Runes for Soraka?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jman69

03-05-2010

I normally purchase: Mercury Treads, then Rylai's Crystal Scepter near the start to help with survivability. Does it make sense to buy mana regen runes or am I better off going with armor?

The other option is CD reduction

Gumb E

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2010

Mana regen and armor are Yellow runes. CD reduction is blue.

I personally prefer CD in my blue, mana regen in my yellow, and magic pen in my red.

Along with this: http://www.leaguecraft.com/masteries...13024030030311 I end up having plenty of mana, and I'm able to easily afford to use my Infuse to polish off low-HP folks who flee my Sion buddy.

Sometimes I grab the Clarity mastery instead of the Clairvoyance mastery. Clairvoyance is yum vs stealth & shrooms, but sometimes it feels unnecessary if my team's already keeping an eye on the map to anticipate ganks.

Edyll

03-06-2010

Soraka really shouldn't have mana issues with her E (at least how I play her, can't speak for everyone)

Armor(Yellow) and Magic Resistance(Blue) runes are among the cheapest runes to buy and provide the *most effective gold-worth-of-items* of any runes. Especially helpful early game with +14MR is basically equivalent to -13% damage from spells.

Soraka needs survivability in my opinion, so these two sets of runes go a long way to helping her do her job.

PhuQPayMe

03-06-2010

Mana regen runes are so you can use infuse to allow you and your lane mate to be more aggressive in your lane.

Gumb E up above says he runs with Sion and let me tell you if you have a good Sion laning with Soraka that **** is absolutely OP early game. I can't think of a counter. With mana regen runes you can use infuse to keep sion topped off wait for CD and Sion can harass and you can silence stunners trying to stop the harass. You can do this all through the laning phase and get kills or force a blue pill.

I have tried several rune setups

Armor pen is decent for harassing melee and from bushes early. A few auto attacks-starcall-auto attacks will whittle down life.

Magic pen is good for marks.

I have tried several rune options.

Magic pen marks
HP per level seals
mana regen/level seals
mana regen glyphs
mix of CD glyphs and quints
Fort quints

I am building up a set of AP/level marks which I will settle on. My final anticipated build currently will look like.

AP/level marks
mana regen seals
mana regen glyphs
fort quints

Start off with AP Tome instead of HP ruby. That +20 adds up over time when used with astral blessing.

NeoDharma

03-06-2010

in my experience the best Soraka runes are:

HP Quints
Dodge Yellows
CD Blues
Magic Pen Reds

mOeeOm

03-06-2010

Best and most expensive:

Quints = Flat HP
Seals = Dodge
Marks = Magic Pen
Glyphs = Flat Cooldown

Legwen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2010

I dont think im quite high end but with soraka i go CD reduc blue, CD reduc per level for quints and HP/level yellow,.. and Ap per level reds. I've been told thats bad but im not quite sure why :P

knope

03-07-2010

Spam AP runes imo, You can get great CD reduction with items, and the AP you have at low levels will really help with your farm.

littleevil

03-07-2010

i use blue flat cd (cd per lvl will be fine too dsnt matter)
red yellow and quints are ap - this gives me +26 ap
without quints u would have 11 ap but around 11 cd if u went with cd quints

with her ap ratio i think ap is very good for her since u get +1 ap on her heal and +2 ap on her ult
i run a 8/0/22 on masteries for her too so u get allot of cd from that