FlizzyBolt's Ryze Thread :D

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FlizzyBolts

03-06-2010

Hey. I'm pretty new to the whole League of Legends game. I used to play DotA casually, and it was a nightmare. Currently i'm focusing on Ryze as being my main hero, and I was hoping to get some feedback, and maybe some tips on my skill build. Keep in mind that I usually solo middle, and I like to harass champions early to mid game.

OL = Overload
RP = Rune Prison
SF = Spell Flux
ULT = Desperate Power

1. SF 1
2. RP 1
3. SF 2
4. OL 1
5. SF 3
6. ULT 1
7. RP 2
8. SF 4
9. OL 2
10. OL 3
11. ULT 2
12. SF 5
13. RP 3
14. OL 4
15. OL 5
16. ULT 3
17. RP 4
18. RP 5

Also concerning the ultimate. Is the 65% added to the 100% of your attack against your target, or is it just 65% to those in the area of your target?

I also realize that their are guides, but I like to try things on my own before I use someone else's guide.

Trio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2010

If you like to harass a lot early game going overload first and getting tear of the goddess will usually get you farther, though spell flux in combination with ryze's ulti is what gets kills.

Usually what I do is build my tear and my catalyst and boots first as ryze and get one of all three abilities in the first three levels, then use overload to harass people in my lane as I alternate skilling up overload and spell flux until they are both maxed (taking the ulti whenever it's up).

Usually just being able to flash in or whatever and tossing out those two spells plus ability power and ulti can kill someone in a gank without having to use rune prison much early, though it's nice to have to for using overload more often once your mana pool is high enough. That's about it I think.

EDIT: concerning the ultimate technically you can count it as adding the 65% of the AOE dmg to the 100% of the normal damage on spell flux regardless because of how it bounces, but I don't think it increases the damage on say overload or rune prison by 65% because they are single target.

wildfire393

03-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenbait View Post
If you like to harass a lot early game going overload first and getting tear of the goddess will usually get you farther, though spell flux in combination with ryze's ulti is what gets kills.
Spell flux does STUPID damage at first level. If you can catch a top/bottom lane before their minions show up, it does ~200 to one of them and ~150 to the other. Every cast. It is always better taking Spell Flux first level as Ryze.

However, additional levels of Spell Flux do not provide as much bonus as some of his other spells. It gets all of its MR reduction at the first level, additional levels only give a bit more damage. Rune Prison increases its duration (and thus AP Ratio) every level, giving you longer to unload on them and more damage overall.

I would suggest a skillbuild like this:

1 - Spellflux
2 - Rune Prison
3 - Rune Prison
4 - Overload (2 and 4 could also be swapped if you want to have access to all three spells at level 3)
5 - Rune Prison
6 - Ult
7 - Rune Prison
8 - Spell Flux
9 - Rune Prison
10 - Spell Flux
11 - Ult
12 - Spell Flux
13 - Spell Flux
14 - Overload
15 - Overload
16 - Ult
17 - Overload
18 - Overload

zoau

03-06-2010

i agree with spell flux as first spell. its amazing for those bush encounters. one level in overload is 3rd for me and then its either going for lvl4 prison asap to make your ganks work or get those lvls into spell flux for better farmin if for some reason you wont gank in your lane (tanks with early magic res) cuz that will make you some money and harass at the same time . overload is maxed last ofc and i dont build tear anymore but go catalyst or sorc boots first (decide if im more in or if more a danger) and start getting golem for regen when i hae my ult. that buff, banshees, sorc boots and elixier makes OP midgame

FlizzyBolts

03-06-2010

Only reason I get Rune Prison at level 2 is because if I can hold the target in place while I get close to it I am able to get a couple of bounces from Spell Flux thus causing nice damage.

Quote:
EDIT: concerning the ultimate technically you can count it as adding the 65% of the AOE dmg to the 100% of the normal damage on spell flux regardless because of how it bounces, but I don't think it increases the damage on say overload or rune prison by 65% because they are single target.
I was pretty confident that I was correct after fighting with an enemy Ryze over it. 165% damage seems a bit overpowered doing almost double the damage, then the 65% aoe.

Also, I am a new player, so generally I go for the recommended items. Is there a certain order I should get them in, or should I go with something completely different?

The Promise

03-06-2010

1. Pick Ryze
2. Roll Face
3. ???
4. Profit

=D Have fun Brotato.

Zombie Irwin

03-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
Spell flux does STUPID damage at first level. If you can catch a top/bottom lane before their minions show up, it does ~200 to one of them and ~150 to the other. Every cast. It is always better taking Spell Flux first level as Ryze.

However, additional levels of Spell Flux do not provide as much bonus as some of his other spells. It gets all of its MR reduction at the first level, additional levels only give a bit more damage. Rune Prison increases its duration (and thus AP Ratio) every level, giving you longer to unload on them and more damage overall.

I would suggest a skillbuild like this:

1 - Spellflux
2 - Rune Prison
3 - Rune Prison
4 - Overload (2 and 4 could also be swapped if you want to have access to all three spells at level 3)
5 - Rune Prison
6 - Ult
7 - Rune Prison
8 - Spell Flux
9 - Rune Prison
10 - Spell Flux
11 - Ult
12 - Spell Flux
13 - Spell Flux
14 - Overload
15 - Overload
16 - Ult
17 - Overload
18 - Overload

thats exactly how i go with mine and i usually do pretty well

FlizzyBolts

03-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Promise View Post
1. Pick Ryze
2. Roll Face
3. ???
4. Profit

=D Have fun Brotato.
I'm interested in as to why you posted upon this thread? Clearly you get owned by even the most newbie Ryze. I would suggest asking questions from some really pro Ryze's about how they can be countered.