HALP ! "Could not load direct3d" - Loader Error !

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cap0ne

04-30-2011

Game crashes when I double click the LoL icon, and gives me a loader error that says "Could not load direct3d."

I've uninstalled/reinstalled/updated my graphics drivers, directX, .net framework, my Window Service pack, AND LoL.. All of them atleast twice, and STILL getting this error.

When I first installed on this computer I was getting the "Pixel Shader 2.0" error, but after re-installing my graphics driver that error went away and was replaced with the error I'm posting about now.

I'm running windows xp pro, 32 bit.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2011

Can you please upload a DxDiag?

- Press Windows Key + R
- Type in 'DXDiag' and press enter
- If prompted for WHQL verification, hit yes
- Save a DXDiag to your desktop
- Select 'go advanced' below, and upload the DXDiag

Cap0ne

04-30-2011

Attachment 164840

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2011

If you upload it to pastebin or something just link to it :-) Copy-paste is a bit messy, too long. :-)

Cap0ne

04-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eambo View Post
If you upload it to pastebin or something just link to it :-) Copy-paste is a bit messy, too long. :-)
I edited it.

Should be good now bud !

Cap0ne

04-30-2011

O.o

Eambo

04-30-2011

Cap0ne, has this ever worked? It looks like you don't meet the minimum requirements for League of Legends. You can confirm this by going to http://canyourunit.com and running a test against LoL, but you don't seem to have Shader Model 2.0

CManthe

05-01-2011

I'm getting the same error, but I'm trying to run LoL in a Virtual Machine. I've attached my DxDiag.txt, and when I tried the Canyourunit.com site, it told me that I didn't have a video card at all. Is there any way that I can solve this?

Note: This is one of the many solutions I've been trying in order to play such a wonderful game on my Linux based OS, Ubuntu.

Xeuras

05-03-2011

Long story short, you won't be running LoL in a virtual machine unless it has d3d support (which was experimental in vmware, last I checked). Double check whether there's any d3d support for your VM, and if not, run it under wine (which was working prior to the most recent patcher update).

b0ooo

05-05-2011

1. update your graphics driver.

If that doesn't work then go to 2:
2. close all videos / music that are playing in your browser or in the background.

If those dont work then go to step 3:
3. close everything and open lol.

If it still doesn't work, gg? I had the same problem, but now it works. I didn't have to do this before the new patch and I was already using the beta loader.