Shen, Movement or HP quints?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sky Avenger

04-29-2011

What do you say?

Movement speed quints or should I stay with current hp quints?

Ortus2

04-29-2011

i would says ms because shen has a hard time to get in taunt range,It just more worth then that tiny bit of early Hp.

Sky Avenger

04-29-2011

I might do this yeah.. thanks for answering!

Any other comments about This?

Currently runed :

Red Flat Armor
Yellow : Flat Armor
Blue : Magic res per lvl
Quint : Flat HP

Naphtal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-29-2011

for tank reds. flat magic resist is ideal. yellows, dodge since you'll be doing 21 on defense, you might as well take full advantage of nimbleness. no problems w/ glyphs. quints are personal preference. i'd take the ms quints.

oh yea try consider getting aspd reds. it helps when you try to farm up a little or when you push a turret. a little goes a long way. oh and its essentially free 415 gold from dagger

Morsigil

04-29-2011

Shen suffers greatly from a lack of movement speed (395 with boots 2, I believe) and his dash is very short range. Movement speed quints greatly impacted my play.

Ionic Breeze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2011

So I get why people get dodge from seals and ninja tabi, but does Thornmail proc on dodges?

Sky Avenger

04-29-2011

Also, are dodge rune really a better bet than flat armor? i got both, is it just a matter of taste or dodge are superior for shen?

Cerubois

04-29-2011

I don't use dodge runes or movement speed quints on Shen.

I use energy regen yellows and hp quints. If you're feeling slow, grab a Force of Nature (you should be getting one anyway). Shen doesn't usually need to be fast, since he has great escapability and chasing with his taunt dash.

If you want some more oomph though, pick up a rylai's. Some more HP, AP, and a slow on the enemy from your dagger every 2 seconds.

Azaer

04-29-2011

What I hear is both, either one Health/two MS or two Health/one MS.

Personally I run three MS quints, but then again I don't even have a page dedicated to Shen.

Aikimiller

04-29-2011

The math has been done, and armor is better than dodge; you can find it elsewhere on these forums. Particularly on shen; dodged attacks don't proc his passive, thornmails, or randuins. So over time you're taking less damage, and dealing out more with armor.

As far as move speed vs HP, it all depends on your playstyle. However, you shouldn't need to move much. As the tank, your team should be doing everything they can to make sure team fights happen on top of you. In addition to that, you have your ult, so you can teleport accross the map in 2 seconds.

However, if your team is like most of the solo queues right now- where the dive and chase after everything and teamfights devolve into multiple running skirmishes (usaully won by whichever team gets their acto together and gangs up on the stragglers) then MS quints may, in fact, be helpful. Or you could get a Force of Nature in your build. However, if you're going to go for first blood typically, which shen is pretty darn good at with a decent partner, the HP quints are far superior for the survivability at the first few levels.

For Red, I've been running attack speed quints on shen. Mostly because I use a standard tank page, and AS tends to help tanks out early game with farming and such.