How is my Cho'Gath Build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zrich

03-05-2010

Well i finally found a build i like on him, so i was wondering what other people thought of it or how it was maybe inferior to other builds. Let me know what you think

Keep in mind that im only lvl 15 atm

Runes: All Attack speed

Masteries 6/0/9 atm (will be 21/0/9 eventually)

Skills: Heal and flash, thats what i had on there before so i left it lol, any suggestions here for skills would be appreciated

items:
1)Warmogs - Hp/regen
2)Usually Merc Treads - speed/40% slow reduction (if the other team has almost no one who can stun/slow i might go berzerk greaves)
3)Madreds Bloodrazor - damage, attack speed, armor
4)Soul Shroud - HP and mana regen and cooldown reduction
5)Force of Nature - MR and HP/5
6)Frozen Mallet (havent ever gotten this yet in a match) hp/damage and slow

Basically without the mallet, i end up with 4k+ HP (could hit 4.8-5k with mallet), like 150+hp/sec and like 150+ attack power +60 from vorpal, and around 1.2 attack speed. He's mostly a tank with some damage too, i usually go even or above even, but struggle with some kills, some are usually from feasting a low HP champion in a team fight. But the past 3 games my team has won because i can sit in the mid for hours on end taking punishment while the other team wears down and we can keep pushing or kill them.

So let me know what you think, i'm a good tank but i kinda want more attack too, suggestions?

Br0ckSams0n

03-05-2010

150+hp/sec? Are you sure you did your math correctly? Thats effing crazy broski. Great build.

Stoneglacier

03-05-2010

The HP regen rates are per 5 seconds, not per second.

Luzza

03-05-2010

My main is Cho, and I typically end up either even or more likely a +ve KDR (unless someone else has fed). My spells are Cleanse and flash, as cleanse will typically help you get out of a group fight and flash is for both offense and defense.

My build is:
Warmhogs (health stone first)
Ninja Tabi (with the dodge speed mastery)
then, depending on the enemy team composition I got thornmail or banshee's veil
Then Frozen Mallet
Then whatever I didn't get before out of thornmail and banshee's.

As long as you stay fully feasted from minions (also increasing the benefit from warmhogs), you become a very imposing figure with a lot of health and armour, and when you start silencing and rupturing, you'll become enough of a target to let your team do some dps.

And since you are taking all the risks, it is only fair you get a KS with a feast every now and again!

Hope that helps a bit.

Zrich

03-06-2010

ok thanks, i guess being a tank means NOT getting every kill like i did with Ryze, i think my build is decent, and sorry, my HP/5 sec was 221/5 (according to the character builder). But it's usually around 150/5 before i get the force of nature.

bluemax

03-07-2010

I usually play MFing Cho'Gath build and worry more about staying alive and and terrorizing while taking down turrets and worry less about KDR.