Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Shaco: DPS or burst assassin?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bagolrice

04-29-2011

Ive been playin shaco for a few weeks now, and i would like some feedback.

I don't do too well with DPS shaco (madreds, phantomdancer, etc) because i would need to be inside the teamfight to do anything and Shaco is incredibly squishy.

Another idea i havent tried yet is to go triforce, since with deceive crits for 320% or something, I can go up to a 1500 damage crit with triforce and infinity edge.

What do you guys think? DPS Shaco or Burst Shaco?

Number V

04-29-2011

Triforce Shaco with IE is my preference. Shaco is just way too squishy to run with DPS imho. Madreds may be a nice item later on but definitely not too great with core. I suggesting going:
Wriggles
Sheen
Triforce
Banshee Veil/GA
IE

Triforce is so strong midgame if you can farm it with kills. It can really help you snowball well into the lategame.

EPIC Baws

04-30-2011

Sure Burst sound cool but u only do something every 10 sec.
Dps is imo the way to go. Try getting Black Clever phantom dancer boots of mobility Banshee veil Wriggle lantern and Infinity edge .

It might cost a lot but then again YOU SHOULD BE FED!
People play shaco cause he gank like crazy!
Sure u will most likely get destroy in team fight UNLESS u know who to focus and how to avoid all the CC.

Of course if burst fit more ur play style then by all mean follow it. If u like burst u might also like AP shaco.

Kirakai

04-30-2011

alot of matches i see shaco is built burst. flash in or invisible then spam everything you got. use your clone to get out and have the enemy noob take damage from your clone. far too squishy to be built DPS although that is how the current metagame is going right now :/

Shubaku

04-30-2011

Jungle and get wrigglers, then boots (Mobility or Berseker), then Bloodrazor.

Yes, you're squishy, very squishy. They key is to strike at the right moment, after the fight has started and most spells have been fired. Choose wisely the target. At this point, with your clone, you can take anyone down, fast.

Thats what I do. I believe DPS is the way to go. Haven't tryed Infinity Edge, however.
One way or another, your a Glass Cannon.