[GUIDE] Ujeye's TL;DR Roaming Alistar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ujeye

04-30-2011

Hi guys, I'm a lurker. I check these boards every 2 hours that I'm awake. I've seen alot of 'Wtf do I do with Alistar' threads lately and I've decided to share my roaming Alistar build. I'm not a ranked player. This does not mean I'm not a tryhard. This build DOES work.

9x Mpen Marks
9x Scaling Mp5 Seals
9x Scaling MR Glyphs
3x MoveSpeed Quints

0/9/21

Flash/Exhaust

Q>W>E before roaming

R>Q>W>E after

Regrowth Pendant, 1x Red Potion

First recall after obtaining all 3 abilities and about 800g

Purchase Philosopher's Stone, Boots 1, and a ward.

Heart of Gold

Go 1 of 3 ways from here, depending on the game.You'll need all 3 of these items, how you get there doesn't matter so much as long as you do.

Upgraded boots (I prefer mobility)
Aegis of the Legion
Mejai's Soulstealer

Mejai's will make you hurt all game long. Aegis will help you during early teamfights. The core costs 5785 gold (w/ Mobility). Easily obtainable, even while roaming with the 2 gold/5 items. After completing the core, upgrade to Shurelya's Reverie and Randuin's Omen respectively. Making excellent use of the actives is key to late game. For those who don't like stacking items, in place of Mejai's I recommend Rylai's Crystal Scepter. It'll give you a fair boost to Hp/AP and allow your passive to slow which gives loads of utility.

Gank combo is Flash, Q, Exhaust, walk ahead of exhausted enemy, W towards an ally, E to keep passive ticking.

Tips to good roaming? Here's a few.

Wards...like 15 of them a game. Pink @ dragon and Baron as necessary.

Oracles to kill enemy wards.

Help your jungler. I don't mean steal his XP, but if he's in hot water, you're the number 1 candidate to bail him out.

Be at teamfights....sounds silly, but seriously. *I prefer boots of mobility*

Map awareness wins games. All 4 of the above points are simply that.

Thanks for reading, try it out, and please up vote if you like!

Draghinaazzo

04-30-2011

I dont like your combo. Flash, Q, land your W, THEN exhaust. Don't exhaust before you land your knock back.

Ujeye

04-30-2011

With the lack of stun duration on Q, I find exhaust fits where it's needed. With just boots 1, early on, it can be difficult due to positioning to land said headbutt prior to exhausting the target.

Exhaust will not always be up, however. You still need to land Q then W the old fashioned way in most scenarios. During team fight initiation, saving exhaust for an enemy carry mid-fight is also advisable.

ThaFallenLord

04-30-2011

Looks nice, ima try it the next time i play alistar :3

Dekotis

04-30-2011

Seems viable, not really a big alistar fan but it's a pretty sound build.