How depressed do loss streaks get you?

1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

04-30-2011

I get depressed enough to quit playing anything but co-op vs. AI for over a month.

Myocardial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Frank View Post
I get depressed enough to quit playing anything but co-op vs. AI for over a month.

I actually succumbed to playing some co-op vs ai, just so I wouldn't uninstall the game.

Spyrobuddy

04-30-2011

I'm + 150 wins

Abe Jantz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-30-2011

Yeah, just after the first couple games of leavers and "Ragetastic' team's, I also chill out with some good old co-op vs. ai. Always seems to be fun and calm my sadness.

AnAverageHero

04-30-2011

i just got out of a rut. every time i tried to play for 4 days, i lost, no matter how well i did KDR wise (not saying i didnt make mistakes). only advice i can offer is find a duo queue partner

NoShogun

04-30-2011

i went from 1200 down to 800 this weekend. I've had in my past 10 games. 5 leavers and 3 trolls

Myocardial

04-30-2011

I am sad because it feels like I don't have a fair chance of winning. Why can't Matchmaker just match you with fair teams instead of trying to make ppl go 50/50 win/loss?

Katic

04-30-2011

Im not overly concerned with winning more often then losing. But losing several times in a row blows. Especially when the games dont even feel competitive. Dont mind losing as much if the games feel competitive.

Iateurcookie

04-30-2011

Might I make a suggestion? Find a champion who is good at the lost art of poking. I used to use Janna because the range on her tornado thingy is realllllyyyyyy long and it wipes out their minions like craziness. The reason is this: People like changing lanes. People like getting kills. People don't like getting hit from people they can't hit back, because all of those little "pokes" add up and they have to use their heal and run away and blah blah blah.

Basically it makes them wanna change lanes and get kills because you're a cowardly poker. Well on the enemy map, lets say one of their team mates is doing good...they're like "Meh, i know! i'm so awesome I am gonna go take care of that annoying person who's been on the map and not dying" so they come to your lane too, and you keep being cowardy and poking, and usually one or both of the original people in the lane leave because they're not having fun and they're getting less minion kills than you (on of the glories of being a good poker is also being a good minion killer) so now it's you vs. new guy, and he gets annoyed with you too.

So now you port back to your base and spend all your gold and watch your map for a few seconds to see if your minions are still tracking new guy on your lane, or you look for other empty lanes (with so much lane-chaging due to people being annoyed with you, a lot of people group up in the middle and leave one of the lanes unguarded) so since you annoyed people into confusion, go and nuke those minions with your new +80 ability power thingy you just bought and rush/destroy their turrets, and retreat-poke them until they stop chasing you or die.

Probably the highest survivability poker is Zilean because of his time shift ability, and the nice thing about pokers is that you have escape abilities so you don't have to waste your spell slots on escape abilities unless you want to. My new favorite poker is Nidalee, but really you can pick whoever you like, just so long as they can be a "avoid direct combat and kill lots of minion" players. Also nice is, when you actually DO decide to fight people are so used to you poking and running that they usually get their butts handed to them when you fight because you always have more health when you start the fight and can get around better.

The benefits of doing this is A) it keeps their champions from being fed B) it levels you consistantly and gets you good gold C) it usually draws attention from other lanes to yours, and if you're a good poker you can usually successfully poke 3 people (not do heavy damage, just annoy and keep them from taking towers) so that means your champions are OWNINGG the other lanes D) when you have enough gold to suit your needs, jump ship from your lane because there is almost always an unprotected lane by that point in the game (usually mid game, and your team is usually winnning because of your annoying/distracting efforts). E) You're winning the "push your minions forward" game. This is especially easy with Janna or Zilean because you can hit them and/OR wipe out their minions from a huge distance, forcing them to retreat or needlessly take damage from your minions while you cower in the background.

It's a bit more boring than pimping out Shaco or Yi but it is a lot more effective at leveling in the match and winning.

Elite Midget

04-30-2011

I get depressed... One game I have players on my level. After winning I get into game after game with people that overextend, don't buy wards, only pick squishy champions, and ect... It's depressing.

1234567 ... 9