Beginning Rune Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jslep19

04-29-2011

I have recently started buying runes for the my main champions, Caitlyn and Nidalee (AP). I have ArP Quints for Cait, and Flat AP for Nid. I was hoping to find runes that are good for both champions, as I don't have that much IP. I was thinking of getting MP5 seals and CDR per Level glyphs. I find both champs are mana hungry, especially early game, and the CDR should really benefit both champs. Does this sound good? Also, what marks should I get?

Thanks.

sleepnaught

04-29-2011

flat ap is a waste. generally speaking i would recommend mag/arm pen reds quints, flat armor yellow, mr per level blues. You can use those with any champ and be good.

jslep19

04-29-2011

I have been told and many guides say Flat AP is best for quints for casters. Anyways, I was thinking about flat armor yellows and mr blues, but I usually play premade, and I position fairly well....I rarely die. I was thinking by getting flat MP5 it would solve my early game issues without wasting gold, and allow me to lane and harass better. The CDR will help immensely on nid, and it should help as cait for peacemaker, ulti, and trapping the map.

Parez

04-29-2011

it sounds like you know exactly what the issue is and exactly how to fix it

algumBR2

04-29-2011

dont get mp5 if u have mana problems, get flat mana instead

jslep19

04-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parez View Post
it sounds like you know exactly what the issue is and exactly how to fix it
Im just asking for feedback. Maybe there are more efficient ways, or better options for runes. I don't know that much about runes, so I'd appreciate any help I can get.

JayAce

04-29-2011

Not sure if this will help but for yellows if you are having mana problems you usually get yellow mana per level. Its because @ around level 5 (correct me if I am wrong) yellow mana per level = yellow mana flat.

As for CDR, its generally better to have flat CDR blues cuz it takes about level 12 to get the same effect on per level blues.

I use this set up for my Ashe/Ezreal as a ranged DPS. It is similar to the type of characters you play, but I use Armor Pen Reds.

Hope this helps!

Teekink

04-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAce View Post
Not sure if this will help but for yellows if you are having mana problems you usually get yellow mana per level. Its because @ around level 5 (correct me if I am wrong) yellow mana per level = yellow mana flat.

As for CDR, its generally better to have flat CDR blues cuz it takes about level 12 to get the same effect on per level blues.

I use this set up for my Ashe/Ezreal as a ranged DPS. It is similar to the type of characters you play, but I use Armor Pen Reds.

Hope this helps!
Eh, level 6, you were close enough.

But that's besides the point. If you are a normal mage character (not kennen or rumble), then you should be buying a regen item to start with. And later items should also add to your mana regen.

Typically, the area with the most mana problems for all champions is early game, so buying flat regen is usually a better idea.

Not to mention it's cheaper (205 IP).