Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Veigar the tanking tanky tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Samsta

04-29-2011

Build I came up with whilst messing around with friends in a game and thought I'd share it with the community since I don't see alot of unorthodox playstyles besides Tanky Soraka.

Since Veigar is the only caster currently in game with the ability to gain an unlimited amount of AP, I decided to use this to his playstyle as another role.

So to start off with

Summoner Spells
Heal + Clarity

-The versatility of keeping you and your laning partner at a nice amount of hp and mana really helps during the laning phase whilst being able to lure the enemy towards you and being able to survive if they're aggressive.

Starting Items

Dorans shield or Regrowth Pendant

-Not alot to say here, more hp = better.

Ability Order

- R > Q > E > W

You must be able to last hit with Q. After you hit level 3 you should be able to EASILY last hit minions and around the end of the game I manage around 150-250 AP from just last hitting with Q and the passive gain of R.

Item Order

-Dorans Shield - Boots - Force of Nature - Mercury Treads - Rylais - Warmogs

From there you can buy whatever the game calls for. I like to build a 2nd Warmogs just to troll but whatever you'd like to its up to you.

Congrats, you can now take casters face forward while still having a nice amount of HP to survive group fights.

Enjoy, and hope to see characters played the way they aren't meant to be some more!

Feedback, QQ'ing, whatever let me know what you kids think.

Dane Dread

04-29-2011

Why no armor?

Samsta

04-29-2011

cause armor sucks

TXH SupportDaddy

04-29-2011

Id absolutely melt that build... -.-

Chumbalaya

04-29-2011

Quote:
Samsta:
cause armor sucks

Check please.

DoransTroll

04-29-2011

200AP end game is too tiny to do any magey thing. You can steal some from your target when you nuke a squishy, but it will lack some sting. Veigar with smart EH can still do the team some good, but I think you're better off not tanking with Veigar. Nunu, GP, Ryze, Karthus, Swain, Vlad, Morgana are better at this--they don't have an outright stun, but they have much better built-in survivability, since they either have self-heal, good utility, and synergy with spell vamp (which helps you tank a ton).

Maybe you should try to focus on mass HP and AR instead. Go for RoA and Zhonya--extra AR on top of AP is excellent, and you will be big enough to survive a lot of hits. Casters generally don't like to get close to you to begin with, because you use their AP against them.
And get Cleanse. You NEED Cleanse as an offbuild tank. If you find yourself needing mana, SPAM MANA POT! 40G = 2 to 3 spells = 70++G from last hitting, so you're always making profit with them.

Oh, and consider pumping up DM first. You won't be able to start farming AP early, but you can kill massive number of minions, leading to extremely fast gold gain.

shubomber

04-29-2011

Quote:
Dane Dread:
Why no armor?

better question: why?