, seeking how to manipulate raw magic.

he took some bandages, abandoned on the summoner rift, probably from amumu. and tatooded them, symbolizing the past liged tho the magic. he learned how to manipulate those bandages, and later on, how to manipulate the mana himself

"the magican see the mana just as a tool, now they will learn how to use it as a weapon"

Base stast(under improvement):

-Healt: weak, kinda low. not numbered yet
-Mana: extremely hig, i guess like 450(+100) per level
-base damage: not decided yet, i guess low
-armor: not decided yet, guess low
-magic resist: not decided yet, guess mid
-ranged
-movement speed: 315
-Attack speed: not decided, guess low

spells
Innate: Burnout
Manric spells burn out enemy mana, based on enemy max mana.
After a spell, the inner mana of an enemy burns, burning 2/4/6% of max mana every second for 5 seconds, and dealing 1/2/3% of max mana as magic damage. can be stackable.
if enemy has no more mana, it deals 1,5/3/4,5% max mana as damage
if enemy is manaless, it deals 1,5/3/4,5% of max healt as damage
animation: a burning blue flames, on enemy cham
Autor Quote:
Quote:
ok this passive is just made to piss off the enemy janna, ryze o any mage who stacks hig mana, and as it can stack, it can really good. also it scales whit ult

Q: Mana Bandages: Manric toss a bandage to an enemy, supressing him for 1 second and draining100/150/220/300/400 (+1,2 AP) mana, gaining 50% of drained mana. also damages the enemy for 40% of the mana drained
if enemy has no more mana left, it deals 75% of mana drained as magic damage instead of 40%
cost: 70/ 90/ 110/130/150 CD: 5/5/5/5/5
Range: 700
animation: blue bandages come out from manric arms, when tey hit the enemy the bandages surround him, aalso when snare is endend, the bandages break, like amuu tauntrum.
Autor quote
Quote:
this is the main spell for Manric, practically made this spell and then the champion. it just pisses off the enemy mage who suddenly have 100 less mana, and you can still gain some mana (or at least lose fewer) also if its in level 3 or above you actaully make some extra mana by casting it plus making the enemy mana reach to zero

W: charged zone: Manric charges a zone whit ancient magic making friendly spells deal 10/20/30/40/50% extra damage if casted in that zone, . also enemy spells cost`s are raised by a 20/40/60/80/100% . Charged zone lasts for 9/10/11/12/13 seconds
burnout is dealed to enemies who where in cast zone when it was casted
Mana cost: 100/120/150/170/200 CD: 30/30/30/30/30
range: similar to Trundle Contaminate
animation: blue sparkles above all the zone, also when enemy spells are casted, some rays go arund them
Autor Quote
Quote:
on my oppinion, a really good spell to support your allies, it will make your rze deal insanely hig damage, while enemy ryze will just sit on the grass cause his spells whit make him suicide. also it makes your bandage and armor breakout deal increased damage

E: Overcharge:
manric makes an enemy got overcharged for 5 seconds, reciving damage equal to 90/140/180/240/280(+0,5 ENEMY AP) also each time the enemy cast an spell the 10/20/30/40/50% of spellcost is dealt to the enemy as magic damage
manacost:80/90/100/1107120
CD: 12/12/12/12/12

Mana Armor: the 25/50/75% of damage recieved goes to the mana instead of the healt
Cost: 20/30/40 per second
CD: 30/30/30
-to add:

quotes of the champion: tmorrow.. i think
Base stats: when i get some feedback

apparance of my char: tmorrow, but only description ( i suck on art)

LR Vago

05-01-2011

Gameplay:

ok since Manric is basically a low life char, like all mages, you cant go to the front whit it. however, the mana bandages can be really useful on mid lane, cause you will prevent your enemy to spam his spells while you can spam them all the time.

For the build, i go for next:
-sorcerer shoes
-archangel staff
-rod of ages
-will of the ancients

thats the main core, sorcerer shoes can be optional, but it gives a good magic prenetation, also the archangel staff is really useful on this char, since the 3% max mana as AP is really useful on this. RoA is basically for surviving and more mana, and will of the ancients to have an extra mana.
other good ideas would be a rabadon deathcap and then anothr archangel, or a mananune (to have raw attack to kill towers) and a deathcap. or another two archangel staff, its all up to you now.

Quote:

Masteries: 9/0/21 (priorize mana and mana regen on utility)
Summoner spell: ignite and clarity
Spells build: Q-W-Q-E-Q-R-Q-W-Q-W-R-W-W-E-R-E-E-E
(priorize your bandages, and charged zone cause its really useful in lane)
why ignite?: cuase its stacks really nice whit ult. why clarty?: cuase even whi the bandages, this spells drain a lot of mana, and getting dry whit this char, means death
ok i dont mid too much, normally i use laning mages, however, i think this guy can be a excelent mider, the reason is simple: mana drain. your enemy will get dry very soon and your mana will get restored.
early game: get saphire crystall, to build the tear of goddes ASAP, then go miding, stay in the back of your minions and always yo can, aim your bandages to the enemy, so he cant spam their spells, eventually he will get dry, and he wont be able to harass you. when you have a good bunch of money (like to buy normal boots and tear of goddes) go back, buy tear of godess, and then if you can, boots. then go back miding, and keep harassing. dont get on ganks until you have ult

Mid game: ok you have ult, you might have archangel and the sorceres shoes, and maybe building the RoA, now you can go for ganking. keep on the mid twer, and only go to the other towers to gank enemies. make sure that efore going to a gank you use the mana armor so you dont get K.O too soon. use mana bandages, charged zone, another bandages, and ult, then, DONT chase it. Manric has no escaping skill exept for a shield that in mid game can be too low
Late game: ok now you have the core build, and maybe doing extra adds, and now is where you rock. go ahead aganist mages whit hig mana, like ryze, janna, or something, then use the combo Q-W-E-Q-R to make them have the three stacks of burnout after doing ult, and then walk away, your personal ignite should kill them.

laning:
Quote:
the really anyonning when you are laning is when the enemy caster harras you whit spells to keep the your life bar lowest possible, however as Manric, you can leave the enemy caster dry thanks to your bandagas, and apply burnout on every shot, however, the olack of a good farming spell might be bad to you.
on this case, your lane partner MUSNT be a DPS whit low healt (aka: tryndamere, yi) you might want to aim for an amge tank like nunu, or a mage like ryze, to boost him whit charged zone.
Best lane partner(at least to me). Cho´gath: whit your charged zone, vorpal spikes become a masterpiece on farming or pushing, also rupture scales ridiculous power, adn ult has a nuke true damage... problem?
also the tanking capacity will be nice.

buying for lane: soewaht likely to the miding phase, try to get archangel staff and sorcerer shoes, then go for a RoA, then a deathcap, or a ryals scepter, then the build is up to you

other possible builds (not developed)
Mana Tank: ok.. dont know if this works, but if you can get a good amount of max mana, whit archangel-mananune-frozen heart. it can reach a extra 2500 mana, plus your inital 2000 at level 18, your shield would be for an extra 450, and whit the frozen heart armor, it can do really nice, i think so...

LR Vago

05-01-2011

bump! not getting away whit no comment

LR Vago

05-02-2011

bumping again from page 5

LR Vago

05-03-2011

updated gameplytad: added laning

Katsuni

05-04-2011

Quote:
Aku Von Vaarken:

After a spell, the inner mana of an enemy burns, burning 1% of max mana every second for 3 second, can be stackable.
if enemy has no more mana, it deals 0,5% max mana as damage
if enemy is manaless, it deals 0,5% of max healt as damage
animation: a burning blue flames, on enemy champ

While potentially neat, it's also a bit awkward.

Keep in mind, since yeu're lightly basing this off brand's passive, that brand does 8% of max health, yeurs is doing... 1.5%, or 3% mana if they have mana left.

Considering mana regen is often very high, much higher than health regen normally (except maybe mundo or Cho'gath if he has nature on), and damage will typically kill a squishy endgame way before they have mana issues generally, this seems kinda... pointless, and not very anti-mageish.

As it doesn't even do damage until the mana's been burnt, and mana can likely regenerate faster than this burns it, yeu may really want to consider upping the numbers a fair bit, if yeu want it to be useful.

Considering he has other ways of draining mana anyway, I'm not really thinking it's needed as such, and can probably just be converted to a stronger version of brands' which only works when the enemy's out of mana.

Quote:
Q: Mana Bandages: Manric toss a bandage to an enemy, supressing him for 1 second and draining100/150/220/300/400 (+1,2 AP) mana, gaining 50% of drained mana. also damages the enemy for 40% of the mana drained
if enemy has no more mana left, it deals 75% of mana drained as magic damage instead of 40%
Range: 450
animation: blue bandages come out from manric arms, when tey hit the enemy the bandages surround him, aalso when snare is endend, the bandages break, like amuu tauntrum.

Sounds a little too much like amumu in terms of animation, without much explanation there; have no clue whot this champ looks like even O.o

Regardless, yeu have a skill shot, with a suppression (very powerful even if only 1 second), and a huge mana drain with some damage. Seems useful overall against teams without mana though, but not overpowered, so overall not too bad.

Keeping it as a skillshot should keep it overall balanced since mages tend to be at long range; the 450 range on it however counteracts that, especially since he's a soft squishy mage himself. I'd highly recommend increasing this to at least 700 (normal range for most spells), or he'll be chain stunned before he can even get into range to use it against the ones that are stunning him.

Quote:
W: charged zone: Manric charges a zone whit ancient magic making friendly spells deal 10/20/30/40/50% extra damage if casted in that zone, and doubling the bonus for Manric. also enemy spells cost`s are raised by a 20/40/60/80/100% and deals 10% of mana cost as damage. Charged zone lasts for 9/9/9/9/9 seconds
animation: blue sparkles above all the zone, also when enemy spells are casted, some rays go arund them

It really feels like yeu're trying entirely too hard to add too much to this spell. Drop the bonus damage, and instead just leave it as increasing cost for abilities, but doubling all ability costs, not just mana. This should overall fix most issues.

Quote:
E: Mana Armor: Manric casts a shield of Mana of 100/150/200/250/300 (+10% current mana) for 9 seconds,
cost:100/150/200/250/300 CD: 12/12/12/12/12

Armor Breakout: Manric breaks his mana armor, dealing 50% of Shield restant life to enemies in 400 range
cost: None CD: none

While this works well with the mana manipulation theme, it does end up being very, very similar to Sion's.

The benefit from mana over AP, however, is a nice fit.

Overall, it's alright, and the mana % seems to be enough to make it sort of useful of an increase without being overpowered.

Quote:
R: Mistical Flames:
(Passive): increases burnout, making it burns 2/3/3% of enemy max mana, and also recive 0/0/1% of max mana as magic damage.
if enemy has no more mana left, it deals 1/2/3% of max mana as magic damage
If enemy is manaless it deals 1/2/3% of max life as magic damage

(active): Burnout enemies recives 2 Mistical flames per burnout, making 2/4/6% of max mana be burned, and dealing 1/2/3% of max mana as damage, for 6 second
if enemy has no more mana it deals 1,5/3/4,5% max mana as damage
if enemy is manaless it deals 1,5/3/4,5% max healt as damage
it also claers all burnouts
Cost.100/150/200 CD: 45/45/45
Animation: enemies un burnout burst on fire,

Even with the burnout increase, it doesn't seem to really be enough, and does feel kinda tacked on. Just making the default burnout stronger would fix the issue without relying on the ultimate. Many passives increase in power at 6/11/16 anyway, which is practically the same as adding an ultimate (unless yeu're twitch whose ultimate has been nerfed so hard it's pretty much pointless to get).

As for the active... it really doesn't seem to work all that well with burnout at all, and in fact, seems to go against it, simply making it do a bit more damage but removing it, which basically just defeated the purpose of the burnout in the first place.

The long cooldown for the effect doesn't help, and overall, yeu'd probably be better just replacing the ultimate entirely, and tidying up the original passive, rather than trying to force two abilities to do essentially the same effect. It's not so much synergy, as it is just wasting two ability slots for one spell.

The mana manipulation idea is kinda neat of an idea as a whole, and the anti-mage is alright... except that he doesn't seem that powerful at the start of the game, when mages are at their strongest, and has no way to really survive being blown up by a mage's spellspam. If he ran into annie or brand or whotever, he'd be a smoking crater.

An anti-mage needs to be strong against mages when they're at their strongest (early game), and able to survive early game harassment (he can't).

As such, he kinda fails in his anti-mageness, since he can't catch one that's running away, can't prevent them from casting spells in the first place, can't handle fighting them when they actually are dangerous, nor can handle their poking early game.

He's not a total loss, but if yeu really want him to be an anti-mage, he's lacking a lot of the key things that would make a mage actually afraid of him.

DariusFF

05-05-2011

I like the idea of a dedicated anti-mage character! So far we only have Kassadin for that.
Reading your post was a little hard because of the grammar and spelling mistakes but I got through it after a bit of work. It would be wonderful if you could edit those out eventually. Now for feedback!

Passive:
I see you're following Brand's passive. I think you need to buff this much much higher than it is right now. Mana regens very much faster than health, not to mention many champions don't even use mana as a resource.

Q:
Seems very similar to Amumu's bandage toss. I understand you did this because of his lore, but this could just as well be some mana-drain tentacle.
I think this is perfect for an anti-mage. I do think that the range needs to be increased since at 450 other ranged champions can just keep kiting him / harassing with little danger. I also think you need to buff up the ratios a little more since mana is much easier to regenerate at higher levels.

W:
I like this concept. Helps Manric support his allies while still being true to the anti-mage theme. I do think this ability tries to do too much, most abilities only do 2-3 things while this one does 5 things.

E:
Very similar to Sion's shield I think, I do like the mana aspect of it which fits very well with your champion's theme. Overall very good ability.

R:
I don't know about this. It feels like a slightly buffed passive of his. I think you need to rework this because at the moment it just seems like a regular ability and not an ultimate.

LR Vago

05-06-2011

Katsuni:

-ok, i got your idea whit the passive, but you know, whit three stacks, on a enemy who has about.. 2000 mana, it will drain 60 mana per second, and i dont think that its too low mana. read it carefully, its not 1,5 over the duration, its 1,5 each second inthe duration, what is 3% mana... ok on the numbers, only if the enemy has hig mana it will be good, si it might need a slight buff, but still i will do it to burn enemy mana (rather that just drain it)
so i will just buff it. and eliminate the ult as you suggested.

-ok the char looking still is on the work ( im not good drawing and in deviantart or google images there is nothing like my concept) so ill just update range and thats all

-W: i never said it was only mana cost, its says ability cost. but i get the idea of doing too much things.
so i´ll keep the mana double cost, and the spells bonus damage (and the burnout dealing too)

E: ok, it might be similar to sion, but still it needed a shield for surviving or it would be too weak, to squishy. but now i need an ult so... im moving this to ult, and changing the E spell, just give me time

R: ok, if you say its total fail (and Darius too) ill change it, just empower the innate

darius:
ok you said almost the same that katsuni just whit other words, so i know its bad.

changing:
passive:

Quote:

After a spell, the inner mana of an enemy burns, burning 2/4/6% of max mana every second for 5 seconds, and dealing 1/2/3% of max mana as magic damage. can be stackable.
if enemy has no more mana, it deals 1,5/3/4,5% max mana as damage
if enemy is manaless, it deals 1,5/3/4,5% of max healt as damage
animation: a burning blue flames, on enemy champ

Q:
Quote:
Mana Bandages: Manric toss a bandage to an enemy, supressing him for 1 second and draining100/150/220/300/400 (+1,2 AP) mana, gaining 50% of drained mana. also damages the enemy for 40% of the mana drained
Range: 700
animation: blue bandages come out from manric arms, when tey hit the enemy the bandages surround him, also when snare is endend, the bandages break, like amumu tauntrum.

W:
Quote:
W: charged zone: Manric charges a zone whit ancient magic making friendly spells deal 10/20/30/40/50% extra damage if casted in that zone, . also enemy spells cost`s are raised by a 20/40/60/80/100% . Charged zone lasts for 9/10/11/12/13 seconds

E: (total change)

Quote:
Overcharge: manric makes an enemy got overcharged for 5 seconds, reciving damage equal to 90/140/180/240/280(+0,5 ENEMY AP) also each time the enemy cast an spell the 10/20/30/40/50% of spellcost is dealt to the enemy as magic damage
manacost:80/90/100/1107120
CD: 12/12/12/12/12

that way i dont get away off the anti mage and still deal more damage on the beggining so the enemy mages really fear him.

R(total change too):
Quote:
Mana Armor: the 25/50/75% of damage recieved goes to the mana instead of the healt
Cost: 20/30/40 per second
CD: 30/30/30

that way he still got the survivavility (even more in late game)

thats all, thanks for feedback

PS: sorry for gramatical mistakes, english aint my native languaje and im doing my best

LR Vago

05-08-2011

bump for page 7

Major Alchohol

05-08-2011

This seems like a very intimidating champion, many spell related champs would not be able to do very much at all in the laning phase, causing Manric to really kick ass. One question I have is what happens to non mana champs like rumble, vladmir, renekton, and shen? Does it instantly deal damage instead?