Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

massive praise for the external reconnect!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thank you for this Riot! THANK YOU!!!

So there I am, playing a game, and its going well: no real cock-ups, good kills, playing well with team mates, a good game all round...

Almost too good!

At this point good ol' windows 7 auto-f*cking-update steps in and says WAAAHAAHHHH!!! Look at me!! lOOK A|T ME!!!! I WANT ATTENTION WAAAH WAAAH HWAAAHHHH!!! And shuts down my computer without so much as a by-your-leave.

Thankfully i remembered: in the front end news section i'd seen something about external reconnects - i hadnt given it much thought at the time but i remembered it! And i remembered that it said to just run the LeagueofLegends.exe and it'll get me back in.

Well i had to try it!

So when windows came back up, i went to the game folder and tried it. And it didnt work. The lil LoLCoF logo appeared for a bit, and then it came up with an error message (i cant for the life of me remember what it said :S ) -something about being unable to validate something... maybe the client? not sure- but whatever it said it gave me a clue, so i tried firing up the regular game launcher front end thingy and logging in.

Once I was looking at that big ugly purple dude I hit the exe again and HALLELUJAH!!! IT WORKED!!!! I got back into the game and continued playing!! ^^

Sure i was 5 levels behind, and sure i'd missed half the fun, but I WAS STILL IN!! And I got to see our victory ^^

Once i was back in the game it was surprisingly bug free as far as i could see, the only 2 that stood out to me were:

It had forgotten my K/D/A stats

When i leveled up the first time i got the big number "1" in the bottom left, but no "+" buttons appeared next to my abilities, it was only after i leveled up a second time that they appeared. Odd.

Anyway, WOOT! Great stuff Riot! All multiplayer games need this feature and im over the moon that you've got it in and working !!!