Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hextech Gunblade viable on an AD TF?

Gunblade over Thirster 18 45%
Thirster Over Gunblade 22 55%
Voters 40 .

Twisted Fate Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PyrozBlaze

04-28-2011

I've recently started playing TF a lot, and I go with these runes

Move quints, armor pen marks, atk speed blue and yellow.

Yes I play ad tf, hes fun especially with boots of swiftness since it goes great with the quints, but my question is... on an ad tf.. would a hextech gunblade actually be more viable than a blood thirster?

Hear me out... Blood thirster cost 3000 gold and gives 60 atk damage and 15 life steal base... I understand the stacks but lets say you die... there goes the 40 minion kills and you'd have to go and get them again, i know i know its not hard but late game that can kinda be a game bust if u were relying on multiple thirste stacks

gunblade however... cost 3190 and gives 60 atk damage 75 ability power and both spellvamp and life steal... i mean.. this is just a theory that popped into my head, but it seems like this item would be worth more to tf even if i'm going ad

Am I wrong? I mean... early game having a great poke, with life steal and same atk damage from a thirster and hextech seems good..

then i could go black cleaver for atk speed.

Again this is just theoretical, does anyone agree or dissagree?

PyrozBlaze

04-28-2011

Will anyone give reasoning...

PyrozBlaze

04-29-2011

Someone help my quest for knowledge?

Elston Gunn

04-29-2011

Twisted fate is a tricky character. He's not like ashe that can only really fill one role. A long time ago he was simply an AP carry, but then riot nerfed that. Then people built him as a physical DPS, then riot nerfed that. He can play many roles in a match, and before you can come up with a good build you need to understand what role you want him to play.

Besides that, i wouldn't recommend a Bloodthirster on TF. He's always going to be a squishy character, and the lifesteal won't save him. On top of that he's slow and easy to target (and kill) it will be very hard to hold onto those Bloodthirster stacks that you paid for anyway.

I don't quite see how the gunblade fits into AD TF either. It's an expensive item and you're paying quite a bit for the AP, Vamp,the lifesteal which we already discussed, AND an active which you'll either forget to pull off or die trying to get in range to use it. I've tried it many times on TF and never really had good results.

LW has been proven to out-perform a fully stacked bloodthirster anywhere past ~95Armor. And if you're fighting champs with less armor than that, a black cleaver would replace the LW and still be a better choice than the bloodthirster.

Essentially my somewhat-educated opinion is that you shouldn't really buy either one on AD TF. Instead focus on:

Boots
IE
Ghostblade(or LW if they have very high Armor)
Cleaver
Phantom Dancer?

EDIT: For the record, i don't support playing AD TF anyway. If you want and AD carry use Yi or Ashe. His abilities are far too useful for him to be limited to just spraying his cards at enemy champs. Utility/support all the way.

PyrozBlaze

04-29-2011

Well.. the point of ad tf is to gold card and then dps, and consistently gold card.. that's completely viable, ap tf is reliant on his cards only and that can be difficult compared to an ad one. Tf is also a lot more fun than other carries.. that's why I like him, the card mechanic. Ashe is just an auto attacker.. it gets boring you know? Ulti sure.. but thats just the ulti lol, TF has global ult.. for now anyways.

I'd say life steal works well on everyone though.. it means you can get harrassed and then heal up before you go in again to harrass. Even heal up after a team right.

ManaBurnSEAL

Master Recruiter

04-29-2011

5 gunblades, boots of speed

livestok

04-29-2011

Personally I think you either go AD or AP no hybrid. The miniscule damage boost to wild cards (less than 75 dmg?) doesn't make them worth throwing at all. Also not a fan of lifesteal in general on TF. You shouldn't be in a position to get hit and if you do A)flash out B) ghost out. If you ARE caught that 20% lifestealh/spellvamp whatever isnt going to save you

PyrozBlaze

04-29-2011

I've never played an ad champion without lifesteal.. how do u deal with early game harass in lane then? your saying i can't charge and attack because if i do, i take damage that i can't heal back

Elston Gunn

04-29-2011

Quote:
PyrozBlaze:
I've never played an ad champion without lifesteal.. how do u deal with early game harass in lane then? your saying i can't charge and attack because if i do, i take damage that i can't heal back

I'll admit TF doesn't have the easiest solo lane. You can never be too agressive, but to survive you'll just have to have lots of experience and be very proficient at drawing cards. If you're laning then your partner should be able to keep you alive and going until lv 6.

AD TF can work, don't get me wrong. But the champ is simply capable of so much more if you don't just treat him like any other ad carry.

PyrozBlaze

04-29-2011

How should I treat him? I'm open to suggestions... I'm even thinking of quitting my AD TF campaign.. i keep getting out done in lane by everyone... a lux beat me before, out harassed because of her light damage bonus, my cards simply didn't cut it.. idk.. sigh