To Jungle Or not to Jungle

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M2Cipher

04-28-2011

Hello all, M2 Cipher making my first guide/setup for jungle

I have been playing since beta and have quite a few games under my belt. I want to help those people out who have no clue how to jungle, Are slow junglers, etc.

I have played well over 2300 games and probably have jungled at least half if not more of those.

Mainly, what I am going to focus on here is what kind of a setup you need to jungle. Your runes make it everything for me. With the right rune setup I can jungle with no masteries at all, affectively.

With the rune set I use one could basically jungle anyone. However that does not mean I endorse Jungeling anyone. I have tested every champ up to this date and jungled easily (every champ) with the rune setup that I use.

I am not going to go down the list and break down tiers*, everyone has their own ideas, and mine differ from others. Some of the fast amazing junglers are as follows:

Udyr
Lee Sin
Warwick (Easiest jungle ever, if your a new jungler.)
Nunu
Amumu

Using champs with no cc to jungle is in my opinion a complete and utter waste. Only reason to do that is if no one will jungle and you want to goof off and just jungle.

*If someone would like to ask for info on a certain champ, and how to jungle I would be happy to provide it.

I name these because to be honest, it is always better to have someone that can close fast, slow, or stun. Or else it’s kinda of a waste to even be jungleing no? I mean the junglers job is to upset the other team, harass, steal jungle. Provide more xp to a solo lane that could have the potential to carry. Which you never know if they are gonna carry since you play alot of solo and get those guys who say they are pro, but you find out later..... Yikes... Morde is now feeding soraka, we be screwed bra.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where to start when Jungeling?

I start all over the place. The last thing you want is to get ganked, if you don't have a team that supports you. I usually don't get buffs till level 3, or have madrids. I like to watch my wraiths, the opposing jungle like to smite your big wraith quite often. Catch that dooshnozzler and kill him .

My biggest pattern that I like is Wolves, Wraiths, Double golems, harass lanes. Buy and come back for more food.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Items

I always start with Cloth armour and 4 or 5 health pots depending on who im playing. I want to stay out as long as I can and harass and farm.

If your going to jungle, BUY WRIGGLES! So many people that jungle think their job is to stay in the jungle and do nothing but farm for 45 minutes. WRONG! Get wriggles so you can get your butt out of the jungle and help your team. Since most people don't want to buy wards, problem fixed. Free wards with wriggles. In most games i still buy many wards on top of my wriggles, but that gives you an early ward to watch the opponents jungle or to ward a lane that is being harassed.

Oh and for the record (I don’t care if your fiddle) rolls smite.. Always sucks when people steal baron or a buff because you have nothing to nuke that last 500 hp. Not to mention all the steals you can have from warding the other teams buffs.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Masteries

I roll either 21/0/9
Or 0/21/9
or 9/0/21

I personally like the top 2 more for most characters

But you can roll however you want with this rune setup.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright to the runes.

As a jungler you are trying to have the most xp in the shortest time, some people say hey go Armour pen, well after hundreds of test runs... Armour pen is not fast at all. Compared to what you can have. My rune setup for jungeling no matter who I am jungleing is 31% attack speed 6.8 Dodge.

Reds 1.7%x9 attack speed
Yellows 0.75%x9 Dodge
Blue 0.64%x9 attack speed
Quints 3.4%x3 attack speed

Using this combo allows for fast jungleing, very fast. For many chars it also helps with the mechanics. Lee see, faster energy. Ren he gains rage faster, etc.

I have tried armour instead of the dodge out, it is okay, but look at the end game. 13-18 armour is not going to help you late game. The other team will have armour pen to take that amount and more away by then. even with a 6.8 dodge that could be the difference in a battle between any phys carry. Especcially when end game they are hitting anywhere from 500-1200. One dodge you could win a battle.

I have also tried every combo you can imagine with jungeling in runes, this one is always come up the fastest. By minutes on some champs.

What is a Victory when ganking?

Well ultimately it’s getting the kill. However many times that won't happen. Why you ask? Because some paranoid lunatic is worried he will be ganked so he is rolling with flash and Ghost.

I say a victory is getting them to blow their summoners. Now they have to play passively and you have made it so that your teammates can now get easy kills, with both summoners down its feasting time.

So to recap, If you can even get them to blow their summoners VICTORY!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This Guide will be a work in progress. Cleaned up and nicer looking to the eyes. And if anyone should have any questions on how to jungle, paths, or anything, I will expound on it for you.

ZXPrototype

04-28-2011

Explain to me why you think a Jungler without CC is a complete and utter waste of time, and yet put Lee sin as one of your top junglers? Do you think Olaf is complete and total waste of time? Akali?

JedimasterDarren

04-28-2011

Thanks for posting and sharing your thoughts.

I would like to know your amumu and poppy set up. Since cooldown is so important for both of these champs, I am wondering if you use cooldown instead of the extra 6 AS. I would think the jungle is not materially different in terms of speed. I actually use cooldown glymlphs and quints for these two champs with the AS marks and dodge seals. Cooldown is great long term in game, but attack speed on amumu and poppy (AD more important than AP though) is not that useful mid to late game.

I am also curious as to why you start ay wolves instead of wraiths? I normally go wraiths, wolves, mini golem which gets me level 3 safely with about 350-365 gold to teleport back or go to a lane. Smiting the big wraith right away seems better than the main wolf. Curious as to your thoughts.

Please also share your early skill ordering. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

ZXPrototype

04-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedimasterDarren View Post

I would like to know your amumu and poppy set up. Since cooldown is so important for both of these champs, I am wondering if you use cooldown instead of the extra 6 AS. I would think the jungle is faster with cooldown. I actually use cooldown glymlphs and quints for these two champs with the AS marks and dodge seals.

I am also curious as to why start and wolves instead of wraiths? I normally go wraiths, wolvers, mini golem which gets me level 3 safely with about 350-365 gold to teleport back or go to a lane. Smiting the big wraith right away seems better than the main wolf. So I think to hear your reason why.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
CDR blues only help a tad wee bit for amumu's W. In general they are good for him, but Scaling MR seem more useful anyways.

Also, wolve wraith twin golem is faster than wraith wolves twin golem (travel time). For jungler who can get away with 1 smite cast for level3, its significantly faster.

Kairno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2011

lee sin : aoe slow, knock back
olaf : ranged slow
akali : i'd rather see her in a lane and someone else jungling. akali ganks good, that doesn't mean she jungles good (and yes, i have seen jungling akali )

M2Cipher

04-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXFlip View Post
Explain to me why you think a Jungler without CC is a complete and utter waste of time, and yet put Lee sin as one of your top junglers? Do you think Olaf is complete and total waste of time? Akali?
Lee sin has a q that closes fast and a slow he can use immediately after. He can also use his ult to punt the target to the laner. Great in team fights as well since the ult can have the potential to hit everyone.

Olaf has a slow that you must land from a distance.. And no other skill that can help gank really. They have to be pushed quite far for. Or hope they are terrible players.

akali is okay at ganking but only a slow. She lanes so well and 1v1s so great, why waste her potential to farm minions and just utterly destroy .

M2Cipher

04-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedimasterDarren View Post

I would like to know your amumu and poppy set up. Since cooldown is so important for both of these champs, I am wondering if you use cooldown instead of the extra 6 AS. I would think the jungle is not materially different in terms of speed. I actually use cooldown glymlphs and quints for these two champs with the AS marks and dodge seals. Cooldown is great long term in game, but attack speed on amumu and poppy (AD more important than AP though) is not that useful mid to late game.

I am also curious as to why you start ay wolves instead of wraiths? I normally go wraiths, wolves, mini golem which gets me level 3 safely with about 350-365 gold to teleport back or go to a lane. Smiting the big wraith right away seems better than the main wolf. Curious as to your thoughts.

Please also share your early skill ordering. Thanks in advance for your feedback.
I don't go the cd because all the skills, except the ult, it really doesn't do much for cd if you do that math. That is one of the perks though if your a great jungler it really doens't matter what you use for your blues.

I start at wloves because of time. If you do wraiths then your running out of your way to do wolves then back where you came from to get the double golems. You save time and are back in a speedier time.

Also, you save your smite for the wraith still. Do wolf camp with just your first skill you have and autos.

What character would you like skill ordering for?

If you intend on getting blue you should try and still start at wolves since they come up at 1:40 and Blue at 1:55. You are taking advantage of your xp per minute.

As to the setups for those chars. Amumus tears are so strong you can jungle him with so many different rune setups I would say play and see what you like best, but ounce again you will get the fastest jungle from attack runes. Same for poppy, but the attack is needed for her to have good timing in the jungle.

It doesn't matter really that you waisted the runes on AS, as long as you have a good jungle and gank well your items will more then make up for that small difference.

BigZ135

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2011

So about Sion
Can I jungle and still go AP?
also what rune/masteries should I go with
Can he start at blue? ( I tryed in a couple of games but failed)
And what skill order do I go from lvl 1 to 5 ?

M2Cipher

04-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZ135 View Post
So about Sion
Can I jungle and still go AP?
also what rune/masteries should I go with
Can he start at blue? ( I tryed in a couple of games but failed)
And what skill order do I go from lvl 1 to 5 ?
I wouldn't recommend jungeling an ap scion. If that is what you are going for, I would go lane. Ad is def viable. You can start at blue with defence masteries and someone leashing it. Otherwise pass on it and get it when you have your madrids. Also, if you go attack Scion it is the only way that you really help your team out, His ult is an aoe heal to your team through your lifesteal. Many people passon playing ad scion, but it is very amazing and can carry very hard.

If you have a great tank and lots of dmg then you can just go for burst scion and go ap.

Reds 1.7%x9 attack speed
Yellows 0.75%x9 Dodge
Blue 0.64%x9 attack speed
Quints 3.4%x3 attack speed

For runes.

Skill i go with the attack boost, shield, Stun, Attack boost max now.

SO order of E, W, Q, E, and max your E asap

Aynia

04-29-2011

21 in offense is awful beyond a doubt.

No competitively picked jungler would ever need or want to run 21 offense. Or even 21 defense.

21 in utility should be taken whenever possible, it offers the most of all mastery trees.

Flat armor seals are superior over dodge runes. Dodge runes are not only less safe, but more unreliable.

Lee Sin is NOT a good jungler. He excels in a 1v1 lane. He is slow at jungling, and his only strong point is his high sustainability which is out done by Warwick, who offers better jungle control and far more reliable ganks start at six, and even scales better into late game.

12345 ... 6