AD or AP Ez

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AzhÍll

04-29-2011

I recently bought Ezreal, but whos the better build on him?

Attack damage or Ability power. I have seen many of both, and i listened that AD Ezreal was nerfed, its that true?

So, whos the better choice?

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2011

AD ez has been buffed the last 2 times. Although hybrid has become viable with the last patch. AP is kind of weak since they took away the heal and only brings burst to the table.

Number V

04-29-2011

AD Ezreal was nerfed pretty hard, but basically AP ezreal is god early and midgame but dies off lategame. The thing is your E is a good portion of your damage as AP Ez, and you really should be saving that for escaping instead of attacking. AD Ez can carry hard lategame as is very hard to catch flashing around and with his insane q range. Lots of kiting fun with red buff. Coupled with a Trinity Force, you will do crazy amounts of burst damage and still have great autoattacks. I'd recommend AD

JayAce

04-29-2011

AD Ezreal is also fairly good early game. Depending on your playstyle you can get FB @ level 2. With ArP reds and assuming that most champions are ~15-35 armor @ level 1, you will do near full damage at that level.

I play AD Ezreal almost exclusively and haven't even tried a hybrd/ AP build yet. I've seen an enemy Ezreal go AP build, and he got flamed hard by this teammates. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Thubgar

04-29-2011

hybrid stays more relevant well into the late game, but thus far it's given me mana troubles in the lvl9 range.
with the new patch, hybrid items give him more overall damage than either ad or ap alone, and his ult gets downright disturbingly powerful.

Sumutherguy

04-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number V View Post
but basically AP ezreal is god early and midgame but dies off lategame.
What? He's one of the best lategame aoe'ers in the game, ratio-wise. AP Ez is weak early, and strong late, as he requires lichbane to be really effective and scales very well for having 2 aoe's.

It's AD that tapers, off, as one is required to rely more and more on autoattacks rather than mystic shot lategame (it just doesnt apply enough multipliers) while his base magic damage from the other three abilities becomes less and less useful and he's forced to use them for utility and sniping.

AP ezreal is more of a waiting game with a really weak early game (until lichbane) and then becoming a mage-carry late with high-scaling, low-cooldown aoes and great poking, while AD is more of a "dominate from level one and win before anyone catches up" build (or at least last time i played him that way it was).

KyranX

04-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number V View Post
AD Ezreal was nerfed pretty hard, but basically AP ezreal is god early and midgame but dies off lategame.
Wth have you been smoking? or do you just not know how to play ezreal? AP ezreal have a horrible early game considering how AP items cost a fortune and the AP ratios of his skills are so bad you atleast need a rabadons for some decent AP bonus damage into his W and E. And lets not forget W drains all his mana like a ***** and E is a completely unreliable offensive skill. In any case it is AP Ezreal that was nerfed hard in the sense that they lowered the AP ratio for his skills and took out the healing from W. AD Ezreal been getting buffed up lately. And by far AD Ezreal dominates Early - Mid game and still holds his ground into Late game.

Fluffy1

04-30-2011

hes best as a merged hybrid, hes great at the start as AD since his Q is his farming and harrassing tool early mid so a manume rush works ok on him and ive seen builds that then use that mana pool to build an archangels for AP.

Draghinaazzo

04-30-2011

Early game both builds get the same items (sheen boots) so both do well. Mid game ad is better than AP just because AD items are good stand alone where as AP you need hextech+rabbadons+lichbane (esp. the lichbane) before its good. Late game AP totaly dominates AD, especially in team fights. AoEs for 600+ mystic shots for 1.2k and ults for 1.4k.