The best junglers?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Drippy Sink

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2010

So, the title is pretty self explanatory.

Who are the best junglers, and how should they be runed in order to jungle effectively?

I know how to jungle with Warwick and what kind of runes to use for him, but I've heard a lot about jungling with Olaf, Aumu, Fiddlesticks, and a lot of other characters. I'm more looking for characters that jungling would be a good option for, not necessarily in comparison to laning, but I'd rather not have strong laning champs like Nasus or Mordekaiser thrown into this list. This list should be for champs that either have weak laning phases, get harrassed too easily, can jungle exceedingly well, or any combination of those.

So far, I know how to jungle-rune:
Warwick
Cho'Gath

My list of known strong jungling characters includes:
Warwick
Cho'Gath
Fiddlesticks
Olaf
Malphite
Udyr
Amumu

Suggested champions for jungling will be added here:

Please suggest a jungling rune build for the listed characters if you know a good one, and if you suggest a character, please include what runes should be used with them and which items to start with. I think the standard is pretty much Cloth Armor and 5 Health Pots for pretty much everyone on the list except Fiddlesticks, but I love jungling characters and I want to know as much about that aspect of the game as I can.

Thanks for your time and suggestions!

hz0ijXGF8qeI0CRT

09-14-2010

I could have sworn I originally saw this thread on these boards, but I can only find it on the clg-forums now:

The Jungler's Guide to the Galaxy (by timedpath)

http://www.clgaming.net/board/index....d&threadID=423

its pretty much EVERYTHING about jungling =) at least the most comprehensive I've seen

The Drippy Sink

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2010

Awesome, thanks. I'll definitely check it out.

SgtSmoke21

09-14-2010

Often neglected is Nunu. He can jungle extremely fast.

Ulfhednar

09-14-2010

that guide looked alright. a little out of date but alright. remember the point of jungling is more then just creating a second solo lane. its about getting the buffs on champs that can use them effectively, both to help gank the solo lanes and to keep control of your own jungle and dragon. some of the champs in the list, while they can jungle arent better off in the jungle, where as other champs benefit greatly from getting the first levels relatively harass free.

i personally recommend udyr if you have jungling experience already, or nunu if your just starting out.

Nunu: can really start with any item/rune setup, as long as you get consume to start and smite as one of your summoner skills. id recommend running 9/21/0 and starting with a ruby crystal. i run a pretty standard caster rune setup for him. magic pen quints and reds. mp5 per level yellows and CDR per lvl blues.

Udyr: i run with 1/21/8 with the single point being for imp smite. i use armor pen reds and quints, dodge yellows and mp5 per level blues. start with cloth armor and 3-5 hp potions. go for golem to start. some people like phoenix but i prefer turtle stance.

if you have any questions about camp orders or anything really id be glad to help. jungling is a blast and can be super beneficial when done correctly

fo0man

09-14-2010

definitely have to add nunu to the list, he's one of the best junglers and can walk out of the jungle with near full health after clearing it and go for easy ganks or lane relief.

edit:
as far as the setup I run on him, I use pretty standard caster runes as well, magic pen marks, mp5 seals, flat cdr glyphs and hp quints. for starting items i start with a sapphire crystal and 2 hp pots, for masteries I like to run 9/11/10, I don't really run deep into any of the mastery trees but I get a nice defensive boost, the magic pen and improved smite from offensive and extended buffs + xp from utility which I think is the most beneficial on a jungle nunu. BUT as long as you have smite and you get consume first you can jungle just as well with any runes and masteries.

Burning Dude

09-14-2010

shaco is a must have in your list.
he is better than most of jungling heroes (except for mumu and olaf) in a match.
my runes are crit reds,dodge yellows,ap/level blues and flat health quints.
start with a cloth armor and 5 hp pots, go to golem as soon as you can and put 5 jacks.
attack golem as it spawns and place another jack behind golem, use pot if needed.
get wolwes, wraiths and small golems with jack and 2 shiv. level decieve if you are going to gank or wait and level it when you get lizard.
put 3-4 jacks outside the activation range from lizard, kill it as above.
you are level 4 with 1 level of decieve, 1 level of jack and 2 levels of 2 shiv.
now go gank, decieve in and have your lane mate know you are coming. attack, put jack, use exhaust and ignite. Hopefully get a kill or two, farm a little, recall, buy madreds and 1 boots. you can buy health pots or preferably %12 lifesteal thing.
go out there jungle some, get dragon and go gank more and more.

Stacey Shin

09-14-2010

Rammus ive seen do really well in the jungle.

GoTWooD

09-14-2010

I jungle Tryn without smite, with it would be alot easier.

I got Crit(red), dodge(yeller), and CDR runes(blue) and crit quints.

21/0/9 masteries.

I buy green elixer and 5 hp pots.(Probably could get just crit cloves instead of elixer if I ran with smite but I HATE running with smite. Its a big come gank me sign and usless later game.)

Skill order Q, E, Q, W then R>Q>W>E

I go golems, wolves, wraiths, then B. Then Lizard hit level 4 and go gank someone. With WW and your slow if they overextended its usually an easy kill especially if your quick with it and your elixer is still up.

Ive also jungled Rammus but thats really slow and boring so I choose not to.

Ambient Noise

09-14-2010

Miss fortune jungle can take golem at level 1 with smite, standard cloth armor and 5 health pots. Can keep pace with solo lane, can do dragon at 6 (possibly lower need more testing). Strut makes moving fast.
Main con she is easy to gank at level 1 in the woods. Possible guide after I jungle as her a few hundred more times.