Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Randuins still good after HoG nerf?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sky Avenger

04-29-2011

Topic Still worth it?

Epic Dancing Guy

04-29-2011

Yes.

Larson McMurphy

04-29-2011

I don't think randuin's is a very good item anymore. It costs too much for what you get. Unless you're going to get a lot of use out of the unique active it's not worth it. Frozen heart is probably a better choice in even many of those cases though.

Ebonclaw

04-29-2011

The un-nerfed the Armor value on it, so Randuin's in and of itself is still a great item. Ironically, as much as I can always use a few more gold, I've always purchased Warden's first if I need the Armor that badly, as the hp regen and the built in passive slow provide extreme value.

Larson McMurphy

04-29-2011

Do some math before you downvote me. Randuin's gives you a little of 2k worth of health and armor. So you're paying 1k for some regen and the unique active and passive.

Sky Avenger

04-29-2011

heart of gold is the only problem imo, you pay way too much for 250 hp

Quenthal

04-29-2011

HoG was fine how it was imo, if they didnt like the stat allocation i would of almost rather them lower the itemization of the item overall, and keep both stats at reduced values.

Omen is still a nice item to grab in some cases. The HoG nerf (imo anyways) just made the item more situational than it already was.

HotsauceShoTYME

04-30-2011

Quote:
IronPrincessYmir:
HoG was fine how it was imo, if they didnt like the stat allocation i would of almost rather them lower the itemization of the item overall, and keep both stats at reduced values.

Omen is still a nice item to grab in some cases. The HoG nerf (imo anyways) just made the item more situational than it already was.

Really. I always thought HoG was way to good since it provided armor + hp and the gold/5 was gravy. You could literally early game stack HoGs and be filthy rich as tank and have great survival.

Aikimiller

04-30-2011

Quote:
HotsauceShoTYME:
Really. I always thought HoG was way to good since it provided armor + hp and the gold/5 was gravy. You could literally early game stack HoGs and be filthy rich as tank and have great survival.

Yeah, that was actually my standard strategy. Because it gave armor and health, it was a fantastic defensive item to get early. But now that it builds only health, I find myself not picking it up anymore, because early game I want to be building Armor first, not health, as a primary tank. Randuins is still good, it's just that since HoG is not as good to build anymore, it's a less attractive item path to go down, because HoG is a much more situational item.

So, overall not happy about the change, and how it effects tanks. But given how dominant tanky-dps is in most games these days, I do get why they did it. Just wish they'd kept it's armor and dropped the health. As it is, cloth armor doesn't build into a decent early game tank item now, particularly for tank junglers (madreds is not a tank item, that's tanky DPS).

1ronLung

Recruiter

04-30-2011

Randuins is a very situational item on some champs. it give a little bit of a lot of stats but not ALOT of any stat, so its better on phys bruiser champs IMO. characters like renek or malphite get more out of this item than magical tanks like amumu IMO