[Guide] Mordekaiser, Lord of the ****ed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Toxic Nerve

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2010

Dreaded 47's Guide to the Relentless Mordekaiser
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone, this is my first guide and it happens to be for Mordekaiser. I have played as him for over 30 matches, and kept changing my item build as well as skill builds, in order to see what works best. In my opinion, my build works best, but there are other good ones out there, for example Udyr's.

My Mordekaiser is a burst damage tank, if you can afford the damage items later on. Either way he is still someone not to be taken lightly. Early and mid-game, you will dominate as Mordekaiser. He is a pusher and can solo mid.

Not only is your appearance very threatening, but your shield keeps you from taking any real damage. You can use low hp as an amazing lure to bring in an enemy that has 50%-75% hp and wait in a bush. Than use spam your abilities, maxes your shield out, and you can destroy the enemy. I have done this many times, and it is very very fun.

Mordekaiser is a well-balanced champion, except for maybe his passive and most definitely his Ulti, which is under-powered.

As Mordekaiser you should be able to push any lane easily. Just stand right outside their turret's range and destroy the creep waves with your skills. Trust me, it'll be very easy because Mordekaiser is great at farming.

One warning; beware of strong spellcasters and people that can stun, until you get your items, that is.

Now go kick other people's arses.

Skills:

Mace of Spades (Q): On next hit, Mordekaiser swings his mace with such force that it echoes out, striking up to 3 additional nearby tagets, dealing damage plus bonus damage. If the target is alone, the bonus damage is double.

Creeping Death(W): Unleashes a protective cloud of metal shards to surround an ally, increasing their armor
an magic resistance and dealing damage per second to enemies in the cloud.

Siphoning Strike(E): Mordekaiser deals damage to enemies in a cone in front of him. For each unit hit, Mordekaiser's shield absorbs energy.

Children of the Grave(R): Mordekaiser curses an enemy, stealing a percent of their life each secon. If the target dies while the spell is active, their soul is enslaved and will follow Mordekaiser for 30 seconds.

The order I get the skills in are as follows:

E (Siphoning Strike)
Q (Mace of Spades)
E (Siphoning Strike)
W (Creeping Death)
E (Siphoning Strike)
R (Children of the Grave)
Q (Mace of Spades)
E (Siphoning Strike)
W (Creeping Death)
E (Siphoning Strike)
Q (Mace of Spades)
W (Creeping Death)
Q (Mace of Spades)
W (Creeping Death)
Q (Mace of Spades)
W (Creeping Death)

I realized that this skill order is more balanced than the one i mentioned in my Champion Feedback Thread, and opens you to more life saving opportunities because you have 3skills to regain shield rather than just two.

The reason I max out Siphoning Strike first because it is the most important skill, especially when battling another champion near his creeps. His creeps help you build your shield up. It builds up the shield fastest. It also has very nice range.

Next, we max out Mace of Spades because it is like a natural Blood Thirster, but better because instead of getting lifesteal, you get shield, and instead of +60 attack damage, you get a lot more, and double that when the enemy is alone.

Masteries:

As of right now, I'm only level 25, but when I'm 30 my masteries will be like this:

Offense: 8
Defense: 21
Utility: 1

but if you want, you can go

Offense: 21
Defense: 8
Utility: 1

Runes:

I suggest to get either cooldown, dodge chance, or magic resistance runes. I go for cooldown, so I can spam my abilities faster that way my shield will constantly be up in a team fight.

Spells:

Now these are important, they could be the difference between life and death.

CLEANSE and GHOST
or
TELEPORT and GHOST

Either way Ghost is a must; it is more important than Flash because sure you can flash, but most of the time the other champs are faster and will chase you down. That's not the only reason: several times i have gotten blocked by my own minions and couldnt run past them, and ended up dying, and ghost lets you run through them.

Cleanse is probably more worthwhile than Teleport because if you get stunned, snared, or there is a DoT on you, you will not be able to get your shield up, and will most likely die.

Item Build:

For a match with 1 or no magic based (veigar, ryze, nunu, etc.):

1. Thornmail
2. Warmog's Armor
3. Mercury Treads or Ninja Tabi (Prefferably Mercury Treads)
4. Guardian Angel
5. Atma's Impaler
6. Madred's or Black Cleaver

For a match with 2 or more magic based:

why do i already change it with 2 or more?
because spells and dot will rape your shield and your hp in no time
'nuff said.

its exactly the same except you get Spirit Visage instead of Thornmail and your 5-6 items are your choice

1. Spirit Visage
2. Warmog's Armor
3. Mercury Treads
4. Guardian Angel
The next two you decide the order based on how the game is going. If enemies' attacks are bursting you down too much, go with 5, if you're handling team fights well, go with 6 first.
-5. Either Force of Nature, or Atma's Impaler
-6. Black Cleaver

Why it Works?

This build works because you become a tank, with a never ending shield. The reason I don't get Frozen Hammer/Mallet because sure it slows, but chances are they are attacking you for a reason, and if you want to chase, you have ghost.

When laning, like I said at the start, just stand right outside the enemy's Turret range and destroy the creep waves as they come.

When in team fights, make sure your teammates concentrate their attacks on 1 Champion at a time. You don't know how many times I have played with teammates that all attack different champions and than we all die one by one. Don't be hasty to use your Ulti rght away. Use it only when you see the enemy's hp dropping rapidly, and put it on him when his hp is very very low because your Ulti doesn't do enough damage on its own to kill the champion.

-Good Luck and Have Fun

~ Dreaded 47

*Edit* didn't know the word d.a.m.n.e.d. was going to have language controls initiated... i got that phrase from his bio.

Krangbot

03-05-2010

Quote:
The reason I don't get Frozen Hammer/Mallet because sure it slows, but chances are they are attacking you for a reason, and if you want to chase, you have ghost.
I don't mean to diss, but its unrealistic and unreliable to depend on a long cooldown summoner skill in order to chase.

Also, the purpose of the Mallet is primarily not for YOU to be able to chase but for you to use your tankiness and essentially hold people in place with the snare for YOUR TEAM to kill.

Quote:
For a match with 1 or no magic based (veigar, ryze, nunu, etc.):

1. Thornmail
2. Warmog's Armor
I have to disagree with thornmail being the 1st item, considering the life it takes to use skills as Morde, you'll be killing yourself as you use abilities. Morde needs hp/5 as his first item.

On phys heavy teams, I use the other Mail, the one with 81 armor and +25 hp regen and also snares players that attack you as well as slowing their attack speed. It only costs about 1850 too so its cheap.

I get an hp regen item, then I get the Frozen Mallet to get some actual HP. Then I move on to more tank items OR more dmg items depends on how the game is going.

If you get the Warmogs as your 2nd item, the laning phase is either already done, or very close to being done and it will not be very probable to fill up your warmog's unless you ignore your team fights. And if you don't ignore your team fights, then your warmogs is more or less empty and a very very very expensive low hp only item.

Toxic Nerve

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2010

um warmogs gives you more hp than frozen mallet, and it gives you the hp regen you want, and most of the time morde doesn't need a snare because every other champion has their own. and if youre losing lots of hp quickly and thats the reason youre dying, you don't know how to use morde.