Hybrid Ezreal Without the Manamune?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlithyTove

04-29-2011

All I ask, is it feasible?

I've been an AD Ezreal player for a long time. I really enjoyed the great early game with an AD build and have found him to be very effective throughout the game even if he does tend to trail a little behind AP Ezreal in Teamfights. However gone are days of my permanent lane presence thanks to Wriggles and now i'm looking for a different build with Ez.

The Hybrid Ez looks intriguing. Can he combine the solid start of an AD Ez while contributing more to teamfights like a AP Ez? I want to know!

The point of my post however is ask all of you hybrid Ezreal players whether the Manamune is mandatory of Ez. During my AD Ez days I relied solely on my Mana Regen/Lvl seals for any mana regen issues and that seemed to be all I needed (since as an AD Ez I relied on my auto attack for a good chunk of my damage). Hybrid Ez is a different beast however and relies much more heavily on his abilities to do damage and thus needs more mana apparently. Will I have to sacrifice my Doran's Blade start for a meki pendant? Will I have spend money on the manamune to be effective? Any suggestions or pearls of widom will be appreciated.

P.S.
What are your thoughts on CDR for a Hybrid Ez? Yet again I found that with AD Ez I didn't really need that much CDR since I use my auto attack for a good chunk of my damage and the Mystic Shot's CD was pretty short anyway. Do I need CDR to make a hybrid Ez viable? If I do then my previous question about mana regen answers itself (since more CDR means way more mana consumption and more mana regen as a necessity).

Draghinaazzo

04-29-2011

Just harrass with your q only. Dont use it on minions, only use other spells when you can get a kill. Conserver your mana and you won't need a manamune for AD ez. For hybrid ez however, I get a AA late game because hybrid spams all skills on cd, eating through mana like crazy.

I play hybrid ez pretty exclusively since the patch now. My build for him starts out like an AD build that hybridizes, then goes AP.

(exhaust/flash armpen quints and marks, cdr seals, no glyphs I'm poor 21/0/9)
Sheen
Ionian Boots
Guinsoo Rageblade
Hextech Gunblade
Lichbane
Rabbadons Deathcap
Archangels Staff
Sell guinsoo for second hextech.

I start mana sapphire with 2 health pots and rush that sheen asap! (I'll blue pill at 860 gold). If you are really having trouble with your mana; when building the rageblade and gunblade, start with 2 pickaxes and focus on just mystic shoting. I love this build so much, I have tonnes of armor pen from my runes so I blow up squishes super fast in ganks/team fights (shifting over tanks/walls/w/e) and when I get jumped by a tank or a bruiser, I can ususally kite them and heal their damage.

End game, this build has 240 ad and 747 ap. With lichbane procs on mystic shot, you'll hit for 1.3k, and ult for 1.4k. W and E hit for like 600+, all the while you get 40% life steal on your Auto attacks and 50% spell vamp on your spells.

P.S. I love cdr on ez. Gotta make sure my shift comes up as fast as possible. Also, thinking of dropping flash for rally. I know I know, rally is so troll, but my sheen seems to be applying my total ad to mystic shot, not just my base ad. I have yet to try it, but I'm thinking the extra 10 ad and 20 ap right off the start will be quite impressive.

EDIT: I take back what I said about rally, I thought it'd have a low cd for how garbage it is...... 270 seconds? lolyeahright.

HACKCAH

04-29-2011

alright so far just tried out your builds and they are rockin but how do you build his abilities and in what order? assuming his ult always takes priority

DoransTroll

04-29-2011

If you aren't expecting a super long game, nab Chalice and any mana regen item (preferably Morello, since it's cheap). This leads to very massive mana regen once low. Since you're hybrid, you can rely on auto attacks to take care of minions/etc. And you will regen plenty to pull off a few rounds of combo burst or kite nearly indefinitely with it. If you have runes, then it's even easier.

Draghinaazzo

04-29-2011

for skills I go Q,E,Q,W then R>Q>E>W