How to tell a good Rammus from a bad Rammus.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sainthero

03-06-2010

Sunfire capes are pretty hard to get right away. So stack up on heart of golds THEN sell them to get a sunfire. High health and high armor rammus will carry any team.

Raplesyrup1

03-06-2010

Best rammus build is 6 sunfire capes. You dont even need boots.

Adorno

03-06-2010

Sunfire is always win. Especially against casters. They're all, "We can't handle the damage at close range!" and all "We can't invest in an anti-armor item like sword of devine b/c we use to much magic." BAM! BLADOW!

decilittle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2010

@Starter

You have no idea what you're talking about. My best game with rammus was 23/2/10 and heres the items i bought in this order:
+3 speed boots
thornmail
wordens mail
sunfire cape
sunfire cape
guardian angel

I was able to take their whole team head on and kill 3 before the other two ran. Please learn a little about champs before you talk about em. 80% reduced damage isnt good? Gtfo

ZO KidKaiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2010

o.o whats all this talk about useless sunfire capes?
last i checked, stacked SC was pretty darn pwnage..

anyways. i play rammus. quite alot actually. i average out about 3 deaths every game when i play rammus. kills/assists pretty much depends. i'd say 2/1/2 ratio. but since im averaged at around 3 deaths 2/1/2 isnt so accurate. anyways. here's the build i go when i play Rammus the Armordillo.

end game items
ninja tabi
glacial shard
aegis of legion
frozen mallet
guardian angel
banshee's veil

that should be about it? hmm havent played Rammus for awhile.

TaigaStance

Recruiter

03-06-2010

Sunfires are weak against champions. The damage/sec is just so pitiful, and you'd be better off sitting on their group with Tremors and Defensive Curl on, while your team unloads their burst damage abilities/attacks.

Marmatag

03-06-2010

I have had a ton of fun stacking sunfire capes on rammus. optimal strategy? Probably not. Really fun against drastically outleveled champs? Absolutely.

True Bandito

03-06-2010

Whenever I see Rammus on the other team, I automatically assume he is a good player. To do anything less would be suicide. Especially if he has Flash.

GENERAL NUTBAKED

03-06-2010

sunfire cape is good. most of the suggested item builds stack armor and the accompanying special effects, but none of them have any health (unless you count heart of gold)

you could have MAD armor, but you want more than 2k health. And Warmogs ain't gonna cut it on a hero like rammus. Sunfire cape is the way to go, imo. That, or atleast get a Rylai's or something.

MBirk

03-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GkCHN View Post
Sunfires are weak against champions. The damage/sec is just so pitiful, and you'd be better off sitting on their group with Tremors and Defensive Curl on, while your team unloads their burst damage abilities/attacks.
Except you know, sunfire stacks with those things.
You already will be in melee range doing aoe with powerball, and tremors.
Damage reflecting with def curl, and taunt also forces your target to run into your sunfire aoe range.
So 200dps tremors, 80dps sunfirex2.

sunfire is great on rammus. Yes, thornmail is also amazing, and should be taken before your sunfires likely. unless there is no phsy dps at all.

Heavy magic team I would build differently.