Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Cassiopeia help - NOT a QQ thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

karmaiko

04-29-2011

Hi all
Just a bit of background - I've been playing Cassiopeia regularly since she came up in the random rotation a week or three ago. I tried her out of curiosity and picked her up pretty quickly. Since then I've enjoyed highs and lows with her, and overall I find myself excelling with her. I typically finish with a positive score overall even in losses, I assist my team, push lanes well, etc... Essentially, I'm not the proverbial 'noob' and am critical of my playstyle in an effort to improve.

All except against Kat and Eve:
The problem I'm having with Kat is that she can hang back from my Q harass and pop in while dodging any attacks basically giving her free harass on me. I've had zero laning success against any decently played Kat and I'm getting frustrated with no improvement through runes or tactics, or any ideas about how to counter her. And that doesn't even address the instakills she can get once fed.

Second problem is with Eve's burst damage. Even with wards down, if she catches me going between lanes or in a team fight ff'd first Cass's health literally disappears in secs before the stun ends leaving no time to stun and no other way to escape (other than burning Flash, once every 5 mins).

What is so frustrating about this situation is that both of these heroes are straightforward to play (one doesn't even have a resource system ffs), and either one so easily counters me (which often leads to my team raging at me, another wholesome pleasant experience). Advice, help, anything would be appreciated.

Epic Dancing Guy

04-29-2011

With Kat try learning his movements and when you know he's gonna Shunpo place your Q right below you so he gets hits. And Eve, well Eve's broken.

Medusa

04-29-2011

With Kat id say try to get Miasma as she Shunpo's over using NB.

Eve should still go down quicker or quick enough that when she ganks you your poison will still get her if you happen to die. She's super squish.

Arcane Azmadi

04-29-2011

Quote:
Anivias Chosen:
With Kat id say try to get Miasma as she Shunpo's over using NB.

Eve should still go down quicker or quick enough that when she ganks you your poison will still get her if you happen to die. She's super squish.

It's a nice theory, but do you know what happens after you die to Eve? Yeah- she gets a massive heal.

Busty Demoness

Recruiter

04-30-2011

I don't know how you're losing to Eve in 1v1 situations. You simply ult her as she comes out of stealth on you.

Kat is very similar, but wait until she ults after using shunpo to stun her.

Fluffy1

04-30-2011

against eve id be playing it safe in lane and avoid going to other lanes down the river unless you have a buddy, its well worth taking the long way round if it reduces your chances of being seen. once you have a banshee you can afford to travel alone vs eve as she cant stun you then.

as for kat its basically about pattens, you need to hang back and drop a miasma when she moves forward for the slow to easily land a Q and some fangs. unlike Q her miasma is instant hit and slow so she has no time to blink away. id also suggest an early regen pendant on first trip back if shes giving you issues, she struggles to kill from full hp and needs to whittle them down alot.

ComradeHX

04-30-2011

Katarina's shunpo now always land her behind you.

Stand on your own miasma for win.

karmaiko

05-04-2011

Thank you all. And no, Eve stuns so you cant rely on ult saving the day when she pops out. Ill be sure to pick up Banshee the next game I play Eve.

TheOnlyJaces

05-04-2011

edit : i just saw the previous post XD . one way or another she doesnt stun for 30sec. Ult asap.

Well , personnally i can 1v1 ww/udyr and such.
The most important skill on her is her ult (when we talk about escaping).
If kat for instence pop on you with her kick , ult her then NB then gtfo with a W on ur way to slow her down. Also , I always keep my exhaust for this situation to happend , which resume that i can spam q+e if I see im in a way of killin her.
Pretty much the same thing for eve or any champ who would flash on top of you or something.
Just keep your ult the more you can. Espcecially if the game is tight or if your team is lacking on kills.
Hope i helped with these basic stuff

Lavitz

05-04-2011

Punish her for shunpo'ing you. hit her with nb, and throw a miasma behind her, since generally they run back right after shunpo... Or they're going for a kill, ult... Yeah, spin makes it hard to get the stun off. Just try to abuse your range.

As for Eve, the best counter to an eve is blindly scouting with NB, it seems stupid.... But it's really effective, especially once you have your tear to charge. As well as competent teams.... Mias, wards... Oracles. God forbid you should delay your core for your life.