Losing bad? normal games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2011

hi guys ive recently started losing alot so now im at 25wins 30 losses and its gotten me really down im now level 14 (just levelled) and suddenly im losing like hell......im not recovering in anyway just slowly moving down ..... 25/26 25/27 25/28 etc
is there anything i can do? or advice? i also want to know if all things eventually recover because its not really happening right now............
if i will eventually even up reletivly easily please tell me.....
thnx guys

DrDoomMD

04-29-2011

Everyone goes thru it, at the end you'll even out around a 1:1 ratio.

Etherimp

04-29-2011

As you level up the experience of your competition becomes increasingly higher to match your experience. Sometimes teams are incredibly uneven due to the crappy matchmatching system. Sometimes you get screwed by AFK's and leavers. Sometimes you land yourself in a horrible game full of badmouthing morons who have no idea what teamwork is. Other times, you get lucky and you end up on a team with competent and cooperative players, or even a helpful level 30 who cares more about his low level team winning than he does about his own KD ratio.

I don't consider myself a "bad" player, although I am still relatively new to the game. (Only around level 19). I normally play Premade games with my friends, who are all about the same level (15-21). We win about 50% of the time. Sometimes we'll get matched against all level 20's, just like us.. Other times we'll get matched against 2 level 30's with 3 level 10's... Which even though it sounds "Even" on paper, it's really not. Level 30's have all masteries and runes unlocked. Level 19's do not.

My last 6-8 games have been mostly losses due to trying out a variety of new characters (both myself and my teammates have).. I've also been solo-queuing in my free time just to remind myself of WHY I stopped solo-queueing. Namely: AFKers, Leavers, and ego-centric a-holes. Occasionally I'll solo-queue and have a really good game, carrying my team to victory with a dominating score.

Last night, I played Karma (A support character) for the first time in a solo-queue game. I healed my teammates, I shielded them, I sped them up, I held my lane (1v2, mind you). I even got a couple of kills (5 total). My final score was 5/10/15. I had 1 person accusing me of "kill stealing" because I shielded them in a team fight and dropped one of the guys he was meleeing with. I also killing someone with an auto-attack just by accidentally last-hitting him.. My other 3 were all legit, in-lane kills before level 7. I tried to explain that my "Kill stealing" was unintentional and that I was a support class and that all I care about is my "Assist" score. I was met with name-calling and bashing. They even said they were going to report me for being an "unskilled player".

At that point, I gave up trying to nice. It was the first time I played a support character in 5v5, and I went 5/10/15, which in MY opinion, is not too shabby. I killed or helped to kill 20 enemy players while only dying 10 times in a game where my teammates were dead-set on soloing the entire enemy team and not assisting me or anyone else in any way, EVER.

Needless to say, I won't be solo-queuing with a support character ever again.

Moral of the story is: As with any competative game/sport, there are mountains and valleys. You have your on days and your off days and when you are depending upon a team to help you out often times you are left to fend for yourself when you shouldn't. Learn from these experiences and take them with a grain of salt.

That's my 10 cents.

Dane Dread

04-29-2011

It happens. I've had streaks where it just seems like no matter how I play, we just aren't able to pull out the win. You'll hit streaks where it doesn't seem to matter how you play, the other team is just so bad you can't lose.

Daikaze

04-29-2011

Wards... wards help quite a bit. That said, it happens. Plenty of people have times where they dip into the negative.

Scrumpy Jack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2011

Yeah, the matchmaking system is streaky- I've been playing for a while (700+games) and sometimes I'll go through a 10 game losing streak where it seems like no matter how hard I carry, my team can't win. Then a month later, I'll have a 10 game winning streak where I can feed like a buffet and my team still carries me.

ShadoFX

04-29-2011

it may seem that if you play for the "first win of day" bonus you'd be missing out on points, but
even if you play "until first win of day" you shouldn't deviate from 1:1 win-loss ratio, given a 50-50 chance per game.
heres why:
each day, you have the following scenarios:
win (.5 chance winning first game)
lose>win (.5^2 chance losing first game, then winning second game.)
lose>lose>win (.5^3 chance losing first and second game, then winning third game)
lose>lose>lose>win (.5^4 chance losing first, second third game, then winning 4th game)
etc.
that means:
expected value of win = 1 per day
expected value of loss = 0*.5+1*.5^2+2*.5^3...etc.=sum(n*.5^(n+1);0;infinit y) = 1 per day

Fluffy1

04-29-2011

normal games has been luck based recently since they announced season 1 is ending soon so all the baddies and trolls from ranked are playing normal till season 2. the last 3 weeks has been games decided on which team has the bigger token noob.

Stabbycat

04-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherimp View Post
I had 1 person accusing me of "kill stealing" because I shielded them in a team fight and dropped one of the guys he was meleeing with. I also killing someone with an auto-attack just by accidentally last-hitting him.. My other 3 were all legit, in-lane kills before level 7. I tried to explain that my "Kill stealing" was unintentional and that I was a support class and that all I care about is my "Assist" score.

You explained it wrong. Instead of admitting to "stealing a kill" you just inform the that the kill was "secured". ^_^

And XTreeX, don't worry about it. The matchmaking doesn't account for jerks and sometimes the other team will just plain have a better team comp then you. I you should spend your time perfecting your champs so that when you're higher level you can help fill in the gaps your teams will have. The losing streaks don't last forever!

blindedsight

04-29-2011

I had a bad losing streak last night myself, but towards the end of the night recovered in some games. Its all luck of the draw. Plus you can't expect to win them all.