Why No One Should Ever Buy Crit DMG

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EasymodeX

03-16-2010

Quote:
that certainly means that last whisper and armor penetration are in fact imbalanced together in combination
I believe the phrase is "synergize with each other".

Phi Trigger

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderA View Post
Thanks. I actually read exactly that thread, but I did not remember the order correctly. It's definitely time to start stacking armor pen with last whisper.

Phi Trigger

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
I believe the phrase is "synergize with each other".
Synergy would give the impression that they simply work well together, which is certainly an understatement when presented with the resulting damage.

EnderA

03-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phi Trigger View Post
Synergy would give the impression that they simply work well together, which is certainly an understatement when presented with the resulting damage.
Yeah, Armor Penetration is OP. And Crit Damage is horrible. Hence, this thread.

OmniOblivion

03-17-2010

The worst thing a player can do is stack crit runes on Shaco and call themselves professionals b/c of that.

I hate it...

They wasted time and IP just to buff 1 single champion....

My name is Mark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-17-2010

I once two shotted a fiddle sticks at level 1 with a mundo and masochism... full crit damage page. would not have happened with armor pen.

i think i should clarify, i can appreciate the mathcrafting going on here but in an actual game a crit damage page is still a very effective rune page to have. in fact, most players i know who specialize in playing carries DO run a pure crit damage rune page with great success. 40% crit damage at level 1 is nothing to scoff at, and only becomes more ridiculous as the game progresses.

Doombringr

03-17-2010

ender can you comment further on armor pen runes vs a high attack speed rune book. you can get ~40% from runes and masteries to start. a free recurve bow at lvl 1 seems very strong to me.

I can see that potentially being stronger on a twitch for example but I am not sure.

Reidan

03-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by My name is Mark View Post
I once two shotted a fiddle sticks at level 1 with a mundo and masochism... full crit damage page. would not have happened with armor pen.

i think i should clarify, i can appreciate the mathcrafting going on here but in an actual game a crit damage page is still a very effective rune page to have. in fact, most players i know who specialize in playing carries DO run a pure crit damage rune page with great success. 40% crit damage at level 1 is nothing to scoff at, and only becomes more ridiculous as the game progresses.
rofl, have you read a single reply in this thread?

Reep

03-17-2010

Crit chance is underrated.

wildfire393

03-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringr View Post
ender can you comment further on armor pen runes vs a high attack speed rune book. you can get ~40% from runes and masteries to start. a free recurve bow at lvl 1 seems very strong to me.

I can see that potentially being stronger on a twitch for example but I am not sure.
At early levels especially, this is very good on Twitch, as you can quickly stack multiple levels of his poison and the expunge, greatly increasing your damage per hit regardless of how much damage your actual attack is doing.

However, if you want the best late-game carry potential, you are going to want Armor Penetration. He already has plenty of buffs to his attackspeed from his ult and stealth, meaning you want to focus on other aspects. Generally this means grabbing Infinity Edge (for damage, crit chance, crit damage) and Last Whisper (for % armor pen, which as stated synergizes very well with flat armor pen), meaning other attackspeed is going to be less effective.