lee sin and the downvotes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerBeRuZ

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSneakyGit View Post
I have yet to see any Lee Sin do well. I have tried several builds on him and, while I'm not super pro I do consider myself an above average player with a firm grasp on game mechanics since I have years of experience in dota games/played LoL for over a year, and have yet to really have any success with Lee.
You're 1322 rated. You're not above average. You're just one of the many players who spend too much time in the forums rather than learning/practicing. Look up. I just gave an example of how deadly Lee can be.

DaSneakyGit

05-12-2011

Oh no...I only played less than 50 games in ranked and only got to 1441 in Solo queue, yes I am terrible. Oh wait, that's not anything to judge on because I didn't stick around long enough to get an accurate rating and had no one to duo queue with. Before they completely hid normal mode elo before ranked came out i was in the 1600's. I'd probably be higher if I picked heroes that are actually useful instead of constantly playing underused champs.

You didn't give any advice or say how Lee is deadly, you posted some screenshots of a bunch of good games. If I wasn't at work I'd look you up too and and blab about stats and ratings, because obviously that is the end all be all of someones skill level.

I'm not knocking you or your play, if you do good with him good for you. By and large though Lee Sin's get owned, and he's not THAT difficult to use. Max Q, take 1 level of tempest for a slow, get shield. Harrass with a Q, q again, dash out onto an ally creep etc etc. The truth is that an intelligently played ranged hero, and anyone with a CC especially, will punish Lee for harrassing/trying to farm far more than he could ever punish them.

I do not fear Lee Sins, and I don't think I ever will. Why play Lee Sin when I can use Blitz and pull people to me instead of going to them, and then also knocking them up, and then also silencing them. He's cool, he's an interesting design, but he isn't that good.

Edit: What I'm trying to say here is Solo queue rank is a joke. People who try to use it for analysis are a joke. It is a crapshoot at best with the same tired set of champs. I stick to normal because you see more diversity in team lineups and 80 times less *****ing. I have nothing personal against you, so please do not attack me with nothing more than some stat nonsense. Discuss with manners please. Continue to dominate with Lee please by all means, make a video if you can I'd like to see it, perhaps I'm missing something or perhaps you just have good lane help I don't know, carry on my monkish friend.

B33TL3

05-12-2011

14-9-22 Lee Sin, after my Jungle was set back because our Shaco decided to take our blue first.

Was up against Vayne, Kayle, GP, Twitch, Rumble. Thornmail was my last item.

Lee Sin is fine.

DaSneakyGit

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by B33TL3 View Post
14-9-22 Lee Sin, after my Jungle was set back because our Shaco decided to take our blue first.

Was up against Vayne, Kayle, GP, Twitch, Rumble. Thornmail was my last item.

Lee Sin is fine.

MDPS usually does do fine when you have 0 CC to go against...you'd probably woulda done even better using Yi. I think a giant missing link in most of these "i got X/X/X score with lin l2p" posts is what the team comps were consisting of.

Hell, Udyr would have been an even better choice in that game and would have been more useful bringing a stun to the fights and jungling faster.

B33TL3

05-12-2011

Quote:
MDPS usually does do fine when you have 0 CC to go against...you'd probably woulda done even better using Yi. I think a giant missing link in most of these "i got X/X/X score with lin l2p" posts is what the team comps were consisting of.

Hell, Udyr would have been an even better choice in that game and would have been more useful bringing a stun to the fights and jungling faster.
Lee Sin is one of the faster Junglers, I was screwed over because our Shaco was an idiot.
But my point is, Lee Sin doesn't need a buff, as I've gotten good scores like that on Pre-arranged 5v5's. Where team comp is generally better.

CerBeRuZ

05-12-2011

Quote:
perhaps I'm missing something
Yep, you're missing practice.

1. Lack of skill.
2. Wrong item-build (I posted mine)
3. Wrong way of playing him. You probably save skills to last hit for kills.

Lee Sin's ult is such a great way of knocking opponent's carry to a really bad position and nuke him at the same time. Learn to use it the right way.

DaSneakyGit

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerBeRuZ View Post
Yep, you're missing practice.

1. Lack of skill.
2. Wrong item-build (I posted mine)
3. Wrong way of playing him. You probably save skills to last hit for kills.

Lee Sin's ult is such a great way of knocking opponent's carry to a really bad position and nuke him at the same time. Learn to use it the right way.
There is no reason to talk smack in forums dude, stop being a rude ass.

1. What skill? Landing Q is not hard, we've had how many skillshots heroes out for how long? I land Brand fireballs just fine, and they move slower than Lee's Q.
2. Sheen? Tri-Force? Brutalizer? Sounds like a standard AD champ build, nothing special here.
3. Only time I last hit with skills is when I can't reach it to last hit without being safe. Also you just contradicted yourself because your earlier farm combo has you using Q to farm with. Good job.

I never attacked your build or skill, stop attacking mine. I also didn't ask for any Lee Sin buffs, I merely stated that he isn't that great. I can't think of anything he does that I couldn't get with another champ better. I like him, I think he's cool, but I've never been caught by a Lee Sin and thought oh no, I'm really screwed. Maybe he rapes certain champs, but what champ doesnt?

If you play well with him good, continue to use him. Many times it comes down less to how you play the hero and more to who your playing against though and who's in your lane with you. Most Solo Queue people actually duo queue and laning with someone who knows how you play helps -a ton- All my games are strictly on my own. I don't know if you duo or not and don't care, but if you do that also factors in.

It isn't black and white he's good/bad, there's too many factors to count. I find him underwhelming and easily dealt with. Same with Vayne, I roasted Vaynes all day yesterday, yet people cry about her. Who knows.

CerBeRuZ

05-12-2011

Quote:
There is no reason to talk smack in forums dude, stop being a rude ass.

1. What skill? Landing Q is not hard, we've had how many skillshots heroes out for how long? I land Brand fireballs just fine, and they move slower than Lee's Q.
Reason why you're stuck in that ELO in the first place. Yes, lack of skill. Practice more.
2. Sheen? Tri-Force? Brutalizer? Sounds like a standard AD champ build, nothing special here.
One of the reasons why you probably don't own with Lee because you use 1 build, fail with it, and keep using it again and again.
3. Only time I last hit with skills is when I can't reach it to last hit without being safe. Also you just contradicted yourself because your earlier farm combo has you using Q to farm with. Good job.
When I said last hit, I meant killing champions. Using your skills to last hit for the kill instead of actually bursting them down to let the team kill the ff faster. Instead, you probably save your burst to get the kill most of the time.
I'm not dissing you. I'm just wondering why you'd consider yourself an 'above-average player' when you're only 1300 rated.

DaSneakyGit

05-12-2011

1. I fail to see how saying I can land skillshots easily means I need more practice? Again you attack my skill and act like you know everything.

2. I was listing YOUR items actually, I do build different things. Thanks.

3. I blow things when I can, I don't attempt to wait to KS as you imply. However given the nature of Q's bonus damage yeah, sometimes it is good to hold off on it, especially when you don't need to use it as a gap closer. Assume and accuse more please.

And if you had actually read my posts you'd know that I said that before ranked was introduced and you could still check your normal game elo, I was always in the 1600's, you'd see why I would say that.

Also, according to Riot 1200 IS average, that's why everyone starts at 1200. Anything above that would be considered "above average" as far as they're concerned. Also, considering that I've only played around 50 ranked games, but have had this game for close to 2 years now, that has little bearing on my "skill." I told you I stopped playing ranked shortly after it came out, the champion selections were stale and I could not stand the constant *****ing, even worse than normal games with people fighting over mid lane and no one picking tanks/support. It was a joke. Ranked is for 5v5 only.

A ButtFruit Tree

05-12-2011

Please give this post down-votes in order to conjure the metaphysical Gruu that devours said votes and reincarnate Urf (the blind monk).