I need TF advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fawlcon

03-05-2010

You know that one skill, pick a card?
I dont quite understand how it works.
I know you have to press it once and you see the cards appearing
but i mean, how do you get the gold card? It goes by sooooo fast, yet i see almost every TF player get it everytime.

Any advice?

RAPTOR JESUS

03-05-2010

Blue - Red - Gold

Anticipate it. With the old (current) mechanic, when starting with Blue, you could generally do a quick 2-count when Red popped, hit W and land a Gold.

The new mechanic will always go Blue - Red - Gold (regardless of your previous pick afaik) and will always be shown for a static amount of time.

EnderA

03-05-2010

You have to get used to the timing, as well as the lag. I usually have to hit W right before the Gold pops up to get it. If I'm in the heat of battle and I can't wait, I just spam W and attack. Either: I get a Gold right off the bat, I get a Red right off the bat, or I get a stream of Blues and then a Red. All of which are powerful, and in a big brawl, it doesn't really matter.

Viral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2010

What I generally did was see the Red Card and count to 1 at a normal pace and then quickly press "W" to get it. Eventually, it'll get down to instinct and reflexes.

Fawlcon

03-05-2010

ok so basically you learn the pattern and when red pops up you count to 1-1.5 and quickly press w? Alright thanks for the help i appreciate it

RAPTOR JESUS

03-05-2010

Only until the next update. Which is making it easier.

Fawlcon

03-05-2010

What are some good lane partners with TF?

Lysergsaure

03-05-2010

Anyone who can take advantage of a ranged stun.

There are a lot of options, and someone who can hold the lane well while you're off ganking is a good choice too. Ryze is one of my favorite laning partners for almost any champion. Alistar and Blitzcrank are also really mean combos.

Charmicarmicarmicat

03-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by preach irl View Post
The new mechanic will always go Blue - Red - Gold (regardless of your previous pick afaik) and will always be shown for a static amount of time.
Are you sure about this? If so, thats awesome.