Ren'Tir, King of the Abyss

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epoch Res Novae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2011

Quote:
Lore:
The beacon that drew Kog'Maw into Runeterra from Icathia was placed for a reason. It was placed by someone something. Ren'Tir, the Lord of Icathia. Proverbial father to Kog'Maw and many other such monstrosities from the Void, Ren'Tir placed the beacon in Runeterra ages ago, before the Rune Wars. There it remained, even after the most powerful mages banished him back into the void. The beacon however, sat, undiscovered by men. It grew in power, harvesting energy from the greed and cruelty in the hearts of men, until it became strong enough to form a link for Kog'Maw to emerge. It's power continued to grow, and this is from whence came Ren'Tir. Using the last bit of power in the beacon, he destroyed it after his arrival in Runeterra, sealing himself in this world that he would make into his own.

His first assault would not go unnoticed. Attacking a small settlement in Noxus quickly drew the attention of both Noxian officials and the League. While the officials of Noxus eyed him as a possible tool to be utilized for their own dark plots, the League quickly saw him as a potential for the league, seeing as that would be one of the only ways to contain his power, much like Cho'Gath, Brand, and Nocturne. While the mages of the current age couldn't compare to their ancient predecessors, and therefore lacked the skill to banish him, they could bind him to the League. And so, Ren'Tir was given a place amongst the League as a champion, no one knows if he is truly contained however...

(Passive)
Truest Terror:
Whenever Ren'Tir kills a unit, surrounding enemy units of the same type may be feared. Minions and monsters are feared based on a %, where champions are feared at 100% based on level.
Minions: 20%/30%/40% increasing at levels 7 and 12, for 1 second.
Champions: Champions of the same level as the slain champion, will be feared for .75 seconds. Champions of higher level than the slain will not be feared, lower leveled champions will be feared for 1.25 seconds

(Q)
Fang and Claw: CD: 10/9/8/7/6 Cost: 75/80/85/90/95 Skill shot Range: 1000
Ren'Tir strikes out a direction, lashing out with his fangs and claws, dealing 40/85/130/175/210 (+1.2 AP) magic dmaage to all in his path. Those further away take more damage, subject to sharper claws and his teeth. 100% and 150% Bonus damage is dealt to the last two attacked.

(W)
Isolation Sphere: CD: 20/17/14/11/8 Cost: 60/75/90/105/120 Range: 800 Activation Range: 150
Ren'Tir places a concentrated sphere of energy from the void in a nearby location. If an enemy unit steps on it, they are dealt 40/80/120/160/200 (+.5 AP) magic damage, lose their ally sight, and are revealed to Ren'Tir and his allies. Spheres last for 4 minutes.

(E)
Hunger/Soulshred: CD: 14/12/10/9/8 No Cost Range: 150/600
Ren'Tir deals magic damage to target minion or monster, consuming their soul, and gaining a soul stack if they die. Each Soul Stack increases Ren'Tir's mana regen by 1 per 5 seconds. Upon getting 5 soulstacks, Ren'Tir can expel the stored soul energy, unleashing a torrent of energy in front of him, dealing 90/140/190/240/290 (+1 AP) magic damage to enemies in a cone in front of him.

(R) Ultimate:

Void Form/Phase Strike: CD: 95/80/65 Cost: 110 Range: 200
Ren'Tir crosses the barrier between Runeterra and the Void, existing in both planes. While in this state he can use Phase Strike, returning entirely to the physical realm, dealing 150/300/450 (+1.3 AP) to and stunning a champion for 1 second. While in Void Form, Ren'Tir gains bonuses, more are added with each level.
Level 1: While in Void Form, Ren'Tir ignores Unit Collision
Level 2: While in Void From, Ren'Tir also gains a bonus 10% movement speed.
Level 3: While in Void Form, Ren'Tir also gains Disable resistance.

This is my first time building out an idea for a custom champion. Ren'Tir is slightly based off of the concept of Kog'Maw's father, from the hidden taunt line about Terror coming when Daddy comes. This is the king of the terrors in the Void, Ren'Tir. As for his appearance, I wanted something that looked similar to Kog'Maw, just more...grown up. So I imagined this guy being more like a centipede/serpent. He has numerous legs, but keeps his many legged/clawed torso upright with his head. I kind of realized after this that a good way to look at things is to kind of combine Kog'Maw with the pokemon Giratina. A centipede-like being that moves almost like a snake.

Let me know your thoughts! Still very much in the planning phase!

Edit:
I know he's kinda OP. I'm going to be changing this. I originally posted this in the wrong thread. Keep the thoughts coming!

Epoch Res Novae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2011

Edited Moves to be less OP

(Passive)
Truest Terror:
Whenever Ren'Tir kills a unit, surrounding enemy units of the same type may be feared. Minions and monsters are feared based on a %, where champions are feared at 100% based on level.
Minions: 20%/30%/40% increasing at levels 7 and 12, for 1 second.
Champions: Champions of the same level as the slain champion, will be feared for .75 seconds. Champions of higher level than the slain will not be feared, lower leveled champions will be feared for 1.25 seconds

(Q)
Fang and Claw: CD: 10/9/8/7/6 Cost: 85/95/105/115/125 Skill shot Range: 1000
Ren'Tir strikes out a direction, lashing out with his fangs and claws, dealing 40/85/130/175/210 (+1.2 AP) magic dmaage to all in his path. Those further away take more damage, subject to sharper claws and his teeth. 100% and 150% Bonus damage is dealt to the last two attacked.

(W)
Isolation Sphere: CD: 20/17/14/11/8 Cost: 60/75/90/105/120 Range: 800 Activation Range: 150
Ren'Tir places a concentrated sphere of energy from the void in a nearby location. If an enemy unit steps on it, they are dealt 35/50/65/80/95 (+.5 AP) magic damage, lose their ally sight, and are revealed to Ren'Tir and his allies for 6 seconds. Spheres last for 4 minutes.

(E)
Hunger/Soulshred: CD: 14/12/10/9/8 No Cost Range: 150/600
Ren'Tir deals magic damage to target minion or monster, consuming their soul, and gaining a soul stack if they die. Each Soul Stack increases Ren'Tir's mana regen by 3 per second, maximum of 5 stacks. Upon getting 5 soulstacks, Ren'Tir can expel the stored soul energy, unleashing a torrent of energy in front of him, dealing 90/140/190/240/290 (+1 AP) magic damage to enemies in a cone in front of him. Soul Stacks do not expire over time, only expelled when using using Soulshred. Hunger is unavailable until the souls are expelled.

(R) Ultimate:

Void Form/Phase Strike: CD: 95/80/65 Cost: 110 Range: 200
Ren'Tir crosses the barrier between Runeterra and the Void, existing in both planes. While in Void Form, Ren'Tir gains 10%/15%/20% Increased movement speed and ignores unit collision. While in this state he can use Phase Strike, returning entirely to the physical realm, dealing 150/300/450 (+1 AP) to and stunning a champion for .75/1/1.25 seconds.

Slightly increased Fang and Claw's mana cost.
Decreased Isolation Sphere's damage, and put in the forgotten duration amount.
Increased Mana Regen. Added a few other notes.
Decreased Ulti AP ratio, Made stun weaker at start and scale up. Removed Disable resistance, and made movespeed scale with level.

Alirght. New and improved!
Thoughts?

Gruntala

10-09-2011

I don't think the passive is very good, because it's near useless unless you're in the middle of a giant minion wave or teamfight (you could get ksed very easily and lose your passive). You should make it activate more often, or change it.

Here's my idea for it

Ren'tir's attacks have a 10/15/20% chance to fear target and nearby enemies for .75 seconds

This way, it can affect champions even if you get ksed, and won't target a single miion type. It also won't happen incredibly often and completely lockdown enemies.

Revant tillywink

10-25-2011

i like the kog maws father idea so any idea what he looks like i mean im sitting trying to invision him but all i can think of is kog maw with a beard really