lee sin and the downvotes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tidy Cat

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSneakyGit View Post
I have no reason to play Lee when I can just rape the hell out of my lanes as Brand instead.
*tips hat back and wipes some grease on his overalls*

Wellp, here's yer problem right here. You think you're an above average player because you play Brand. And you can see here that's what's makin' your perception all wonky. Playing a respectable champ might help you gain some perspective, not makin any promises but with a bit of luck it might just work.

DaSneakyGit

05-12-2011

Apparently playing and/or mentioning Brand once and while means I play Brand constantly. Also, a champ with 2 skillshots is apparently easy mode now. I guess Ezreal must be even easier then. Let's just ignore that I've mentioned Udyr is a much better choice than Lee Sin, especially as a jungler. Or does playing Udyr make my skill level somehow go down?

People in this thread need to wave their epeen elsewhere.

BigCBear

05-12-2011

I play Sin nearly every other game now despite the whining in-queue, and I agree with you on all points but I think Lee's QQ should be more rewarding as it can be a difficult shot to land, and when an opponent is at full health, the damage-difficulty ratio isn't proportional. If I were to change Lee up, I would do all you mention 1 or 2 of the following buffs (obviously not more of them):

1) W could block one spell/attack vs the seriously low damage shield.
2) W could retain the low damage shield component but stun the opponent who broke the shield for .5-1 sec.
3) Q could silence the 1 or all of the opponents it strikes (similar to Cho's) for 1-2 sec. This may make shooting minions more rewarding if you clip a champ and silence him/her.
4) QQ could stun the target for .5-.75 sec and should have a long 2nd-Q range. This is no more than Sion's (1.5sec) but requires a skillshot. It closes the gap but I wouldn't make the stun last more than .75 sec.
5) R is tricky because it's so situational. I like the tricky-ult concept, but it should be more rewarding. It should stun for one second. I guess I'm a little sad that the monk doesn't have a stun :P.

REMEMBER! I think that AT MOST 2 of these additions should be made. Though I highly doubt any of them ever will be. At worst Lee is a little UP ATM, and I don't Riot will be hurling huge improvements on him anytime soon. It would be great if every bad team I was on didn't blame the Lee Sin, whine about someone picking him in the queue, or dodge queue completely because someone locked-in Lee Sin.

CerBeRuZ

05-12-2011

Quote:
Apparently playing and/or mentioning Brand once and while means I play Brand constantly. Also, a champ with 2 skillshots is apparently easy mode now. I guess Ezreal must be even easier then. Let's just ignore that I've mentioned Udyr is a much better choice than Lee Sin, especially as a jungler. Or does playing Udyr make my skill level somehow go down?

People in this thread need to wave their epeen elsewhere.
"I'm an above average player and I'm not waving my epeen. It's just true that I'm good!"

Gotcha!

I don't build Sheen at all. I guess you can't even look at my build properly. Keep building Sheen like HSGG. He's bad with Lee Sin. lols

CerBeRuZ

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annihilis View Post
I play Sin nearly every other game now despite the whining in-queue, and I agree with you on all points but I think Lee's QQ should be more rewarding as it can be a difficult shot to land, and when an opponent is at full health, the damage-difficulty ratio isn't proportional. If I were to change Lee up, I would do all you mention 1 or 2 of the following buffs (obviously not more of them):

1) W could block one spell/attack vs the seriously low damage shield.
2) W could retain the low damage shield component but stun the opponent who broke the shield for .5-1 sec.
You have to consider that, aside from the low damage shield, the fact that Lee dashes out of combat also quantifies as damage 'evaded'. Therefore, it's actually 200 damage + all the damage you would have taken if you stayed in that position. It's a hefty amount of damage protection.
3) Q could silence the 1 or all of the opponents it strikes (similar to Cho's) for 1-2 sec. This may make shooting minions more rewarding if you clip a champ and silence him/her.
4) QQ could stun the target for .5-.75 sec and should have a long 2nd-Q range. This is no more than Sion's (1.5sec) but requires a skillshot. It closes the gap but I wouldn't make the stun last more than .75 sec.
They can't do this because QQ already deals a seriously high burst early/mid/late game. Perhaps you have to look into your item list. If not, it's probably the speed of your farming. Gotto last hit harder to get your items faster.
5) R is tricky because it's so situational. I like the tricky-ult concept, but it should be more rewarding. It should stun for one second. I guess I'm a little sad that the monk doesn't have a stun :P.
It does 'stun'. The 1-2 sec that your target is being knocked back is similar to a stun. You can hit him with Q, R, then 2nd Q.

REMEMBER! I think that AT MOST 2 of these additions should be made. Though I highly doubt any of them ever will be. At worst Lee is a little UP ATM, and I don't Riot will be hurling huge improvements on him anytime soon. It would be great if every bad team I was on didn't blame the Lee Sin, whine about someone picking him in the queue, or dodge queue completely because someone locked-in Lee Sin.
Lee is not UP at all. He just has a higher skill curve. If you don't get to that part of the curve, you won't witness how deadly he is. Talking about it in the forums is useless. You really just have to witness it.

DaSneakyGit

05-12-2011

Above average counts as epeen these days? I'm flattered. Sorry I got an item wrong, silly me. Brutalizer was right, and sheen isn't bad at all. Let's just agree to disagree since you don't like being told what you think is wrong and I'm apparently not high enough in a rank queue that means nothing outside of a 5v5 to have a valid opinion.

Also, who watches other players? I mean...really?

CerBeRuZ

05-12-2011

Quote:
Sorry I got an item wrong, silly me. Brutalizer was right, and sheen isn't bad at all.

Also, who watches other players? I mean...really?
Saphire Stone + Amplifying Tome. (400gold + 435gold = 835gold)
Long Sword 2x = 830gold (aiming to build Hexdrinker instead of Sheen)

You benefit with Hexdrinker not only by increasing the damage of your abilities but also the 2 auto-attacks that comes after it. Why build a Sheen that gives you so much wasted stats and only gives you 1 bonus damage? It doesn't even strengthen your abilities.

Sheen isn't a bad item. It IS bad for Lee. Get stuck at recommended list. psh

Actually, a lot of people do. Watching streams of actually 'above-average' players. Not a 1300 player who claims he is above-average.

CerBeRuZ

05-12-2011

Here's a reference. It's 9 solo queues and 1 duo.