AD Kassadin help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HarbingerOfPain

04-29-2011

i enjoy playing Kassadin alot and i always play him AP (as you should) however i have heard that AD is viable (but not recommended) so im thinking of doing a game against bots or a practice match as AD kassadin and i would like to hear any advice on how to build him or play him

JedimasterDarren

04-29-2011

A fair amount of people on this forum will think you really "need help" if you want to play AD Kassadin. They think you are psycho and will rage/flame/troll. I think you are on the way to becoming an enlightened Kassadin player.

I have played a lot of AD kassadin. He is super fun and is one of the best mid champs IMO. Much better than AP Kassadin in mid. EZ is the only champ I have consistent trouble dominating in mid. Trinity is the key item to AD Kassadin. Here is a suggestion:

21/9/0 Ignite/Exhaust/Cleanse/Teleport to your liking.
Get Spirit of Strength in Defense

Use ArPen Marks and Quints plus MR/lvl and HP/lvl runes
or
Use Attack Speed Marks and Quints (better laning, but gimps your mid/late game damage)

You do NOT need cooldown or mana regen on AD Kassadin

REGROWTH Pendant is great starting item on AD Kassadin. Better than Doran's IMO.

Regrowth Pendant, HP pot
Basic Boots
Sheen ---->Trinity
Vampiric Specter (Thirster or Hextech later)
Treads
Warmogs
Atmas

Or

Regrowth Pendant (sell later for 335 i think, more than Doran's for sure and cost less)
Sheen--->Trinity
Treads
Starks
Atmas/Infinity Edge depending on feeding and need for Armor

If you go Arpen runes, you might want to get Berserker boots early and sell those later in game for treads

For AD Kassadin more than most champs, build to counter their team, in particular the carries. As such, banshees and thornmail are solid choices.

With your passsive juicing your attack speed to 2.5X, you need some life steal and magic resists to stay in team fights. If you get treads and this build, your magic resists is about 105 without any items like Banshee or QSS which you can get as needed. Good idea is just get a negation cloak and build it as 5th or 6th item into Banshee for late game.

Lastly, skill up Q 1st, then 2 spots in netherblade. The mana is really helpful with AD kassadin to spam spells to farm and it gives 15 ArPen plus your 31 is 46 early game. Then scale up Force Pulse, primarily for slow. You will farm well without using spells. So the last four skills you level up are Netherblade, Riftwalk, Netherblade, Netherblade. Some may prefer one in Netherblade early, but at least get one point early unlike many AP kassadin builds.

That is my two cents. Enjoy.

Jedi

ManaBurnSEAL

Master Recruiter

04-29-2011

^ dont listen to that noob, get 5 blood thirster's and a trinity force

HarbingerOfPain

04-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedimasterDarren View Post
A fair amount of people on this forum will think you really "need help" if you want to play AD Kassadin. They think you are psycho and will rage/flame/troll. I think you are on the way to becoming an enlightened Kassadin player.

I have played a lot of AD kassadin. He is super fun and is one of the best mid champs IMO. Much better than AP Kassadin in mid. EZ is the only champ I have consistent trouble dominating in mid. Trinity is the key item to AD Kassadin. Here is a suggestion:

21/9/0 Ignite/Exhaust/Cleanse/Teleport to your liking.
Get Spirit of Strength in Defense

Use ArPen Marks and Quints plus MR/lvl and HP/lvl runes
or
Use Attack Speed Marks and Quints (better laning, but gimps your mid/late game damage)

You do NOT need cooldown or mana regen on AD Kassadin

REGROWTH Pendant is great starting item on AD Kassadin. Better than Doran's IMO.

Regrowth Pendant, HP pot
Basic Boots
Sheen ---->Trinity
Vampiric Specter (Thirster or Hextech later)
Treads
Warmogs
Atmas

Or

Regrowth Pendant (sell later for 335 i think, more than Doran's for sure and cost less)
Sheen--->Trinity
Treads
Starks
Atmas/Infinity Edge depending on feeding and need for Armor

If you go Arpen runes, you might want to get Berserker boots early and sell those later in game for treads

For AD Kassadin more than most champs, build to counter their team, in particular the carries. As such, banshees and thornmail are solid choices.

With your passsive juicing your attack speed to 2.5X, you need some life steal and magic resists to stay in team fights. If you get treads and this build, your magic resists is about 105 without any items like Banshee or QSS which you can get as needed. Good idea is just get a negation cloak and build it as 5th or 6th item into Banshee for late game.

Lastly, skill up Q 1st, then 2 spots in netherblade. The mana is really helpful with AD kassadin to spam spells to farm and it gives 15 ArPen plus your 31 is 46 early game. Then scale up Force Pulse, primarily for slow. You will farm well without using spells. So the last four skills you level up are Netherblade, Riftwalk, Netherblade, Netherblade. Some may prefer one in Netherblade early, but at least get one point early unlike many AP kassadin builds.

That is my two cents. Enjoy.

Jedi
thank you i look forward to trying this out as soon as rumble stops being so much **** fun to play...NOPE still fun! LOL

kwjnfkjsdg

04-29-2011

just because you can build kass AD, doesnt mean you have to build/play him like any other melee dps.

he is not a carry. whether you build him AP or AD, he is an ASSASSIN.

build/play him like a melee carry and you will fail. he's squishier than most, and he doesn't put out enough damage. as a carry, all he has is a mediocre steroid.

as an assassin? he has a silence for mage killing, slow for cc, and THE BEST CHASING TOOL IN THE GAME. play him like an akali or a shaco.

your build should be triforce, merc treads, youmuu's, infi edge, banshees.

but i think you know by now that AP is clearly better, and that AD is only good in troll matches. he is outclassed as a carry and outclassed as an assassin.