Ashe - An Advanced Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AutoSponge

03-09-2010

If you need mana on Ashe, go philo stone over chalice because it will generate the money she needs for the items she needs to be good. But if you have blue and gold clarity, you probably don't need either.

IE is by far the best DPS weapon Ashe can get, especially if you ult, run in, volley (with nice bonus from IE), then auto attack--it's a 100% crit chance.

Armor pen ftw.

After IE, get recurve bows and defensive items until you have to combine something for slots.

fatalfencer

03-11-2010

i know this was originally for the item and rune build, just wondering if 21/x/x is a good mastery build, or if she would benefeit from spreading out masteries a little more

Avarion

03-11-2010

Why not grab Last Whisper instead of malady? From what I've seen, the armour penetration is applied to towers as well.

I think either Infinity Edge or Bloodthirster works for Ashe (either, when rushed, can be game breaking). Buy one, then move on to survival items. Don't forget to pack Ghost and Cleanse. I find them so useful on Ashe. =)

EarthStorm

03-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitemageofDOOM View Post
While Ashe is a pretty reasonable character, she is not a champion who should focus on the deeps, ashe's best use is to spam volley.

Chalice
Mercury Treads
Brutalizer
Last Whisper or Banshees veil

Is a much stronger ashe build.
This.

Tho I would probably get a catalyst and not the Chalice, and if you don't need the mana like some ppl have mentioned I would get the Brut first...getting it later on is kinda pointless.

ObjectiveTruth

03-11-2010

I totally agree with OP

Mana scaling mana regen is the way to go. More volleys more usefulness.

Ashe i've found is a utility hero first, then dps hero since she IE before she starts to do some serious dmg.

Slow is utility, the mega stun is also utility.

I haven't seen anyone talk about summoner spells here:

I run CV and Teleport.

It's not good early game but i play pretty defensive. Late game its amazing. since you have such a grerat initiator ult, you can find the enemies who are creeping and OMGWTFPWN them. Also teleport is great because you can cast your arrow and then appear next to the enemy ready to ROFLSTOMP them.

Rallos

03-11-2010

My usual ashe built is totally diferent :
Rejuvenation bead + Faerie Charm + 1 Health potion.
Upgrade Faerie Charm to Stinger.
Buy Brutaliser.
Buy Berzerker Boots.
Buy Infinity's Edge.
Buy Bloodthirsted
Then Stark's Fervor (games finishes before this).
Then Bloodthirster or Black Cleaver (Tank heavy enemies).

With 9/0/21 and Runes Red/Blue (resist magic/level) Yellow (Mana regen/Level) Quint (Cooldown)
I'm at like 29% to 35% CDR and infinite mana. Flash + Teleport as skills.

You can spam Multi with a 3.5sec cooldown and ulti every time its up (even if you do not hit anyone
its a great way to put pressure, if your ulti lands, its a 3.5 sec stun , guaranteed kill + assist).

It's not very dps heavy, but ashe is a suport carry, not a true carry like tristana.

I just wished they changed Plentifull Bounty to 10/15/20/25/30% more gold (passive).
1 skill less than tristana, but one 2500G item to compensate after 30 Mins.

flat eric

03-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avarion View Post
Why not grab Last Whisper instead of malady? From what I've seen, the armour penetration is applied to towers as well.

I think either Infinity Edge or Bloodthirster works for Ashe (either, when rushed, can be game breaking). Buy one, then move on to survival items. Don't forget to pack Ghost and Cleanse. I find them so useful on Ashe. =)
Just reiterating an important point. There is no reason to get defensive items early if you're not getting focused or good at avoiding damage. Just keep making damage items.

The sooner you get yourself and IE and BT the better you're going to farm and snowball over the other team.

Also, cleanse is nice considering it's on a much shorter cooldown than flash, but flash has the option of being offensive as well (ie. Going in range of a tower that's attacking your creeps, blasting a low health opponent and flashing out. You can land your ult, an autoattack, a volly, and another autoattack while taking at most 1-2 tower hits.